Thread: Politics and religion.

People of many, many races, creeds and religions died in the 9/11 attacks. There were Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Sikh, and more killed in the attack.

Christians were not the only victims.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Has there been a post about the Koran Burning Minister?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

No, but this is one incidence when I think the 24-hour news cycle has made this one guy's stupidity much more of an issue than it ever needed to be. He's one guy in a church in Florida. Let him do whatever he wants, but if the news media hadn't decided it was so interesting/newsworthy/controversial, no one outside of his own community need have ever learned of it. Now it is internationally covered, which is just pathetic.

Does he have the right to do it? Yes. But I think he might be better served in his understanding of Islam and indeed his own religion if he read one, instead of burning it. But that wouldn't make him famous, now would it?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    No, but this is one incidence when I think the 24-hour news cycle has made this one guy's stupidity much more of an issue than it ever needed to be. He's one guy in a church in Florida. Let him do whatever he wants, but if the news media hadn't decided it was so interesting/newsworthy/controversial, no one outside of his own community need have ever learned of it. Now it is internationally covered, which is just pathetic.

Does he have the right to do it? Yes. But I think he might be better served in his understanding of Islam and indeed his own religion if he read one, instead of burning it. But that wouldn't make him famous, now would it?
    I've seen several reports on t.v. regarding this, yet not one of anyone supporting him. Everyone from the Pope to the Holy Rollers is against him. In one interview with him, he was asked if anything would change his mind about it. He said if God sent him a message and told him not to do it, then he wouldn't, but he didn't expect to hear any such message. Now isn't that a surprise??? I think he'd better be looking over his shoulder, and fearing for his own safety, for quite some time to come, whether he does it or not!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Frankly if he's piling Korans up and burning them he's turned off his link with God.

Nothing is gained by inflaming the masses. It's easier to win converts by kindness, and spreading hatred is hardly what Christ called us to do.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I think he'd better be looking over his shoulder, and fearing for his own safety, for quite some time to come, whether he does it or not!
    And I just heard on the news that he has already received over 100 death threats. Frankly, I'm surprised that it hasn't been more.

I hope that people keep their heads about this - it's not going to solve anything by killing him.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I wish the media would have just ignored the idiot. There's enough of this nonsense as it is but this is just fanning the flames. He's hardly a good example of a true Christian and definitely not as a good minister of the Word.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

I think that about sums it all up nicely. The Media made this into a International event & they will probably stand by and report the burning
    event for public consumption too. Hey, "they are just reporting the news".

Right.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You mean hype the event shamelessly for public consumption?

After all, they're just creating the news.

May that evil minister rot in the fires of hell.

He is not only a disgrace to the Christian faith, he is a disgrace to humanity.

Shame on him. Shame on anyone who participates with him in this evil deed. Shame on anyone who supports him for this act.

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post

He is not only a disgrace to the Christian faith, he is a disgrace to humanity.

Shame on him. Shame on anyone who participates with him in this evil deed. Shame on anyone who supports him for this act.
    I agree with you to a point, maybe just one point.

He is disgracing the Christian Faith. However, he has the Right to do it.

I wonder what the Vegas odds are of him living if he goes through with this.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    Whoaaaaaa.....I wouldn't wish that one on my worst enemy.
    I'm kinda glad you ain't running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I wish the media would have just ignored the idiot. There's enough of this nonsense as it is but this is just fanning the flames. He's hardly a good example of a true Christian and definitely not as a good minister of the Word.
    On the other hand, if the media didn't cover it, they'd be accused of "Islamaphobia" and hatred of Muslims, of trying to cover up the activity of a so-called Christian man and thereby favoring Christianity. Initially I was annoyed that they gave it coverage but now I see that they must do so.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I know how awful I feel when I hear of people burning crosses and Bibles. No one should deliberately do something they know will hurt others. I hope those of the Muslim faith realize he is just one crazy old man, he doesn't represent most of us.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I know how awful I feel when I hear of people burning crosses and Bibles. No one should deliberately do something they know will hurt others. I hope those of the Muslim faith realize he is just one crazy old man, he doesn't represent most of us.
    Well, I see no reason why they shouldn't realize it. After all, they're asking Americans to not judge an entire religion or all Muslims on the basis of a few radicals who attacked our country.
    Blessings,
    Mary