Thread: Politics and religion.

Adams would never be elected now. He was shrill, short, overweight and annoying.

Ned Rutledge, however, would have been elected in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 07-04-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Wrong Brother. John might have actually been good!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Blog Entries
    Puckstop 31, You seem to be the only one with common sense here. I am counting the days when BO's term is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    President Obama... Articulate? When the teleprompter is on, sure. But, so what? Good looking? I have no opinion. Does it matter?

President Obama... The absolute worst disaster our economy could have asked for? You betcha. Foreign Policy is important right now for sure. But nothing is more important than the economy. What the President and his merry band of morons are more than happy to keep ruining. But are they really to blame? Who among them has ever even run a lemonade stand. No, WE are to blame. We elect our leaders and the past couple of decades we seem to select the guy who lies the best and promises the most of other people's stuff.

President Obama is a direct result of our celebrity worship. He sounded good. He looked good... He is a unmitigated disaster. Unless you draw your livelihood from government. (Read: You live on taxpayers money.)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39352.html

"What can the government do to create jobs." NOTHING. Let the people and business keep more of THEIR money.

All government can do is create MORE government jobs.

It takes 5 (at least) taxpayers to pay for one new government job. Do the math. Where does it end? What are we to do? 109 TRILLION and counting in unfunded entitlement liability. The baby boomers will probably make out OK. But what about the rest of us? Who's gonna crack first?

Baby Boomers.... What are you willing to sacrifice so that your posterity has even a sniff of a chance to live at least as good as you did? Social "Security"? Medicare?

But, I know... I am just a crazy hate monger.

As I have said before... Don't take my word for it. Read about economics. What happens when a country gets to a point like we are? Our debt (on ONE set of the books....) is about 90% of our GDP.... Do the math.
    I should wake up blue and tell him, I finally found the "someone" with their
    "panties in a bunch" that he talked about earlier. LOL.This is funnier than comedy Central.

Oh horrors, Obama has been Prez for a whole year and he hasn't solved
    all the problems created by eight years of Bush & Co.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    "panties in a bunch" that he talked about earlier. LOL.This is funnier than comedy Central.

Unbunch your own undies before you go pointing fingers.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

LOL. Liz... Your are worth the price of admission. Nothing to say, as usual, about content. YOU have any answers for 109 TRILLION dollars in unfunded liabilities? (Cough, Cough, due in large part to "D" policies)?

Hmmmmmmm?????? We all know you won't (can't) answer.

Did we miss the part were I said DECADES? Of course you did.

What is happening now goes back WAY farther than GWB.

And, in the biggest LOL for me... Your second 'statement' proves everything I thought about you. Carry on troop.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Only time will tell how BO did in office.
    He can't be any worst then Bush.
    I guess the question is, are most people better off or worst off then they were when Bush was in office?
    Everyone needs to answer that on their own.

112/400 not that anyone is shocked and I don't give a flying fig how anyone feels about MY beliefs they are MY beliefs... not yours so get over it

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    ASo they wanted a good looking articulate black man as party chairman
    Very racist of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    SIZE="2"]Yes, LH, R, b, PS - we all know you do not think President Obama is articulate or good looking.[/SIZE]
    Barry is very articulate, when he is reading from a teleprompter. And I dont vote based on looks, Im just not that "Progressive".
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Barry is very articulate, when he is reading from a teleprompter.

Most public speakers, and most all Presidents, (that I know of) speak from
    notes. Nothing new there. Obama also writes his own dialogue ,while most
    Presidents don't, they have a speech writer. What they don't do is read
    words written on the palm of their hands, like school children.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blue I don't think that comment was racist, I think it is fact.
    That is what the powers that be wanted and ES just stated the truth.
    For a first black president we picked someone not too black, doesn't sound black, doesn't act like many typical black men living in the inner city.
    I also don't think America would have voted for him if he was kohl black. OB is sort of a a mix not to dark not to light, so as not to offend the Archie Bunkers of this world.
    Even blacks have a chaste system where they judge themselves on how black a person is. The blacker the less wanted by black men black women are. That is why many black women color their hair blond or red, straighten their hair. It is sad because they should embrace who they are. Michelle Obama would never die her hair blond, she is a beautiful black women and a wonderful role model for all women.
    I am not trying to be racist either but many of us can tell if we are speaking to a black or white person on the phone by the way they speak. It's just a fact. Just like one can tell an inner city person person by their speech.
    Same thing for a person in the north or south or west most of us pick up on the accent, does NOT make one better then another just different. People in Boston have a different way of speaking then people from West Virginia. People in Minnosota speak differently then people from Maine. And as far as the N word, the only place I hear that spoken is when I am downtown Cleveland. Blacks downtown refer to each other in those terms. Sad but true. A white person using the N word well I have not heard that in years except for Michael Richards and Mel Gibson.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Very racist of you.

Barry is very articulate, when he is reading from a teleprompter. And I dont vote based on looks, Im just not that "Progressive".
    Last edited by Marigold2; 07-05-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Most public speakers, and most all Presidents, (that I know of) speak from
    notes. Nothing new there. Obama also writes his own dialogue ,while most
    Presidents don't, they have a speech writer. What they don't do is read
    words written on the palm of their hands, like school children.
    Jon Favreau is Obama's speechwriter, has been for awhile now. Without Mr Favreau Barry is a mumbling bumbling speaker. At least Mrs Palin can get through a speech without "Umming" the audience to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    Blue I don't think that comment was racist, I think it is fact.
    The comment was based on the color of the mans skin, so yes its a fact that it was racist.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Interesting survey rankings of all 43 Presidents.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...8/daily29.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

The mere fact that Presidents Clinon, Obama, and Johnson are ahead of Presidents Adams (both) and Reagan speak volumes about the political leanings and perspective (or lack thereof) of the survey group.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The mere fact that Presidents Clinon, Obama, and Johnson are ahead of Presidents Adams (both) and Reagan speak volumes about the political leanings and perspective (or lack thereof) of the survey group.
    FDR? Mr. Big Government failure?

WILSON? Mr. "I interned more Americans than FDR did Japanese Americans during WW1?" WILSON? Mr. "Progressive Income Tax"?

Barack Obama #15, ALREADY? LOL

Its the greatest joke ever.... Certain people really believe such stuff. History is a cruel master sometimes. Facts are facts.... Regardless of how a group tries to change it.

Adams was a rather mediocre President... But he can justifiably pass the blame, partially on Jefferson. Our current Dear Leader and his merry band of idiots..... Worst ever, by far. ZERO "been there done that". And it shows.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

John Adams was the weakest of the original leaders no doubt, but he had assistance from many quarters in that, not just from Jefferson.

Again, he was shrill, opinionated, and undiplomatic, which played right into his opponents' hands.

TO rank him below LBJ and the current President, however, is a complete farce.