Page 18 of 257 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Yes of course, just giving you a bad time. But that is how my 17 year old decides who she would vote for
    Yes and some people even vote for the WIVES they like! No, I would never be one of the people fainting over Obama should I ever be in the audience (which I could never imagine happening in the first place.) LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    In order for her and Hubby Bill to endorse him.
    Ah, I see! They are free to the highest bidder, eh?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Yes of course, just giving you a bad time. But that is how my 17 year old decides who she would vote for

Tell your daughter to be careful. Bush junior was the better looking candidate!

Do you remember when his dad picked that lightweight from Indiana for veep because he thought his good looks would get the "women's vote?"

I assume McCain will do something similar....

I saw on the news that B. Obama and H. Clinton are now united - isn't that nice! After all, they agree on most things, don't they! And it's bound to be better than having a Republican president.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

In order for her and Hubby Bill to endorse him.

Hillary has already endorsed Obama & Bill Clinton will too. Personally I
    think his feelings were hurt by stuff that happened in the primary races.
    He probably thought he really could help her, but I don't think he did.

All politics involves trade offs, bargaining & compromise. It's rare that any
    one person is on the winning side on every political issue.

And yes Sara, it's just like that.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    All politics involves trade offs, bargaining & compromise. It's rare that any
    one person is on the winning side on every political issue.

Don't even say that. Pat Paulson was right all the time.

----------

I was watching BO speak at the NALEO (some alliance for crooked politicians)
    And he was doing a Q&A, he stops after one Q and asks about one oh his "homies" that is in the audience...

I loved it.

I can see the press conference if we ever have to do anything military under the watchful eye of the Allpowerful BO.

"Yo, were not feeling that, but do you feel me? We's gonna do a drive by in your hood, and bust some caps in yo, if you don't chill out, Holmes."

Or, as a Republican would say it.

"The bombing of (fill in your not-so-favortie Terrorist Nation here) has begun!"

This came from the idiotic Rock the Vote campaign.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/Celebson...Vote_1_502.jpg

Encouraging young people to vote is a wonderful idea.

Using the American Flag to swaddle you kid is really a slap in the face of the people who respect the flag. I used to have problems with athletes who would drape themselves in the stars and stripes after some kind of event or game. I got used to it after I saw that they weren't really abusing it or dragging it all over the floor, But, using it as a blanket?

Sorry.

--------------

IT's like remembering how much you love the flag AFTER you get called on about your lapel fixings.
    I really shouldn't notice that, after all, love of country or the qualifications for leading the country do not rest in your jewelry, flying a jet or spending 5 years in a jail during wartime.

So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?
    Not exactly bribery. I saw this today & though you might like it.

I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This should go into the Favorite Sayings thread but the cartoom reminded me of it.

A baseball manager once described one of his players, who had very large ears as looking like, "A taxi cab with both doors open, driving down the street!"
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Not exactly bribery. I saw this today & though you might like it.

Good one Liz!

I was listening to some music and began to play a Don Henley album.
    He wrote this song in the mid 80's and thought that it's a kind of timeless piece and really reflects the state of the country now....

A Month of Sundays

I used to work for Harvester I used to use my hands
    I used to make the tractors and the
    combines that plowed and harvested this great land
    Now I see my handiwork on the block everywhere I turn
    And I see the clouds cross the weathered faces and I watch the harvest burn

I quit the plant in '57 Had some time for farmin' then
    Banks back then was lendin' money
    The banker was the farmer's friend
    I've seen dog days and dusty days;
    Late spring snow and early fall sleet; held the leather reins in my hands
    felt the soft ground under my feet
    Between the hot, dry weather and the taxes
    and the Cold War it's been hard to make ends meet
    But I always put the clothes on their backs;
    always put the shoes on their feet

My grandson, he comes home from college
    He says, "We get the government we deserve."
    son-in-law just shakes his head and says,
    "That little punk, he never had to serve."

And I sit here in the shadow of suburbia
    and look out across these empty fields
    I sit here in earshot of the bypass and all
    night I listen to the rushin' of the wheels
    The big boys, they all got computers:
    got incorporated, too

Me, I just know how to raise things That was all I ever knew
    Now, it all comes down to numbers
    Now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothin'
    simply for the love of it

I went into town of the Fourth of July
    Watched 'em parade past the Union Jack
    Watched 'em break out the brass and beat on the drum
    One step forward and two steps back

And I saw a sign on Easy Street,
    said "Be Prepared to Stop."
    Pray for the Independent little man
    I don't see next year's crop
    And I sit here on the back porch in the twilight
    And I hear the crickets hum
    I sit and watch the lightning in the distance
    but the showers never come

I sit here and listen to the wind blow
    I sit here and rub my hands
    I it here and listen to the clock strike,
    and I wonder when I'll see my companion again

I was flipping thru the channels and got to the GWB speech at the swearing in of the new citizens today, the 4th of July.

About halfway into the speech I hear the sounds of someone yelling and it takes me about a minute to figure out that it's the morons who go to gatherings where politicians speak and then they try to disrupt the whole ball of wax by interrupting the proceedings..

They spoil a ceremony that had really nothing to do with politics-It's a celebration of people and the hard work that they put into to become citizens.

It's really a turn-off to have people remember a special day - when the president came to speak to you and congratulate you -as the day I became a citizen and some AHs had to make a scene.

-----------

Yep, GWB isn't the most popular person ever to hold office-and everyone has the right to disagree with anything he says or does.

All the anti-war groups, bloggers and media just show how their ignorance and disrespect for the rest of us- all under the guise of self expression.

I cheer for the cops, marshalls and secret service people when they have to carry off these morons- tasers, tear gas and clubs should be the order of the day.

Not for speaking out against a person or the politics they do not like- but, for acting like stupid, ill mannered cretins who can't behave at a function.

I'm w/ya on that one. There truly is a time and place for everything. Let our new citizens have their day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I was flipping thru the channels and got to the GWB speech at the swearing in of the new citizens today, the 4th of July.

About halfway into the speech I hear the sounds of someone yelling and it takes me about a minute to figure out that it's the morons who go to gatherings where politicians speak and then they try to disrupt the whole ball of wax by interrupting the proceedings..

They spoil a ceremony that had really nothing to do with politics-It's a celebration of people and the hard work that they put into to become citizens.

It's really a turn-off to have people remember a special day - when the president came to speak to you and congratulate you -as the day I became a citizen and some AHs had to make a scene.

-----------

Yep, GWB isn't the most popular person ever to hold office-and everyone has the right to disagree with anything he says or does.

All the anti-war groups, bloggers and media just show how their ignorance and disrespect for the rest of us- all under the guise of self expression.

I cheer for the cops, marshalls and secret service people when they have to carry off these morons- tasers, tear gas and clubs should be the order of the day.

Not for speaking out against a person or the politics they do not like- but, for acting like stupid, ill mannered cretins who can't behave at a function.
    Richard I was just watching that too and couldn't agree more with what you said. Why do these stupid people have to spoil what is a special day for others.

Richard I was just watching that too and couldn't agree more with what you said. Why do these stupid people have to spoil what is a special day for others.
    I also agree there is a time and place for everything. However, most of the time the current President goes to events that have massive security checks - you cannot get in unless you sign in blood that you worship the ground GWB walks on. Even then you will be subject to an FBI check going back 100 years.

Perhaps the people involved today figured this was the only opportunity they were ever going to get to let him know how they feel?