Page 2 of 257 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. You need to turn the tv back on! He is no longer pastor of the church.

Anyway...let's talk pastors...John Hagee...part of John McCain's entourage...says the Catholic faith is the spawn of the devil, the anti-Christ...other charming things...even has a timeline with graphics to prove it!

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell. 9/11 was payback because of feminist, abortion, gays and lesbians and anyone who thinks in a manner different from them. McCain said they were wrong. Then flipflop and spoke at the commencement ...was it Liberty? This campaign he says they are good guys.

I don't vote for people's pastors...I don't vote for their jewelry or their spouse or even how they dress.

Because someone does or doesn't wear a pin made in Taiwan just doesn't matter to me....(Freedom fries anyone???)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    You need to turn the tv back on! He is no longer pastor of the church.

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell. 9/11 was payback because of feminist, abortion, gays and lesbians and anyone who thinks in a manner different from them.
    I

(Freedom fries anyone???)
    HA HA, I LISTEN TO THE RADIO NOW, No pictures, but I still can here people talk.......THAT'S FRICKIN AMAZING!

BO is no longer a follower, but still his 'friend'.

Robertson and Falwell forgot the part about the chickens coming home to roost and the US being a biggest terrorists in the world.

By the way, Who are the kooks who protest at the military funerals gonna back?

Freedom fries? We are back on a French Fries Footing. You can order regular or curly fries at Jack In The Box......that's our only concession.

And god bless ya......for your boycott of Tawainese products.

I do have a pin from the 1988 US Volleyball Team that I am not giving up. I am a TYPICAL VOLLEYBALL FAN, you can pry the pin from my cold dead hands.

P.S.
    It is kinda hard to defend the Catholic church because they have covered up the thing with the kids.....I hafta agree with that one.

Anyway...let's talk pastors...John Hagee...part of John McCain's entourage...says the Catholic faith is the spawn of the devil, the anti-Christ...other charming things...even has a timeline with graphics to prove it!

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell.
    Big difference, though. None of those men were ever McCain's personal pastors. Don't get me wrong....I am really not pro or con anyone this time around. I think the group we have to choose from is the worst ever.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    P.S.
    It is kinda hard to defend the Catholic church because they have covered up the thing with the kids.....I hafta agree with that one.
    Again, I cannot understand what you are saying but do understand that Hagee's accusations against the Catholic Church have nothing to do with the problem with priests and kids. Doesn't Rush or Lou talk about Hagee? Or how 9/11 was payback for women expecting equal pay for equal work? Chickens home to roost is EXACTLY what they said...well gay and lesbian chickens anyway....

And of course...
    He could be a TYPICAL AMERICAN MALE and get behind the whole ideal. But no, he's gotta be different.
    There's a sin...being different. Different from those "typical American males" who do not take off their baseball cap when the national anthem is played?

You know, It's time to dig into that bag of "dichos"-Those simple little Mexican sayings that simply explain an event.

I know I'll get the spelling wrong in espanol, so I'll translate it.

Tell me who you walk/hang around with and I'll tell you who you are.

------------------

Besides the painful mode of presenting his speeches the latest BO foible is the quoting of the founding father's works..

"In order to form a more perfect union....."

He might hve found god, but he's found out some American history too.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Mitt Romney got the same BS because he was a Mormon, Mormon=Polygamist, right? The reason that is wasn't a really big deal is the fact that MR didn't attend a church where the pastor/cleric/elder was running his mouth off and making light of the white man in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky or passing around the idea that god should damn the U.S.

---------------
    You know I've heard several white preachers on TV say sort of the same thing. Only instead of saying g d..n the US, they put it like : God will punish the US for things like abortion etc. They weren't directing hate at any one group, they were including them all.

Now some of the news people brought up that someone said the country is ran by rich white people. There was a big discussion on CNN about this. Fact is, the country IS ran by rich white people. Not that it's right, but few of other races have lots of money and those that do, have better things to do with it. If rich people didn't run the country, they wouldn't need so much money to run for president. Abe Linclon would never get elected today.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    You know I've heard several white preachers on TV say sort of the same thing. Only instead of saying g d..n the US, they put it like : God will punish the US for things like abortion etc. They weren't directing hate at any one group, they were including them all.

Abe Linclon would never get elected today.
    That's why I don't have any problem with eternal damnation. It's a more presentable way to show your disgust with the way things are running.

AL made it onto the five dollar bill, I think he's happy with that accomplishment these days.
    --------------------

ES,

Read my lips....oh you can't, this is all text....

I was just tossing in another aspect of that EVIL CATHOLIC CHURCH.

------------

I grew up with all the AHs who were trying to make statements, political and social by disrespecting the state I live in.

Let me define AHs.

MECHA and all the Aztlan idiots who were advocating the overthrow of the government so Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah could be given back to Mexico. Check out a rally when the farm workers or immigration rights groups march.
    You'll see the goofballs with the signs promoting their brand of anarchy.

These morons run around with the Che Guevara T-shirts on-they equate this jackass as some kind of savior. I stopped a teenager once and asked him who was on his t-shirt. "Uh....He's a...I dunno!"

They also have a loose association with the Roman Catholic Church. Another reason that I have problems with them.

Did I mention that they harbor my relatives that are in the US illegally?

--------

I take my hat off, pledge my allegiance and sing along with the National Anthem. Being a real racist, I tune in to the beginning of the Nascar events to hear the national anthem and watch those war machine fly over the track.

God Bless America, the pilots and everyone else.

-------------------

The 'SIN' that refer to really isn't a sin. It's a shame.

When you live in the U.S. you should get on your knees and kiss the dirt every once in a while.

You won't hit a landmine, taste the blood of protestors marching against the government, taste animal crap because your city don't pick up the trash or smell the urine that runs thru the gutters.

