Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Maybe now he'll accept the fact that he lost the election. It's over Joe,
    go home.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=12370922
    And you care why?

With the amount of shenanigans that has gone on with this election the lawsuit should move on to a higher court. Yes it looks like Lisa won, but it should be won fairly. We are supposed to have free and fair elections, and what Lisa pulled was not free or fair. If it stands as it is we will never have another free or fair election in this state.

I'll ask liz another question, is this how you want elections run?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    And you care why?

With the amount of shenanigans that has gone on with this election the lawsuit should move on to a higher court. Yes it looks like Lisa won, but it should be won fairly. We are supposed to have free and fair elections, and what Lisa pulled was not free or fair. If it stands as it is we will never have another free or fair election in this state.

I'll ask liz another question, is this how you want elections run?

I care because I am a citizen of the USA, but I only know what I've read
    about this election of Alaska's Senator. I heard Miller had a lot of complaints
    that some voters misspelled Lisa M.'s last name. Big deal.

As you are right were the action was, why don't you fill me in on what
    you know happened. I'm serious, what shenanigans?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I care because I am a citizen of the USA, but I only know what I've read
    about this election of Alaska's Senator.
    So you are sticking your nose in business that doesn't concern you? What should bother you is the improprieties that have happened here could happen there and that should bother you. Im guessing it doesn't bother you because Miller is a conservative and Lisa is now beholden to private interests that reflect your ideology.

I heard Miller had a lot of complaints
    that some voters misspelled Lisa M.'s last name. Big deal.
    The big deal is that if the name is misspelled the vote is invalid. That is the way the law is written, and that was the intent of the law by those who wrote and enacted it.

As you are right where the action is, why don't you fill me in on what
    you know happened. I'm serious, what shenanigans?
    The law was broken during the counting of write in ballots, what more do you need? [ETA]To answer my own question, you need a whole lot more because you dont see breaking the law as a "Big Deal".[/ETA] There are also allegations of electioneering and voter fraud that need to be investigated to there conclusions.

Im comfortable that Lisa Murkowski won the election. It just needs to be done and certified legally and as it sits now it wont be and Im not comfortable with that.
    Last edited by blue; 12-11-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

So you are sticking your nose in business that doesn't concern you?

I was so hoping for a honest, dispassionate dialogue here. Oh well, I tried.
    Maybe another time, Good night Blue.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was so hoping for a honest, dispassionate dialogue here. Oh well, I tried.
    Maybe another time, Good night Blue.
    I answered your questions and you get butthurt, exactly what I expected from you. TTFNA.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

It takes forethought and serious intent to elect a United States Senator with a write in vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It takes forethought and serious intent to elect a United States Senator with a write in vote.
    Which is why the law was written the way it was. To make it difficult to run a write in campaign. That is the law Joe Miller is trying to have enforced. The same law Lisa Murkowski is trying to circumvent to retain Alaska's seat as our senator. By "our" I obviously mean Alaskans and not you, me, and Liz.

Thank you for seeing that what Lisa Murkowski and the left wing hit machine is trying to do is illegal.

I will say again that Lisa Murkowski won the election, but it needs to be certified according to the local election laws. Not by what the left is trying to do, if they succeed we will never have another free and fair election in this state and that should concern all of you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Thank you for seeing that what Lisa Murkowski and the left wing hit machine is trying to do is illegal.
    That is not what I said.

So you are OK with illegal electoral activities. Electioneering and voter fraud as long as is meets your ideals. Gotcha.

I bet you and Liz would be screaming hell fire if the election went the other way, even though Murkowski doesnt represent either of you.

I even voted for Lisa Murkowski before. Can anybody else here legally say that?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

So you are OK with illegal electoral activities. Electioneering and voter fraud as long as is meets your ideals. Gotcha.
    No.

I bet you and Liz would be screaming hell fire if the election went the other way, even though Murkowski doesnt represent either of you.
    I don't scream, no matter how an election turns out. It's not my style.

I even voted for Lisa Murkowski before. Can anybody else here legally say that?
    Not me, but maybe someone else who lives in Alaska?

