Page 16 of 257 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Please explain to me why some of the politicians are against drilling off our own costs because it will take 5 years to get the system up and running?

Seems to me if we are in this mess now, just think of the mess we will be in 5 years from now if they don't get off their bums and do something NOW!!!

Sure let China and N Korea suck the area dry when we need the oil too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.
    The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.
    Laura was wrong. MO took her best friend with her to see SITC, not her daughter.
    Don't you think Laura has been a bit off the mark since being banned from her radio station? I watched her new TV show, and thought she was shrill and not so 'together' as she is on the radio. For the most part, I enjoy her radio morning shows; but ended up switching away from the TV. Maybe yesterday she got rattled by that piece with Susan Rice.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The new Laura Ingraham show.
    An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
    What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
    What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....

I can't help it if I am not riveted to a program, I channel surf a great deal,

I have the attention span of a gnat and just tell ya what I heard, KInda like the people who watch Colbert or O'Reilly faithfully.

I have no knowledge of Ingraham before she showed up on my cable. For all I know Susan Rice is a side dish or some gal from the Food Network!

I did preface the MO story as being a smear. I am of the mind that stupid stories are sometimes stupid enough to be true,

Like barring Muslim women from sitting in the gallery at any speech a politician gives.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 06-19-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

6. I see...so you were knowingly printing something you call a smear...knowingly repeating malicious gossip.

Nice. Confirms my suspicions...you are a Valley Girl!

I see...so you were knowingly printing something you call a smear...knowingly repeating malicious gossip.

Nice. Confirms my suspicions...you are a Valley Girl!
    Valley girl?

Dearest, what the eff are you talking about?

You may be right, I did post a smear. If you go back and read my post VERY CAREFULLY you'll see that I did say that it was 100 percent true and since it showed up on a cable show it is the truth.

I stand by what I heard. I did call it a stupid story, so stupid that it must be true.

I was wrong and you know, it didn't kill me to admit it.
    It does make me want to vote Dem in November.......

There ya go, I'm lying again....

--------
    I heard CM has this thing going in VietNam, she steals eyes from the U.S. citizens. She sells them to blind people over there......

8. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Valley girl?

Dearest, what the eff are you talking about?

Well...you spend your time worrying about what kind of jewelry people wear, make fun of how others talk, spread knowlingly false gossip...and gossip, gossip, gossip! You give people silly nicknames (insulting of course!)

Any attempt to divert the conversation to issues bores you ...unless it let's you make fun of people.

(And...oh here comes another one of those ANNOYING facts...not all hyrid get plugged it to the electric grid. Some use the energy produced by the engine -- or the brakes to produce the electricity that runs the engine in idle.)

You remind me of those giggly valley girls. Fluff.

9. Yes, I am posting again. It really bothers me what you did. You know posting this.... MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true is the same dirty trick Bush's committee/gang/group/hangers did to McCain in the 2000 primary in South Carolina.

Bush's people conducted telephone interviews. They asked if the person was bothered that McCain had fathered a black child. Classic. The McCains did adopt a child from...I do not remember India or Africa -- with dark skin - so it wasn't a lie. He is the father of a black child.

But that wasn't the point. By saying it, repeating it, the pollsters gave credence to an image intended to put people off McCain.

And that is what you are trying to do. You can hide behind RICHARDspeak. But to repeat something you know is false is ....well false.

You remind me of those giggly valley girls. Fluff.
    LOL,

I have dressed up as a woman for some fun work events, So maybe I have some transvestite tendencies.

The same people I make fun of are the same idiots that laugh at me after I voted them into office.

I apologize for making fun of hybrid cars. I was always under the impression that you needed a really long extension cord to own one.

They do take more to energy to make and maintain-I can hardly wait to see where we are going to dump the used batteries. We can worry about that when we get to the fork in the road, until then, Kumbaya!

The one comforting thing to me is the fact that some people realize that I don't make too much sense and steer clear of my rantings.

If you think you have reached this number in error, hang up and try again?

------------

And, I am not insulted by you comparing me to a valley girl. It's kinda funny- I always suspected that I do like women over men. Does that make me weird?

Some stupid stories are just that, stupid stories.

Well, the TV ads are back. BO has started his in Indiana already, plus,
    we have a Governor race & a seat in Congress to fill this time.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

Well, the TV ads are back. BO has started his in Indiana already, plus,
    we have a Governor race & a seat in Congress to fill this time.
    I just saw the Baby Alex commercial.

That was precious.

--------

I loved the idiot punchline....."You can't have him!"

I did miss out on the "My name is Borat Obama and I approve this message." tagline.

Dang, I am glad that I don't have any kids.

I never knew that there was a political party that steals kids for their own nefarious needs.

Actually,

http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_9....dailynews.com

I'd love to see what that phone bill looks like!

I find that getting 'robocalls' from machines or humans make me less likely to do or follow anything they are calling about.

It's annoying, a waste of time and just a way any politician gets to pimp resources for free.

------------

I do agree that it's a way to get kids into politics.

Maybe BO can go around and change the diapers on the children he doesn't want JM to kidnap. That should win him their votes.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I like the baby Alex ad. Boy, McCain made a big mistake it saying how he
    would keep troops in Iraq for 100 years if he thought he was winning in
    that country. (winning what, I don't know)

He might have thought it was a good idea but he should never have
    said this publicly. Bad move on his part.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz, I thought McCain said he would only keep a 'presence' in Iraq for the next 50 years or so, much like we have in other countries. I could be wrong I suppose.

Well I have only seen a few commercials so far but I know it will heat up to the point of nausea. You won't hear me getting behind either candidate this year. As my husband says, we are in big trouble this time with the two we have to choose from. I heard an interesting statistic the other day on the news. Apparently somewhere like 17% to 18% of the people vote for a candidate because they like their spouse. Now that is a rock solid reason to vote for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I heard an interesting statistic the other day on the news. Apparently somewhere like 17% to 18% of the people vote for a candidate because they like their spouse. Now that is a rock solid reason to vote for someone.

LOL. It's about as good as voting for someone wearing a flag pin, or not,
    as the case may be.

I think both sides are trying to "flesh out" the candidate by introducing
    the wives to the general public.

p.s. I could never see what Laura ever saw in GWB. She is such a sweet
    lady.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt