Page 13 of 257 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It was that way years ago here, but you could then, right after you voted, visit another table of election volunteers and change your status back to "unenrolled." Maybe something to check into for next election time for you.
    Thanks, I'll check into that here. The only thing I worry about is that the original list will be sent off without updating.

If we're really lucky, they won't use that format here again.

One other thing, that having to declare your party, and the lists being sent to the 2 major parties - the ACLU sued the state about that. No, they didn't want it to go away; they sued so that every minor party would also get copies. Some days you simply can't win.

I have to giggle about the stupid statements that the "next presidents" are making.

I guess you are as good as your next "story".

I'd remember getting shot at! So, we can get on HRC for that bobble.

BO can claim some kind of ignorance-57 by last count-of the story about his uncle. He wasn't there and six months is a long time to spend in an attic.

Funny, how the story comes out a few days AFTER the polls show BO behind in getting the Jewish voters on his side.

I am expecting the McCain camp to make a statement later on saying that he was the man that the character in Rambo was patterened after.

I know, John Kerry tried it last time.....

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I am expecting the McCain camp to make a statement later on saying that he was the man that the character in Rambo was patterened after.
    LOL! LOL! Oh and don't forget we all wouldn't be here except for Al Gore. Remember, he invented the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    LOL! LOL! Oh and don't forget we all wouldn't be here except for Al Gore. Remember, he invented the internet!

PLEASE, DO NOT HIDE OUTSIDE MY MOM'S HOUSE AND LISTEN TO OUR CONVERSATIONS!

THat's funny, AG and the internet did come up last nght!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 05-30-2008 at 10:04 AM.

O.k.

I THINK I get it now.

After the rev. Wright came out and made his points about how evil the U.S. of K.K.K.A. is, there was an underlying uproar about how different churches/religions are across the U.S. I guess you have different rules of conduct and decorum according to the type of church, who attends and who holds court during services.

I was watching the idiot reverend doing his skit about HRC and her tears when I noticed the shots of the people in the gallery behind him.

I wasn't sure if that was a service in a comedy club or a comedy routine done in a church! Change the circumstances and you'd have a controversy to end all controversies! I thought I was watching the crowd at an athletic event-the high fives, fist pumps, pointing fingers and laughing at this bozo's comments made me wonder.

First of all, BO filed another press release that the statements made by this bonehead are not 'reflective' of his views. Hey stupid! Your place of worship keeps inviting eggheads to speak at YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP and they keep you and your handlers having to spin you back into control. The rev makes an apology about his comments.

BO isn't in control of his campaign, not now, not ever.

When I hear someone make a stupid comment-yes, I listen to myself on occasion- Then I hear them apologize, claim they were taken out of context, claim they misspoke or were victims of 'bad editing', I really lose any interest in hearing them speak again, if at all.

In the long run it's O.K. to associate with radicals, loudmouths and idiots.
    You just take their donations, counsel and votes for now-You'll forget about them later on, just like we will.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

O.k.
    First of all, BO filed another press release that the statements made by this bonehead are not 'reflective' of his views. Hey stupid! Your place of worship keeps inviting eggheads to speak at YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP and they keep :
    I agree Richard. What are the odds that there are only two nut cases spouting off cr@p from that pulpit. Honestly, it did look like a comedy club, albeit not a very funny one.

The rev makes an apology about his comments.
    When an apology begins w/the word "if", the apology is insincere. "If I offended anyone...blah blah blah..." Yes, you have offended someone because they just told you that you did! The proper apology would sound something like "I have offended ________ and for this, I am sorry and do humbly apologize". No if about it. Politicians, especially, "if" w/us enough as it is.
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-30-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well, that priest ( if you can really call him that) offended ME!!! No wonder so many people are turning away from religion!!! Church is a place to go to worship God, not spout hate and make fun of anyone or express your political point of view. I wonder if either the priest or Wright even ever read a Bible!!! They sure don't seem to have the same one I have!!!

