Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I stand corrected. Feel better now?
    Sure, if you do.

The more I think about it....not really. I will when you "correct" others in the same manner you do me.....
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 09-05-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I stand corrected. Feel better now?
    You can stand corrected then sit unmolested.

I try not to engage people in battles that go back and forth...Especially when they are 100% right all the time. It kinda effs up my idea that I am perfect.

I haven't seen Miss Manners on the site, but I really think that we might aspire to be as polite and cultured as she is?

----------------------

Now, that we have done that.....

About the name calling?

I am not the person that has the best manners or couth on this site, but I do reserve the right to call MY politicians morons, idiots or jerks.

I am sure that the politicians that everyone else elected are model citizens and beacons of Liberty, Truth and the American way....Son of a Gun, I think I just messed myself while I typed that......

I stopped trying to defend my 'party' and the scumbags that pretend to look after my best interests-all while the glad hand me one way and pick my pocket with the other hand.

It's really embarrassing to go with the person you have maximum faith in, only to find out that he's got a cigar and intern fetish.

I liked the Clintons and really thought, at that time, spending a little 'free' time putting an 'idea' into the head of an intern was no one's business except bill, hillary and monica's.

Then I began to see that if I pulled something off like that, I wouldn't get any slack or second chance.

The it hit me.

What kind of AH would invite a little hottie into the Oval Office and make a mess of the whole encounter-I am being deliberately 'cute' with my descriptions, so read into them what you will?

I had a wonderful 'conversation' with a Liberal idiot and brought up the fact that Slick Willie had offended me by getting serviced in the OO and then had the nutz to lie about it.

My tax dollars paid for it? (and YES, I would have liked a job with bennies like that, I will not lie.)

This guy walked around the corner to his desk and after a few tense moments yells, "YOU AH....."

I didn't say anything after that-a few moments later I hear- "I didn't call you an AH, I was talking to the computer." come from the corner.

I really didn't care who he called an AH, but right then I learned how liberals think, act and behave.

So, if I give you short shrift and laugh at a post, idea or name you toss my way? Do not feel offended, do not take it personally either.

I just have no respect for you or your group of cowardly "lyins", It's very hard to get close to the rudeness that passes for you being true to your school.

The saddest part of political arguements is the thought that we try to get a point across to each other and most of the time people do not even have to 'manners' to answer in a non combative way.

----------------------------

I admire some of the people on this site and thread because they are WAY deeper into the what the Constitution, BOR and all the laws and impending bills mean and how they will affect the country. That is really effing cool.

I wish I had spent more time on those subjects as opposed to biology and anatomy-I was more interested what parts women had under their clothes

Please do not take any offense at the names I call politicians, I only have patience with the ones I voted for, The idiots you elected are the problems you and I have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Sure, if you do.

The more I think about it....not really.
    So be it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    You can stand corrected then sit unmolested.

I try not to engage people in battles that go back and forth...Especially when they are 100% right all the time. It kinda effs up my idea that I am perfect.

I haven't seen Miss Manners on the site, but I really think that we might aspire to be as polite and cultured as she is?

----------------------

Now, that we have done that.....

About the name calling?

I am not the person that has the best manners or couth on this site, but I do reserve the right to call MY politicians morons, idiots or jerks.

I am sure that the politicians that everyone else elected are model citizens and beacons of Liberty, Truth and the American way....Son of a Gun, I think I just messed myself while I typed that......

I stopped trying to defend my 'party' and the scumbags that pretend to look after my best interests-all while the glad hand me one way and pick my pocket with the other hand.

It's really embarrassing to go with the person you have maximum faith in, only to find out that he's got a cigar and intern fetish.

I liked the Clintons and really thought, at that time, spending a little 'free' time putting an 'idea' into the head of an intern was no one's business except bill, hillary and monica's.

Then I began to see that if I pulled something off like that, I wouldn't get any slack or second chance.

The it hit me.

What kind of AH would invite a little hottie into the Oval Office and make a mess of the whole encounter-I am being deliberately 'cute' with my descriptions, so read into them what you will?

I had a wonderful 'conversation' with a Liberal idiot and brought up the fact that Slick Willie had offended me by getting serviced in the OO and then had the nutz to lie about it.

My tax dollars paid for it? (and YES, I would have liked a job with bennies like that, I will not lie.)

This guy walked around the corner to his desk and after a few tense moments yells, "YOU AH....."

I didn't say anything after that-a few moments later I hear- "I didn't call you an AH, I was talking to the computer." come from the corner.

I really didn't care who he called an AH, but right then I learned how liberals think, act and behave.

So, if I give you short shrift and laugh at a post, idea or name you toss my way? Do not feel offended, do not take it personally either.

I just have no respect for you or your group of cowardly "lyins", It's very hard to get close to the rudeness that passes for you being true to your school.

The saddest part of political arguements is the thought that we try to get a point across to each other and most of the time people do not even have to 'manners' to answer in a non combative way.

----------------------------

I admire some of the people on this site and thread because they are WAY deeper into the what the Constitution, BOR and all the laws and impending bills mean and how they will affect the country. That is really effing cool.

I wish I had spent more time on those subjects as opposed to biology and anatomy-I was more interested what parts women had under their clothes

Please do not take any offense at the names I call politicians, I only have patience with the ones I voted for, The idiots you elected are the problems you and I have to deal with.
    It isn't the name calling of politicians that I object to as much as I object to people on PT and those who disagree w/them and/or politicians that get called fools, morons, etc. We can disagree w/out being villified, can't we? This constant back and forth picking at each other's grammar, spelling, etc. is childish and tedious and it makes visiting the DH an unpleasant experience when it could be one of mutual learning and an exchange of ideas.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    It isn't the name calling of politicians that I object to as much as I object to people on PT and those who disagree w/them and/or politicians that get called fools, morons, etc.
    Agreed.

6. I know what I am. Opinionated, outspoken, lean liberal...sometimes obnoxious.

I don't pretend to be something I am not.

What I object to...is people who think it is okay for them to spout off and then act all offended when others do it. You know...live in glass houses?

And yes...I am talking to you.

I deleted the sewing machine thread becauses of your "villifying"...
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 09-05-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You know...live in glass houses?
    And the pot that calls the kettle black, and all the other quaint little sayings that have been around forever...........

So where is this thread going and what purpose does it serve anymore? All I see happening, is barbs being tossed, people getting pissed off, some valued members leaving the forum - and for what????

Frankly, and for what my opinion is worth, I would like to see political "debates and discussions", banned from PT. It seems no matter how civil these threads start out to be, they just go down the drain in no time at all. It's a shame that as adults, we can't set a better example for the younger members - and non members also - who are free to read all the mean-spirited things that transpire here. Quite the message that is going out for all the world to see, isn't it?

Last night before I logged off, I emailed a friend, and said I had my fill of PT nonsense for the day, and I was going to watch something soothing and relaxing on t.v. - like wild animals tearing each other apart on Animal Planet. It seems yesterday (and today) have been extra vicious here - those Animal Planet shows seem calm in comparision.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I know what I am. Opinionated, outspoken, lean liberal...sometimes obnoxious.

I don't pretend to be something I am not.

What I object to...is people who think it is okay for them to spout off and then act all offended when others do it. You know...live in glass houses?
    Couldn't agree more.

Someone appreciates your posts, Sara.

Frankly, and for what my opinion is worth, I would like to see political "debates and discussions", banned from PT. It seems no matter how civil these threads start out to be, they just go down the drain in no time at all. It's a shame that as adults, we can't set a better example for the younger members
    LOL, speaking as a younger member, it seems I must have been affected by threads like these, and look what's become of me.

Where there's politics, there's arguement. It's no surprise. Sometimes I take parts of this thread with a pinch of salt, but I do appreciate it's existence for the purpose of comparing different political systems, and I would be quite disappointed if threads like this were to become banned. Allow a young lady her cultural delights.

Zimbabwe 07/13

In another attempt to drag this thread back on course.

Obama's 'green jobs' adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy over past statements

By WILL LESTER
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's adviser Van Jones has resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements, the White House said early Sunday.

Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the 2001 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.

The resignation comes as Obama is working to regain his footing in the contentious health care debate.

Jones issued an apology on Thursday for his past statements. When asked the next day whether Obama still had confidence in him, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said only that Jones "continues to work in the administration."