It's pretty ballsy to not to put your effing pride aside and at least make everyone you want to vote for you believe you are a stand up kinda guy.

But then again, show me a stand up guy and I'll show you someone who isn't a politician.

You are suppose to BS first, and then get caught in a lie if you want to be president.

TYPICAL POLITICAL BS.

Amen.

That's why I don't have any problem with eternal damnation.
    It's a more presentable way to show your disgust with the way things are running.

I take my hat off, pledge my allegiance and sing along with the National Anthem.

Being a real racist, I tune in to the beginning of the Nascar events to hear
    the national anthem and watch those war machines fly over the track.

I musta missed the Intro ...

Sometimes you're a bit hard to follow without a copy of the script ...
    Never quite sure which side of the aisle you're seated on ~
    or which pew you're *stomping on*!

BUTT ... It's always *interesting* to watch the game!

9. Read my words....

You still haven't told me why wearing a certain piece of jewelry makes you a "stand up guy."

I am not quite sure what Nascar has to do with politics but okay...

But I think "standup" has to do with how you live your life not your cap or your jewelry or any of that style stuff. You know...substance over style?

And if you read your history you will find this...
    taste the blood of protestors marching against the government
    is the blood of the brave people who founded the United States of America. You know the Revolutionary War?

And if you read your history you will find this... is the blood of the brave people who founded the United States of America. You know the Revolutionary War?
    No, I don't know the Revolutionary War, can you hum a few bars for me?

Being a first gen Cah Lee fuh Nee Uhn, I really appreciate the government, no matter how crappy and corrupt it is. God knows where I could have ended up on the planet. And it's not blind loyalty or partisanship.

It's realizing that it's not a perfect union - but a whole lot better than say...Venezuela? Cuba? China? Mexico?

What about religion in the Middle East? No problems there.

One of the things that tickles me to no end is the test given to the people who want citizenship. It's a simple test that not too many Americans can pass.

The day my dad came home with his U.S. flag in hand and a smile on his mug was the day that I took my citizenship that much more seriously.

Most people can trace their roots some 200 years here in the States. Good for you. Could it be that your citizenship is so rooted that you can take your country for granted?

------------------------
    C&S,

My racism is based on whatever car Mark Martin is driving and where he finished on the track.

I tend to stand with my feet on both sides of the aisle. That gives everyone a good shot should they feel the need to kick me.

I like to think I am a realist. That way when the fit hits the shan I'm not crying about losing or rubbing the loser's nose into it.

I wear my patriotism on my shoulder and lapel, hat and car. It's hanging in my garage and the walls of my home.

It's win and lose, good and bad. I am really proud to be an American and think that if you want to change the system, you should at least try to be part of it-not act like a slug who refuses to at least has a little decency towards it or respect for it and the people who might put him there.

-----

The saddest part about election slogans and mottos is the "Looking for Change" ideal.

There are two trains of thought on this.

The Typical American Voters who donate their change to someone who is using their money to get into office.

And the Typical American Homeless, who are looking to get donations of change outside of buildings and offices.

They are both looking to get high on other people's money.
    They'll both lie to you when you ask them what they are going to do with your money.
    And they'll both forget you as soon as you grease their palms.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

-----

The saddest part about election slogans and mottos is the "Looking for Change" ideal.

There are two trains of thought on this.

The Typical American Voters who donate their change to someone who is using their money to get into office.

And the Typical American Homeless, who are looking to get donations of change outside of buildings and offices.

They are both looking to get high on other people's money.
    They'll both lie to you when you ask them what they are going to do with your money.
    And they'll both forget you as soon as you grease their palms.
    The change I'm looking for, but know we will probably never see, is a government who works for the people not special interests. For the family who have a tough time paying for soaring gas costs and feeding their family, not the fat cats who have more money than God.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

12. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

Most people can trace their roots some 200 years here in the States. Good for you. Could it be that your citizenship is so rooted that you can take your country for granted?
    Don't take that citizen test yet!

This is simply...wrong. Most immigration in this country took place in the late 1800's and the 1900's. Being able to trace your roots back more than 200 years is rare enough to have its own clubs...DAR and SAR...and Native American Tribes!

Some people don't know who Che is...some don't know US history!

How about Kid Rock for president? I believe he meets your Sartorial Requirements? Kid Rock

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    The change I'm looking for, but know we will probably never see, is a government who works for the people not special interests. For the family who have a tough time paying for soaring gas costs and feeding their family, not the fat cats who have more money than God.
    That is why I like the idea of the limits on donations.

But, the way huge companies get around THAT is offering to make donations in the name of their employees.

---------------

Here's an interesting point about the gas problems we are having.

Gas (barrels of oil) prices dropped 10 bucks in the past week.
    Why? People are being smart and cutting back on the use of gasoline.
    My idea? Boycott one company and one company only.

They get a glut of oil and MUST cut their prices. The other companies have to follow suit in order to be competitive.

---------------

The 'change' that is promised really isn't crystal clear.
    It's like promising everyone a trip somewhere. You get everyone on the plane and you can't go anywhere because the pilot didn't think about where he was going....I'll be danged if I am going to show up for a trip with an unknown destination.

When was the last time a president followed thru on his promises after /he got into the Oval office?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

How about Kid Rock for president? I believe he meets your Sartorial Requirements? Kid Rock

Kid rock?

I don't even have an iPod, so what makes you think I have a kid Rock?

He's too Southern for me.

---------

P.S. my Dad came after the 1800's - Dad was part spainard and mexican. does he qualify as typical white dude?

15. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    P.S. my Dad came after the 1800's - Dad was part spainard and mexican. does he qualify as typical white dude?
    As long as he wears politically correct jewelry....