Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Actually?

The country runs far more efficiently when he is out of the country.
    Truth FTW!

-----------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7715016.stm

I tried to find this story on MSNBC's site and got nothing under 'Obama, tan" but got a hit on the AOL website. HMM, is that racism?

Indeed, god will save us from imbeciles!
    He is half white, of course he can tan, saying he cant tan would be racist.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I have to laugh at BO's attempt to get the Olympics in '16.

He supposes that his trip to Olso will somehow sway the IOC. Pretty much the choice already has been made - RDJ, Tokyo and Chicago and Madrid have already given their proposals and having the reps from those countries/cities is really just a photo op for the winners.

Sorry, but showing up the day of the announcement of who gets the games is a just an excuse to "get out of the house and go for a ride".

If Chicago does win the bid, they can be assured of getting bail out money to make that dream come true. It's more money that the city, IOC and government has to pony up for the games and god knows what will happen to the folks living around the proposed sites for new venues that will be built by "private donors" -which you can read as BO's pals and the rest of the people who will look to milk the Games, the money and the people who will get shafted should Chicago win.

Buena Suerte folks, you are gonna need it.

BTW.

Lost Angeles is still spending money on sports programs from the '84 games, thanks to Mitt Romney. El Lay had almost 200 million in revenues after the singing and dancing was over.

3. The Haters on Facebook.... Haters

Hatred breds hatred.

And it leads to things like this.

I suppose some people feel sorry for the Haters...so filled with self-loathing that they must bash anyone who they think should be beneath them and is instead successful.

And I suppose some people think this poll was "protected political speech."

I think this hate is poisoning our society and doing far more damage to this country than any president or congress could do.

BTW.

Lost Angeles is still spending money on sports programs from the '84 games, thanks to Mitt Romney. El Lay had almost 200 million in revenues after the singing and dancing was over.
    Oops,

I meant Peter Ueberroth.....I was smitten by Romney at the 2002 torch run..

My mistake.

5. I sure was curious what Mitt Romney had to do with LA Olympics. He was involved with the Salt Lake City Olympics.

And isn't the meeting in Copenhagen rather than Oslo? Denmark not Norway?

Is there anything else in your posts about this that is not...correct?

So 8 years of hatred, and promoting the death of Bush at protests, online forums, and in the MSM is rational? Im sure the union thugs that beat people up at the townhall meetings were rational responses to people wanting to be heard by their representatives.

9 months of peaceful, respectful, protests, and 1 hater Obama plant on Facebook poll equals irrational hatred?

Somebody needs to tell the POTUS to get off the campaign trail and do his job!

Reagan won the election, carrying 44 states with 489 electoral votes to 49 electoral votes for Carter (representing six states and Washington, D.C.).
    Last edited by blue; 09-30-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

For the race baiters.... Is Disagreeing With Obama Racist?

Former president Jimmy Carter said, "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man." That's from a man who earlier referred to Obama as "This black boy" on the Jim Lehrer "News Hour." New York Times social critic Maureen Dowd said, in reference to Rep. Joe Wilson's shouting "Liar" during Obama's address on health care before the joint session of Congress, "Some people just can't believe a black man is president and will never accept it." Washington Post's Howard Kurtz said he "began to suspect that race was a factor for at least some critics when I heard them shouting about 'the Constitution' and 'taking our country back.'" Kurtz asked whether the massive tea parties and other public protests reflect a "distinct discomfort with the country's first black president." House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charlie Rangel, Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, New York Gov. David Paterson, MSNBC's Chris Matthews, and other leftists claim that racism is behind criticism of President Obama.

For these people, it is inconceivable that many Americans are outraged by the president's spending policies, budget deficits, industry takeovers, not to mention the appointment of Czars, a term that ought to be alien and offensive to American values whether used by a Republican or Democratic president.

