Thread: Politics and religion.

I read that in the Post. Excellent article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    That read is a big eye opener. My thought is someday this country will fall like the Roman Empire.
    Indeed. We are 50-51 B.C. in a nutshell. The end of the Roman Republic. The begining of the Roman Dictatorship.

Do not take my word for it. Research it yourself. Look at the fiscal policy. Look at the foreign policy.

Like I have said before... Nothing is new. Nothing is 'progressive'. History repeats itself because we allow ourselves to become utterly ignorant of it.

Or, you can just post a link and cheer.

What about the United Nations? That is not mentioned in there. Aren't there war rules our military & every other country that belongs to the United Nations have to follow? Isn't that what happened in Viet Nam? It has been a long time but was the United Nations put together to promote world peace? Just some questions I need answered. Jump in someone that knows world history.
    Again.... History repeats itself. The Leauge of Nations was a utter failure. Why? The UN is nothing but worse. WHY?

Rules and laws only apply to the law abiding. Its the same forthe world as it is for the US. Make all the worthless laws you want. If we are unwilling to enforce them, whats their worth?

Like I say all the time... Failure/unlawfulness MUST equal consequence. But no, we make excuses and coddle. Look at the situation in Iran. "Ok, we will give you chance # 1,284,405. But the NEXT time....."

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

As for the 'excellent' article.....

Who was it that said.... "Fight to WIN or go home."

I would dare any of you to ask my father about why we 'lost' in Vietnam. Either America has the guts to WIN or we don't. The losers of the world will always bitch about how the winners, won. 999,999 out of 1,000,000 our troops do the right thing. Yet, they still lose. WHY?

Because of politicians who are cowards and because of the self-righteous, history ignorant cowards who support them.

Before any of you lecture me... Be prepared to tell me why it was OK for me to bury a friend for nothing... When he could have lived, if only he was allowed to do what soldiers are trained to do.

The word 'coward', pretty much sums it up. "Do the right thing, even when its not popular."

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    The Viet Nam War was lost because of the politicans back home here. You either let the military fight like they need to (& there will be civilian causalities) there always is. Kill or be killed! The Soviet Union lost in Afghanistan. There is a message right there. We should send these stupid politicans over to fight & follow their stupid laws & rules along with a bunch of lawyers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    The Viet Nam War was lost because of the politicans back home here. You either let the military fight like they need to (& there will be civilian causalities) there always is. Kill or be killed! The Soviet Union lost in Afghanistan. There is a message right there. We should send these stupid politicans over to fight & follow their stupid laws & rules along with a bunch of lawyers too.
    Don't forget, it is the politicians and their flights of fancy that get us into most of these so-called wars in the first place. I do agree with you - send THEM over and see how fast we have no more conflicts.

Grace, yes I had never thought about the differences that a standing
    army presents.

All I know is "this ain't your daddy's war" anymore & today's conflicts
    are not "all out war" with uniformed foreign troops. The COIN thing requires
    a different skill set than older "tradional" wars.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

COIN (or 'asymmetrical warfare' as it is also known) does indeed require additional skill sets. There will always be the need to fight and win kinetic engagements.

Further, our military, after a learning curve, now has the skills to win in asymmetrical environments. Its still a shame that we deploy them, only to not let them win.

The common factor in US failures in modern asymmetrical conflict is the lack of political will to let our best men and women do what they are trained to do. Once the decision is made to send them, don't tie their hands because your poll numbers might take a hit. Because more than anything else, America loves a winner. A fine example was the engagement at Tora Bora. We had, supposedly, OBL surrounded. But our politicians (in this case, the hated GWB) wanted to look like a 'team' player and wait for (unreliable at best) Afghan forces to get to the battlefield. In battle, when you have the enemy on the ropes, you stomp on him.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    What about the safety of your men/women? I have nephew that trains higher ups on survival skills & has been to Iraq. I guess some of the higher ups are so above him & everyone else he FLUNKS them & they have to take the training course over again. Can you imagine having to serve under someone that has your safety in his hands & he/she is so arrogant they care about only what looks good to & for them.

Kill terrorists! Save the Planet!!!!

Blog Entries
    What Next? Maybe our troops will have to start loading their own shells. Load Shell, Shoot, Load Shell, Shoot, Load Shell, Shoot. Bulls Eye-Dead Terrorist.

The Speaker of the House

"Unemployment compensation is a job creating mechanism."

http://www.breitbart.tv/pelosi-unemp...o-create-jobs/

Any of you lefties got a defence for this typically brain dead Pelosi comment?

PUH-LEASE explain to me how unemployment compensation CREATES Private sector jobs?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

12. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Interesting Washingto Post article I read the other day. Something to
    think about.

Endless war, a recipe for four-star arrogance
    Having finally had time to read the complete Rolling Stone interview of McC...this guy has been practicing hubris, arrogance, frat boy immaturity, and downright disgusting behavior since at least his term at West Point.

The question is...does the system create the behavior* or the behavior* create the system?

*Self-edited

Did I mention I messed my pants earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Did I mention I messed my pants earlier?

One word Richard.......... Depends
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Having finally had time to read the complete Rolling Stone interview of McC...this guy has been practicing hubris, arrogance, frat boy immaturity, and downright disgusting behavior since at least his term at West Point.

The question is...does the system create the behavior* or the behavior* create the system?

*Self-edited

McC 's history at West Point describes "take to the limit", "bad boy"
    behavior as a cadet. Maybe it's part of who he is?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt