Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Hate is a pretty strong word, don't you think? I didn't even see strong dislike in her post.
    Yeah, hate is the wrong word. But the "LOL" was at the end for a reason.

Let me say this though and FWIW... I find it interesting that things are taken in seemingly different contexts based upon who says it. Its not right or wrong mind you, just interesting.

Its all good, ya know?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

2. Heard on the radio this morning...the guy Wilson very narrowly beat in the last election has had campaign contributions pouring in since Wilson pitiful performance last night. UPDATE - more than $200,000 since last night.

Good to know there are some people in South Carolina who still understand civilized behavior!

I was ten minutes late yesterday for a lunch meeting. Ran into road construction. I do not like to be late...I do what I can to not be late. But it happens.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 09-10-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

3. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I have to laugh, A Cuh Lee Fuh Nee Ah (I have changed the spelling or the Great, Late, State of CA) THe Governator was up the street dealing with the fires and FF camp in the local park.....It's CUH not CAH, my apologis to all that care.) politician was caugh on tape talking about his sexcapades.

THis leads me to believe that only Republicans have carnal knowledge.

The Dems get bent out of shape when they hear about S-X and none of them have had to resign because of S-X? So, what does that tell us?
    well, well well. Guess who this guy is blaming...

If you need a translation of the above. A state politician was recorded telling in detail of the sex he had with a couple of female lobbyist. And I do mean details. All married of course if that matters.

He resigned.

But...not because he had sex with a couple of lobbyist. Not because he was taped recorded describing salacious details of his sex life.

Because you see...he didn't really have sex with them. He was just enjoying some story telling.

And his story telling had become a distraction.

And whose fault is all of this according to the story telling politician????

The Media of course!

The fallback of the failed...blame it on the media ...or the MSM if you are a code speaking failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    well, well well. Guess who this guy is blaming...

If you need a translation of the above. A state politician was recorded telling in detail of the sex he had with a couple of female lobbyist. And I do mean details. All married of course if that matters.

He resigned.

But...not because he had sex with a couple of lobbyist. Not because he was taped recorded describing salacious details of his sex life.

Because you see...he didn't really have sex with them. He was just enjoying some story telling.

And his story telling had become a distraction.

And whose fault is all of this according to the story telling politician????

The Media of course!

The fallback of the failed...blame it on the media ...or the MSM if you are a code speaking failure!
    It was all talk - no action?? I just heard about this on a sports radio show this morning. The host was nothing short of disgusted with Duvall, because he admitted to s-e-x with women - note the plural.

In one article, he is described as a married family-values crusader. Just what the GOP needs - another philandering politician.

So it was just another blow-hard, wanting to be perceived as a hottie

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It was all talk - no action?? I just heard about this on a sports radio show this morning. The host was nothing short of disgusted with Duvall, because he admitted to s-e-x with women - note the plural.

In one article, he is described as a married family-values crusader. Just what the GOP needs - another philandering politician.

Yeah...he was just fantisizing...into an open mic...about women with whom he worked. That just about as sick as having sex with someone not your wife - heck, having sex with ANYONE and telling people all the details.

Please. How stupid does he think people are???

But he is an "champion of family values...."

And it is all the fault of the media!

Don't make me spank you!

Grace,

Come on, let's look at it from the other standpoint.

I find his picking up women on the way home kinda suspicious.

You need permission to spank anyone now a days.

Let's put the blame squarely where it must but laid (what pun?)....

Corporal punishment laws!!

------------------

I love the shock and awe of people getting caught living outside the boundaries of Holy Matrimony.

So, the next time you are out with a SO and happen to see a hottie you'd like to get a DNA sampler from- Damn, this science stuff follows me from thread to thread- stop, run away, take some bleach and use it on your eyes, then drive a screwdriver in your temples.

And quit posting about 'eye candy' while you are at it.

We can't do anything about Global Warming, but you think someone could control Groin-al Warming, the real cause of disharmony on the planet.

He's a Republican and he didn't go to another country to have his flings.

SHOP AMERICAN!

I forgive him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

I won't let my 4 or 8 year old children behave in that manner.

For a supposed adult to act like that in a joint session of congress is beyond the pale.
    Which reinforces what I have thought all along.

Kids could run this country better than the puffoons (Sir, are you calling me a puffoon?) in office now.

I remember somewhere back in a thread we were talking about tossing a whole boatload of kids into a playground and watching them figure things out.

There's a great deal to be learned there.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Which reinforces what I have thought all along.

Kids could run this country better than the puffoons (Sir, are you calling me a puffoon?) in office now.

I remember somewhere back in a thread we were talking about tossing a whole boatload of kids into a playground and watching them figure things out.

There's a great deal to be learned there.
    Really!

Think kids are great do you?

Great deal to be learned from them?

What a difference a day makes!

"You can be anything you want!" read a malicious little turd that can grow up to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

He's a Republican and he didn't go to another country to have his flings.

SHOP AMERICAN!

I forgive him.
    Oh Richard, I know I shouldn't encourage you, but this just made me

And, thankfully, I did not have anything in my mouth

Oh Richard, I know I shouldn't encourage you, but this just made me

And, thankfully, I did not have anything in my mouth
    I am stopping right there.

I will say that morning sports radio is not a good place to gather your political views.

I used to listen to ESPN free radio on the way into work and loved Dan Patrick, He was cynical, funny and very dry. Too bad he left the station.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I will say that morning sports radio is not a good place to gather your political views.

I used to listen to ESPN free radio on the way into work and loved Dan Patrick, He was cynical, funny and very dry. Too bad he left the station.
    I listen to ESPN radio. Colin Cowherd is on from 10am - 2pm. We enjoy him.

I read that Wilson's son (Alan) had announced his intention to run for SC, AJ
    before his father's tantrum last night. Now folks are wondering if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He sure didn't do his son any favors.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ive seen and heard alot of support for Mr Wilson today, online and while driving around today. The MSM isnt going to put anything positive about him on the air, if it had been Bush speaking, we would have had a glowing biography about Mr Wilson today.

As I see it somebody had to say it. If Mr Wilson had held his tongue, and waited to hold a press conference, nobody would have even cared and the press would have buried it if they even covered it.

As for the POTUS being 10 minutes late. Werent we promised a streamlined .gov? IIRC the movements of the POTUS are typically well planned out and schedualed to the minute. I missed his speech to the nations students but I am assuming he was on time for that? The grandstanding last night, or any night regardless of who it is, was abhorrent. THey work for us and at our leisure.

I know there are those who will swing from Obama's jangly bits no matter what he says or does, but how much did that 10 minute delay or the 10 minutes before 2000 when I tuned into the online stream cost us taxpayers? That was about the cleanest and fastest live streaming video I have seen.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Jessica Santillo of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee says the money has come in from 5,000 individual contributions.
    Make it at least 5,001. My check is in the mail!

And ..on behalf of the State of California...I would like to apologize for the disgraceful Mr. Duvall!

How much did the 10 minutes cost us?

Not a sous.

How could it have cost anything? The airtime is at the discretion of the networks, it's not paid for by the government.

Every representative in the chamber is on salary.