Obama's presidency is truly a remarkable commentary on the goodness of Americans and how far we've come in resolving matters of race. Obama convincingly won votes in states with insignificant black populations, such as the New England states, Iowa and Minnesota. For the nation as a whole, he managed 53 percent of the popular vote and 365 of the Electoral College votes when he only needed 270 to win. So now Jimmy Carter, Dowd, Rangel and other race-carders want us to believe that the massive discontent with Obama is racism. I say nonsense!

Speaking for the president, Robert Gibbs, White House spokesman, in no uncertain terms said that the president did not think the criticism directed at him and his policies was based on the color of his skin. President Obama refused to answer a reporter who queried him about Carter's comments. When Obama did respond, and much to his credit, he insisted that the "biggest driver" of the vitriol was distrust of government. His response was not only correct but the nation is better off as a result of it. We don't need the kind of divisiveness that would surely arise if Obama himself played the race card.

Race is no longer the problem that it once was. That doesn't mean there are not white and black bigots and that every vestige of racial discrimination has been eliminated. What little racial discrimination remains is nowhere near the insurmountable barrier it once was. For the most part, white bigots are no longer respected among whites and I look forward to the day when black bigots are no longer respected among blacks.

When one says that race is no longer the problem it once was, it is not the same as saying that there are not major problems that confront a large segment of the black population. Grossly fraudulent education is a major problem but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination as evidenced by the fact that the worse education received is in the very cities where blacks dominate the political structure. Crime is a major problem but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination, particularly in light of the fact that blacks commit most of the violent crime in America and well over 90 percent of their victims are black. The fact of a 70 percent illegitimacy rate and only 35 percent of black children raised in two-parent homes is a major problem but it has nothing to do with racial discrimination.

Americans should disavow and not fall prey to the racial rope-a-dope being played on us by the nation's race hustlers.
    Deliberately quoted without a source or link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I wonder if the three hikers being held in Iran have anything to do with the talks that the U.S. attended?

Seems like we got a pair of 'journalists' back from N Korea by doing a little "talking".

What will we have to give up now?

Plus, I hope we do apologize for having our intrepid citizens violate borders, again.

---------------------------------

Who is going to pay for the trips the Obama's made to Oslo?

A pundit just said that BO spent more time with this trip than he spent with Gen. McChrystal talking about Afghanistan.

Had Chi-town won the Olympic bid I can dare to say "insufferable" would have been a word to add to the political blogs across the country.

It's going to Rio.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 10-02-2009 at 10:39 AM.

I can see Rio de Janeiro from my front porch.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I
    I have no idea who is paying for a trip to Oslo or when they are going but the Chicago Olympic Committee paid for their trip to Copenhagen.

I am sure you need to make some snark about that.

Just read in the Copehagen news that each country in the running had a head of state or government present.

That was Copenhagen, Richard. Oslo is the capital of Norway. Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, the home of the Little Mermaid statue, made famous by Hans Christian Andersen.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    That was Copenhagen, Richard. Oslo is the capital of Norway. Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, the home of the Little Mermaid statue, made famous by Hans Christian Andersen.
    I guess to some people all Scandanavians look alike....

Richard, do you have any thoughts about Meg Whitman who wants to run for Governor of California?

I ask, because I just read this by Susan Estrich.

14. I realize RICHARD is the official "California spokesperson" but I'll answer anyway. I would really, really like to support Meg Whitman. I think her business experience would be very useful in a state that is way too "anti-employer" for my taste.

When we came here I had to take a crash course in California labor law. For example, this is one of only three states that mandates daily overtime. If a non-exempt employee does not take a meal break the company must pay a one hour penalty. Until a recent case, employers were being fined if employees did not take their rest breaks on time. Imagine talking to a sales person or the person wiating on your table who says..."I must go on my break now" and you have to start over with another employee.

But the not voting - not being registered to vote really bothers me. I have a real problem with people who do not vote. Often as not they are the biggest complainers who know exactly how things should be fixed. But they can't be bothered to participate.

Not declared Democratic or Republican - not a big deal. I have never declared for either party. But not even registered to vote until age 46?

That bothers me.

A $1.2 million dollar goose egg for the POTUS in Copenhagen. Now maybe he can meet with McCrystal and start doing his job.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.