Thread: Politics and religion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    誰是你真正想擁有的國家呢????它必須是中國...對嗎???
    我認為貴國政府已錯失良機。
    Darn you hit the nail right on the head Wombat. Our States & Federal government don't have a pot to pee in anymore.

cystic fibrosis?
    cf. = compare (boy, I haven't typed that very often since I got out of school!)
    chocolate frosting?

ES, you asked why take away a right other employees have? Is it because the governor thinks collective bargaining rights are not necessary for public sector employees, but the employees themselves do? I can't give you a better answer for that one. Could the federal government use the money they got back from the auto bail-out to help state governments? Would that work?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

4. Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    cystic fibrosis?
    cf. = compare (boy, I haven't typed that very often since I got out of school!)
    chocolate frosting?

ES, you asked why take away a right other employees have? Is it because the governor thinks collective bargaining rights are not necessary for public sector employees, but the employees themselves do? I can't give you a better answer for that one. Could the federal government use the money they got back from the auto bail-out to help state governments? Would that work?
    So if that buffoon of a governor thinks that equal pay for men and women is not necessary but the employees do think it is necessary...does that make the governor right?

The thing to remember - this is NOT about economics. The governor has made - since he took office - more tax breaks to corporations than the budget shortfall. In other words - he created it. This is about power. The unions have offered to go along with the economic consessions he seeks - if he will back off destroying the union. He will not.

POWER...you know the Fat Cats - taking it out of the working class.

or chocolate frosting...

or can't figure or ....

clueless faker....

I am just not sure...

Way to go RICHARD you stumped the lady who claims to never be wrong. Feel to good about it, Puck and I have done it too.

Good job though none the less.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Way to go RICHARD you stumped the lady who claims to never be wrong. Feel to good about it, Puck and I have done it too.

Good job though none the less.
    That's it boys Never back down from a Know-It-All

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Darn you hit the nail right on the head Wombat. Our States & Federal government don't have a pot to pee in anymore.
    Nope. That's because they wear them on their heads.

May I change the subject from politics to religion just for a moment? I am so excited, I might have an opportunity to sing in church choir during Lent. My church has Sunday evening services and during Lent they are especially nice. The choir is doing the Fauré Requiem for one of them. I learned part of it in high school, haven't sung it since; but here is an opportunity to do it again There is also a handbell choir being put together for Palm Sunday... we haven't had a bell choir at my church for 10 years, so that should be nice. Then Easter is sort of a bustle, children, families, music, lilies, more music, more lilies. I like Easter at our church.

I now return the subject back to politics.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    May I change the subject from politics to religion just for a moment? I am so excited, I might have an opportunity to sing in church choir during Lent. My church has Sunday evening services and during Lent they are especially nice. The choir is doing the Fauré Requiem for one of them. I learned part of it in high school, haven't sung it since; but here is an opportunity to do it again There is also a handbell choir being put together for Palm Sunday... we haven't had a bell choir at my church for 10 years, so that should be nice. Then Easter is sort of a bustle, children, families, music, lilies, more music, more lilies. I like Easter at our church.

I now return the subject back to politics.
    Awesome!!!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I stand by my assertion that PUBLIC employee unions negotiate against the taxpayer. Simply because when the union wins a concession, the taxpayer has to pay for it.

Then there is the fact that unions are HUGE contributors to political campaigns. The statistics say that a vast majority of those union donations go to guys with a "D" after their name. I am SURE that those "negotiations" are on the up and up. As if a governor/legislature/what have you is going to fight hard against what a union wants when the unions money helped to get them elected. What we are seeing now, all around the country, is the long term result of the utter joke that public employee union "negotiations" result in.

Something has to give. I feel for the honest union member. But what are they to do?

Public employee unions need to have different rules. There has to be some kind of a limit to what they can get out of a 'negotiation'. Otherwise, next time the political climate is full of people they helped get elected.....
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Cf

CF = cluster f**k

I don't usually add much to this topic, but I do know what CF means. It was my favorite term while working with lawyers for 30 some years.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    CF = cluster f**k

I don't usually add much to this topic, but I do know what CF means. It was my favorite term while working with lawyers for 30 some years.
    HAH !!!! That's still my favourite term when dealing with government. But yeah, I have to agree that lawyers are very CFish....hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    HAH !!!! That's still my favourite term when dealing with government. But yeah, I have to agree that lawyers are very CFish....hee hee.
    Think back to your days in the service Wom....

What generally happens when a new Lieutenant tells a Sergeant HOW to do something?

Oh the stories I could share.... But this is a family show. LOL
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    CF = cluster f**k

LOL,

CF is beyond a CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    What generally happens when a new Lieutenant tells a Sergeant HOW to do something?
    Yeah, that's a bit gruesome to discuss here. But it's sort of along the lines of the Sgt ripping off the Lt's arm and beating him to death with it.