Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Come on ES. You are smarter than this. You MUST know the difference between being in a position of authority and giving an order and political opinion speech?

But anyway... No answer to my question? Would you support LAW making opinion pundits somehow legally culpable for actions of their listeners?
    I thought this topic would make for interesting cocktail party conversation. And so I brought it up at a party.

I was asked this question....if people are not responsible for the actions their words incite people to...why is Charles Manson in prison? He did not kill anyone - he incited and encouraged others to do so.

I think most of us would agree that prison is the place Manson belongs - at best. He was not a "person in a position of authority" (of course, neither was Hilter for most of his hideous career. And still people followed his words and engaged in heinous acts.)

So the next question became...if a "pundit" is not responsible for the actions of their listeners by virtue of being a "pundit"...can you call yourself a "pundit" and therefore escape responsibility?

So I remain convinced - people should be responsible for the words they speak as much as for the actions they do.

Doesn't mean they can't speak -- just means they have to be responsible.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Of course, attack the source. There are plenty more than this one.

Regan wanted to LIMIT government, not eliminate it.

Laugh it up. Spin this how you wish.... The man, on tape, speaking from his heart. You have something to counter this? Share it. If all you can do is attack the source...

If the stimulus bills were not Marxist in nature.... If a "progressive" income tax system is not Marxist in nature.... (Only people with income over $250,000...etc...)

Yeah... Laugh it up.
    Thank you...I will continue to laugh it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

I was asked this question....if people are not responsible for the actions their words incite people to...why is Charles Manson in prison? He did not kill anyone - he incited and encouraged others to do so.

I think most of us would agree that prison is the place Manson belongs - at best. He was not a "person in a position of authority" (of course, neither was Hilter for most of his hideous career. And still people followed his words and engaged in heinous acts.)

So the next question became...if a "pundit" is not responsible for the actions of their listeners by virtue of being a "pundit"...can you call yourself a "pundit" and therefore escape responsibility?

So I remain convinced - people should be responsible for the words they speak as much as for the actions they do.

Doesn't mean they can't speak -- just means they have to be responsible.
    So you are comparing Glenn Beck to Charles Manson? Awesome. Make your case and bring it before the DA. I DARE you.

This kind of crap is why people like you never get what they want.

I LOVE it that you think "us" such simpletons.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Thank you...I will continue to laugh it up.
    Awesome. Your lack of an answer says it all.

YOUR man is on record confirming his belief in wealth re-distribution. You "laugh" at me.

Weak as always ES.

I would not offer a real answer if I were you either....
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Anti Americans at home and around the world rejoiced, danced in the streets and laughed at our misery 8 years ago. Granted some, like my brother who believed it was an inside job, grieved with the rest of us.

Is Obama our Nero? Will he and his supporters laugh as we go down in flames?

Link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

A weird dude, at best.

Blue, I am so glad there are not many out there, who think like you do......Your thoughts scare me. Oh my gosh.

Stay up there, in the middle of nowhere, please!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Awesome. Your lack of an answer says it all.

YOUR man is on record confirming his belief in wealth re-distribution. You "laugh" at me.

Weak as always ES.

I would not offer a real answer if I were you either....
    How does one answer irrational statements?

Barak Obama is my president as I am a citizen of the United States of America. He is your president as well. You think he is a marxist because he talks about redistribution of weath. I did not hear him advocate it.

But then - that is what people like you do. If you repeat things enough some people will begin to believe. I see no evidence of "marxist" so how can I refute something that isn't there.

Insult me all you want PS...after all - it is what you do best! And far easier than...say thinking...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

I LOVE it that you think "us" such simpletons.
    Glad I make you happy.

What was I thinking - you might want to stretch your mind. So sorry!

You continue to channel Sean Hannity - seems to be the best you can do. Show me where I suggested Glenn Beck and Charles Manson were the same? Or that Glenn Beck has committed a crime.

I am talking about personal responsiblity. And people accepting responsibility.

Obviously you do not believe that people should be responsible for what they say and do.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Blue, I am so glad there are not many out there, who think like you do......Your thoughts scare me. Oh my gosh.

Stay up there, in the middle of nowhere, please!
    My tinfoil hat isnt as large or as thick as the majority of the TFHC. Im very mild in my thinking,

There are plenty of folks in your state that are waiting to confront the current adminstration.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Hey,

If you don't know the words, just hum along!!!!!

Mmm, mmmm, mmmmmm

Barack Hussein Obama.

He'll ignore the problems with Iran,
    and may send troops to Afghanistan!

Mmm, mmm mmmmmmm!

Barack Hussein Obama.

Iran shoots off a pair of tactical missles
    While his foreign policy continues to fizzle!

Mmm, mmm mmmmmmm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Don't question his policy, or request health care stasis
    You'll find yourself regarded as racist!!!!

Mmm, mmm mmmmmmm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Who writes songs for kids?, it's a great pity.
    The song is bland, lyrics are TERRIBLE!

Mmm, mmm mmmmmmm!

A declaration of independents

From Politico -

Independent candidates are poised to run serious campaigns for governor in at least a half-dozen states, a development that threatens Democratic fortunes in some of the bluest and most progressive-minded states in the nation.

In New Jersey, where Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine is seeking a second term in November, polls suggest an independent candidate is carving a sizable portion of voters out of his hide.

In two other reliably Democratic states, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, well-known politicians running as independents could significantly undermine Democratic chances in 2010, if not flat-out win. Credible third-party candidates are also mulling over bids in a handful of other states that have open seat governor’s races next year — including Minnesota and Maine, both of which have a recent history of electing third-party governors.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Again,

Any chance of us driving a few cruise missles up A-Mad's little Hitler, rear end?

Heh heh heh. Ignorant little monkey.
    Monkey? Nice.

And you ask me to justify my remarks.

Really.....

So every lefty, sorry moderate, including my father, stepmom, and brother, who laughed at and passed on these images of Bush....

Are all racist.

Anybody else find it funny that a white person is implying that a Hispanic is racist?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Anybody else find it funny that a white person is implying that a Hispanic is racist?
    When did THIS happen?

That is not nice, not nice at all.

15. Fixed News seems to think that hispanics (and blacks) can be racists...
    Fox News

But then again...is that the channel that Glenn Beck is on...the guy who calls Obama a racist?