That priest seemed to think he was doing stand up comedy ... and very badly too, I might add!!! I'm sure God does not appove of having his house of worship treated like a comedy club!!!!

I would probably have yelled at that priest to shut up, gave him a piece of my mind then left!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I agree w/you; the church is a place to partake of spiritual food, not political ranting. I have no problem w/a spirited sermon. I don't go to church to catch up on my sleep. But to be screamed at and for the priest to spew his venom about Hillary Clinton, or any political subject for that matter, in such a disturbing and hateful way is just unacceptable and shameful. It wasn't the Sermon on the Mount, that's for sure. He said earlier that Jeremiah Wright is one of his best friends and that's evident w/out his ever having said that. They have the same gestures, body stance and delivery. Not exactly salve for the soul.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Guess which one of the candidates made this gaffe?

At a Memorial Day event they looked over the crowd and said something like,
    "I see the fallen heroes in the crowd"?

Yep, that's the correct answer!
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Guess which one of the candidates made this gaffe?

At a Memorial Day event they looked over the crowd and said something like,
    "I see the fallen heroes in the crowd"?

Yep, that's the correct answer!

I hear that speech & know who it was, and that's not an exact quote,
    but it's close.

Did you hear that BO has resigned from the Chicago church with the
    "strange" speakers?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I hear that speech & know who it was, and that's not an exact quote,
    but it's close.

Did you hear that BO has resigned from the Chicago church with the
    "strange" speakers?

I see fallen heroes!

-------

He did some kind of speech in Washington State.

IT was at a park where the local government had a memorial for fallen cops.
    The people who work for BO arranged to have the porta potties right next to the monument. A local cop called the BO campaign to get an apology for it.

The BO camp told him that the heads had to be placed there for security and the handicapped- no apology, just an excuse.

-----------------

The reason he left the church is that it's time to get rid of all dead weight.

The funniest part about the whole fiasco is the reason that he gave.

He wanted to keep the parishoners from getting caught up in the circus and blamed the media!

The 'flock' was just as much to blame for not morons preach that crap.

I started to laugh when he made a statement about putting his kids in a church to pray and go to Sunday school. I guess he must have been unconcious when he attended services and signed the kids up for school.

During his speech yesterday I was looking at the clock and from the 7:15 to the 7:20 time frame he "ummed" 40 times.

I try to listen to every candidate speak, but this guy no tiene gracia para hablar!

He had no grace, no tempo, no style with out a que card or notes.

GWB may mangle the language, but he is fun to listen too and has no problem wearing the jester's hat.

The difference is knowing you are being laughed at and pretending you don't notice.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

13. Aren't you just shocked that McCain refuses to support a bill that would grant military personnel better education benefits???? (Also known as the GI Bill.) He says it is because a study says it would increase people leaving the military by 16%.

He fails to mention the same study says it would increase people going into the military by 16%.

Sounds like a wash to me.

I guess he thinks those in the military should just do what he did....marry a really rich woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Aren't you just shocked that McCain refuses to support a bill that would grant military personnel better education benefits???? (Also known as the GI Bill.) He says it is because a study says it would increase people leaving the military by 16%.

He fails to mention the same study says it would increase people going into the military by 16%.

Sounds like a wash to me.

I guess he thinks those in the military should just do what he did....marry a really rich woman!
    Mccain is getting scarier all the time but luckily I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell Obama's popularity is pretty reassuring.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Poor women marry rich AHs all the time.

Everyman's dream is to marry rich, plus she get free friggin beer too!

I'd rather have a Rich recovering drug addict/drunk as the first lady, rather than the EVIL effing Omarosa Obama.

Um.......ummmmmmmmmm....ahhhhhhhh.....ummmmmmmm... ....ummmmmmm.

-------------

BO has the right people in his corner.

Hugo Chavez, Hamas and some other despot morons from across the planet on his side. I am sure he'll lend them an ear.......or two.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 06-03-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I wanted to get another jab in.