Thread: Politics and religion.

Speaker Pelosi speaking about the latest iteration of HCR:

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
    Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

Pass it, then read it? WTF?

I'd ask Cali to retire Speaker Pelosi, but in a way, there's just too much comedic value to see her go back to her vinyard.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Speaker Pelosi speaking about the latest iteration of HCR:

Pass it, then read it? WTF?

I'd ask Cali to retire Speaker Pelosi, but in a way, there's just too much comedic value to see her go back to her vinyard.
    Pasture! IT's kinda like a free range animal, you want it to live out it's 'usefullness' in relative ease...

Socrates say... "If you pee against wind, you get wet."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031102904.html

Thank you, President Obama. Thank you for awakening the giant that is the REAL American people. The people who really know our history and know who we really are.

____

I BEG anyone to offer an oririginal, differenting opinion.

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America
    when in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government ***, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.....

*** There are those who post here who said President Obama's election was evidence of the people, "altering and abolishing" government....

How's that hope and "change" working out for you?

I say "change", because Obama's ways have been tried before.

___

Again... PLEASE. ANYone. Tell me how what is happening is congruent with our Constitution.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

And on the topic of change?

I refuse to believe that there was something 'untoward' happening with this creep Massa, it was reported to Pelosi and her underlings didn't tell her about it.

I saw a soundbite where she defended her staff be saying they were 'just rumors and Washington is a place of rumors...'

I guess it was a rumor that she was going to drain the swamp.

I wonder if she's ever driven and tried to trim her groin at the same time????

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I wonder if she's ever driven and tried to trim her groin at the same time????
    I could do that for her.....that way she needn't talke her hands off the steering wheel.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    I could do that for her.....that way she needn't talke her hands off the steering wheel.
    Please, I would not wish any part of Pelosi on anyone!

--------------------

Please Political Jesus,

Make the headache of Health Care Reform and BO's obsession with it go away.

Please, I would not wish any part of Pelosi on anyone!
    She's that bad huh ???

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    She's that bad huh ???
    The
    Worst
    In
    Town.

Do you remember the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz?

Picture the character as a woman, on a soapbox with a boatload of Botox shot up into her head.
    Fair enough?

The
    Worst
    In
    Town.

Do you remember the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz?

Picture the character as a woman, on a soapbox with a boatload of Botox shot up into her head.
    Fair enough?
    In that case, I think we'd better let kokopup use the shaver.

"I'm Back !!"

Well, they did it. They did it at 10:30pm on Sunday. All the arm twisting, deals, bribes and threats worked I guess.

Remember this day America. And my dear Hannah.... Please forgive us.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. "
    -- Thomas Jefferson

*** ETA BONUS! We get to pay for the lady who wants to be a half ton!!! WOO HOOO!!!!

Hooray for enabling mediocrity!!!

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Remember this day America. And my dear Hannah.... Please forgive us.
    Don't ask her for her forgiveness yet.

We get off the floor and keep fighting. How can you lose when you look into her eyes and say, "I tried."

Beats the hell outta telling here you stayed on the floor.

------------

We still have to 'clean house' and there are some legal challenges that have been tossed about regarding this bill.

I passed up the tube today because I knew all the morons would be gloating and patting themselves on the back.

LOL, I could 'write' in my votes for the next few years.

The letter "D" just ain't gonna cut it.

Yeah, I read it on Yahoo this afternoon.

"I'm Back !!"

:)

Bravo!

Bravo indeed... LOL

So, you are OK with the government having the precedent of being able to FORCE you to buy things?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Oh yeah, one more quick thing....

The last couple of votes were bought with a Executive Order. That order said that there would be no federal funding of abortion.

Wait... So the President can just modify the law of the land, on his own, with no oversight? THERE's a neato precedent.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War