Thread: Politics and religion.

"A Republic... If you can keep it."
    Benjamin Franklin

"The punishment which the wise suffer who refuse to take part in the government, is to live under the government of worse men. "
    Plato

---

We get the government that we deserve.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Is it to early to start voting from rooftops?

Just askin.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I guess I understand her reluctance to give up her 15minutes of fame.
    Not often you catch a Dept head of Fed Agency making a public fool of
    himself. But, I agree, she should just get on with her lawsuit against the
    Blogger who slandered her.
    Did he slander her? I thought he just posted a video of people agreeing with her actions.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

SHOCKER part deux

Well whaddya know? Another jackass who never actually listed to Glenn.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tea-p...1489233&page=2

LOL

Really.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE keep bringing this kind of absolute crap. PLEASE. The more these kind of people talk, the more able the truth can be seen.

The time for race bating is over.

Before you bash Mr. Beck... LISTEN to him. Really. Not a "transcript" Actually listen to him. You know... The TRUTH about him.

I know "you' can do it... She who shall not be named. Don't trust Huffpo. LISTEN to him.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

FYI - that link takes you to the second page of the article. If you want to begin at the beginning, go here - http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tea-p...1489233&page=1

Ok all you people who want to try to take this man seriously, be my guest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Ebo4UhloU

Or you can witness one of his frequent mental breakdowns on air. Here he
    is responding to a call-in question on his show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-B...eature=channel

How anyone can take him seriously is beyond me. To each his own I guess.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Ok all you people who want to try to take this man seriously, be my guest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Ebo4UhloU

Or you can witness one of his frequent mental breakdowns on air. Here he
    is responding to a call-in question on his show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-B...eature=channel
    So.... What you are saying is you will not even try to listen to him in context and continue to belive the cherry picked moments with ZERO context shared by huffpo/media matters/Olbermann/etc?

Shocking. "Sniper" 'Media' at its best.

Tell me Liz... What do you think tomorrow is about?

How anyone can take him seriously is beyond me. To each his own I guess.
    Well, you belive Olbermann, so I guess 'to each his own' indeed. (Thanks for the eye roll BTW. I thought I was the 'know it all and am always right guy?) Mr. "I get my show prep from Media Matters." And before you ask, YES, yes I do suffer through Olbermanns shows from time to time. The best part about Keith Olbermann? He actually sees himself as an objective journalist. I would have a TON more respect for him if he admitted that he is a commentator.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Well, you belive Olbermann, so I guess 'to each his own' indeed. (Thanks for the eye roll BTW. I thought I was the 'know it all and am always right guy?) Mr. "I get my show prep from Media Matters." And before you ask, YES, yes I do suffer through Olbermanns shows from time to time. The best part about Keith Olbermann? He actually sees himself as an objective journalist. I would have a TON more respect for him if he admitted that he is a commentator.
    KO was a sports reporter here in lost angeles for years.

He's no Murrow, nor does he have any more credibility that any other moron that came from a sport reporting background.

I love his "indignant" act and the superior attitude.

Look up his KTLA/Channel 5 resume Thestories about him about how he acted while employed there are legend.

----------------

Olbermann briefly dated conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham (who has won the "Worst Person in the World" Award numerous times on Countdown) in the 1990s.[6] In June 2006, Olbermann began dating Katy Tur, a reporter with WPIX-TV; the two have lived together in New York City since October of that year.[8][85]

Olbermann suffers from a mild case of celiac disease,[86] as well as restless legs syndrome.[6] In August 1980, he also suffered a head injury while "leaping" onto the NYC subway.[87] This head injury permanently upset his equilibrium, resulting in his avoidance of driving.[6] Along with Bob Costas, he supports the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation as an honorary board member.[88]

During a period in the mid-1990s, Olbermann appeared in a series of Boston Market advertisements, in which he would instruct a group of underweight models to "Eat something!"[28]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Olbermann

Gosh, I hate to lump him in with people with head injuries.....

You know, on a couple of occasions I have turned on Glenn Beck's mid-day radio show. I had to stop doing it.

He made no sense to me - within a few minutes my head would be spinning as he bounced from one nutty idea (at least that's how they seemed to me) to another. I don't understand where he is coming from, or where he is going.

I don't listen to, or watch, Keith Olbermann either. I'm more comfortable with hosts who don't scream and shout; hosts who don't repeatedly interrupt a guest.

Must be my age

This is interesting - about Beck's rally being held on the Mall. Some have objected to the location, more than the rally itself - and it seems one of the other Fox hosts agrees with that - from Yahoo news.

His Washington rally has attracted attention and criticism because it is taking place on the anniversary of King's speech and in the same spot. Beck has said it will be the moment when "we reclaim the civil rights movement."

His own Fox News colleague, Greta Van Susteren, said he should move his event. She said he should do it for sensitivity reasons, much as both she and Beck argue that an Islamic Center should not be built near the site of the World Trade Center, where terrorists struck in 2001.

"It does not help the country on so many fronts if we poke a stick in eyes," Van Susteren wrote on her blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    You know, on a couple of occasions I have turned on Glenn Beck's mid-day radio show. I had to stop doing it.

He made no sense to me - within a few minutes my head would be spinning as he bounced from one nutty idea (at least that's how they seemed to me) to another. I don't understand where he is coming from, or where he is going.

I don't listen to, or watch, Keith Olbermann either. I'm more comfortable with hosts who don't scream and shout; hosts who don't repeatedly interrupt a guest.

Must be my age
    He has RAGING ADD. LOL He admits as much. Maybe that is why I find it 'easy' to follow him.

The more you listen, the more you understand him.

But, I totally understand the sentiment of him being hard to follow sometimes. It has nothing to do with age.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    This is interesting - about Beck's rally being held on the Mall. Some have objected to the location, more than the rally itself - and it seems one of the other Fox hosts agrees with that - from Yahoo news.
    That's the thing... If people would only report the real reasons he is doing this where he is...

Just as white's do not 'own' Abraham Lincoln, blacks do not 'own' Dr. King. The idea of "take back the civil rights movement" is about putting it back on Dr. King's desired course. You know, rather than the tragedy that Sharpton, Jackson and the NAACP have taken it to.

Then again... Tomorrow is not about, at its core, even that.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I'd like to apologize for the use of another word for a Donkey in a previous post.

But, from this moment on I will no longer edit previous submissions hours or days after posting them. That 'revisionist history' feature here is, well, dishonest I think.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I knew these two would finally get together.

OM FN G.

I just saw a clip of the senator that authored the Health Care bill.

He doesn't want to waste time reading it, It's written in "legalese" and he's hired people to read it and explain it.

What a fricking moron, I don't know what is more insulting, him not knowing what is in it or the money spent to hire people to read it.