Please stop putting words in my mouth. Stop assuming you know what I am thinking.
    Last edited by Grace; 12-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.

From the DoD -

Air Force selects potential base for Royal Saudi Air Force F-15 Training Unit

WASHINGTON – The Air Force announced today Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho, as its preferred alternative to potentially host a Royal Saudi Air Force F-15SA maintenance and flying training unit in the United States.

Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley and Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz validated Mountain Home AFB as the most suitable location for the proposed contingent of 12 F-15SA aircraft after a request by the Saudis to locate the potential mission at the base.

“Saudi Arabia is a valuable long-term U.S. partner in the Gulf. Facilitating the modernization of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft, as well as providing enhanced aircrew and maintenance training, would build partner capacity and contribute to stability in the region,” said Heidi Grant, deputy under secretary of the Air Force for international affairs. “Our thorough analysis has led us to select Mountain Home AFB as the preferred alternative to potentially host our Saudi partners and to build both their capacity and interoperability with the U.S. Air Force.”

Air Force officials determined that Mountain Home AFB is the preferred alternative for the RSAF training mission primarily due to its co-location with F-15E units, its suitable weather and desert environment, and its availability of airspace and infrastructure to support an F-15SA training squadron. The initial commitment proposed by the RSAF is a five-year presence at the base from 2014 through 2019. A commitment beyond this five-year period is possible.

Potential basing is contingent upon an environmental impact analysis process as required by the National Environmental Policy Act, and officials are discussing this potential basing decision with the local community, including the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes.

The proposed training squadron would receive its first four aircraft in early to mid-2014, with the remaining eight aircraft delivered by the end of 2014. The aircraft would facilitate primary aircrew and flight instructor training as well as maintenance training.

The squadron would eventually grow to an estimated 150 to 250 RSAF personnel, including approximately 50 aircrew and 100 to 200 maintenance personnel. The number of unaccompanied versus accompanied personnel and permanent party versus temporary students has yet to be determined.

The U.S. Air Force will conduct an initial site survey in December and initiate an environmental impact analysis process in early 2011, which will provide opportunities for public comment, in preparation for the possible basing arrangement.

No.
    That is BS and you know it.

I don't scream, no matter how an election turns out. It's not my style.
    Fair enough. You lay in wait and jump on anything that may enforce your stance.

Not me, but maybe someone else who lives in Alaska?
    I am also waiting for them to speak up. You and Liz dont speak for us.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Please stop putting words in my mouth. Stop assuming you know what I am thinking.
    I assume nothing. I go by your posts. I have never put words in your mouth, insert dirty joke here.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    It is MY money afterall.
    No it ain't, what is left after paying your dues to society is yours. And not a penny more.
    Live with it old fella, because all of your whinging and whining ain't gonna make any difference.
    You will pay your share, whether you like it or not, just like everyone else does.

"I'm Back !!"

The big deal is that if the name is misspelled the vote is invalid. That is the way the law is written, and that was the intent of the law by those who wrote and enacted it.
    The law was broken during the counting of write in ballots, what more do you need?
    Im comfortable that Lisa Murkowski won the election. It just needs to be done and certified legally and as it sits now it wont be and Im not comfortable with that.
    I'm a little confuzzed here blue.
    I read the article that Liz posted, and it clearly states that the judge relied on Caselaw in regards to misspelled names on write in votes.
    One can assume that precedent has now varied a probably outdated State Law.
    Part The Article..........
    "Miller's attorneys had asked Carey to strictly enforce a state law calling for write-in ballots to have the oval filled in, and either the candidate's last name or the name as it appears on the declaration of candidacy written in.

Miller argued the state shouldn't have used discretion in determining voter intent when tallying ballots for Murkowski. The state relied on case law in doing so and allowed for ballots with misspellings to be counted toward Murkowski's total."

So what is illegal about that ????
    INTENT should be taken into account, not spelling errors.
    Good God !!!! Everyone is entitled to vote for who they want, whether they can write properly or not. Thank goodness someone has woken up to this in the past, and a bit of judicial activism has overturned an obviously very stoopid law.
    Last edited by wombat2u2004; 12-12-2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: More

"I'm Back !!"