The matter surfaced after news reports of a derogatory comment Jones made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones' name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That 2004 petition had asked for congressional hearings and other investigations into whether high-level government officials had allowed the attacks to occur.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."

Jones said he has been "inundated with calls from across the political spectrum urging me to stay and fight."

But he said he cannot in good conscience ask his colleagues to spend time and energy defending or explaining his past.

Jones flatly said in an earlier statement that he did not agree with the petition's stand on the 9/11 attacks and that "it certainly does not reflect my views, now or ever."

As for his other comments he made before joining Obama's team, Jones said, "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

Despite his apologies, Republicans demanded Jones quit.

Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana said in a statement, "His extremist views and coarse rhetoric have no place in this administration or the public debate." Missouri Sen. Christopher Bonds said Congress should investigate Jones's fitness the job.

Fox News Channel host Glenn Beck repeatedly denounced Jones after a group the adviser co-founded, ColorofChange.org, led an advertising boycott against Beck's show to protest his claim that Obama is a racist.

James Rucker, the organization's executive director, has said Jones had nothing to do with ColorofChange.org now and didn't even know about the campaign before it started.

Jones, well-known in the environmental movement, was a civil-rights activist in California before shifting his attention to environmental and energy issues. He is known for laying out a broad vision of a green economy.

Nancy Sutley chair of the council, said in a statement released early Sunday that she accepts Jones resignation and thanked him for his service.

"Over the last six months, he had been a strong voice for creating jobs that improve energy efficiency and utilize renewable resources," she said. "We appreciate his hard work and wish him the best moving forward."
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Check out what the rev "right" said about HC reform....paraphrased here....

The right wing racists are unhappy that the poor people are getting help.

What a miserable POS.

RICHARD, check out Pastor Manning on youtube.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    RICHARD, check out Pastor Manning on youtube.
    My head will explode.

I'll check it out.

---------------------------

I have to laugh, A Cuh Lee Fuh Nee Ah (I have changed the spelling or the Great, Late, State of CA) THe Governator was up the street dealing with the fires and FF camp in the local park.....It's CUH not CAH, my apologis to all that care.) politician was caugh on tape talking about his sexcapades.

THis leads me to believe that only Republicans have carnal knowledge.

The Dems get bent out of shape when they hear about S-X and none of them have had to resign because of S-X? So, what does that tell us?

Take a day off and have fun with your SO. It may brighten your day and actually make you care about things.

A quote from back in July –
    How is The President appointing all these "Czars", Constitutional?
    It’s interesting when you know the real title of some of these so-called czars – and when the positions were originally created.

Energy Czar – Director of Federal Energy Adminstration.
    Created in 1973 by President Nixon.
    When he approached William Simon about the position, Nixon asked him – “Do you want to be my energy czar?”

Drug Czar – Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
    Created in 1989 by President George H.W. Bush

Intelligence Czar – Director of National Intelligence
    Created in 2005 by President George W. Bush

Aids Czar – Director of the Office of National Aids Policy
    Created by President Clinton

Border Czar – Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Special Representative for Border Affairs (Department of Homeland Security)
    Created by President George W. Bush

Science Czar – Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology.
    Created in 1976 by President Ford

Regulatory Czar – Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
    Created in 1980 by President Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    A quote from back in July –

It’s interesting when you know the real title of some of these so-called czars – and when the positions were originally created.

Energy Czar – Director of Federal Energy Adminstration.
    Created in 1973 by President Nixon.
    When he approached William Simon about the position, Nixon asked him – “Do you want to be my energy czar?”

Drug Czar – Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
    Created in 1989 by President George H.W. Bush

Intelligence Czar – Director of National Intelligence
    Created in 2005 by President George W. Bush

Aids Czar – Director of the Office of National Aids Policy
    Created by President Clinton

Border Czar – Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Special Representative for Border Affairs (Department of Homeland Security)
    Created by President George W. Bush

Science Czar – Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology.
    Created in 1976 by President Ford

Regulatory Czar – Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
    Created in 1980 by President Reagan
    Oh I know... This President is just taking it to a new level. The latest in a line of "leaders" who do not uphold the oath they take.

From Article 2, Section 2. "...and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law:"
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Heard this last night.

Is BO eligible for a Clash for Clunkers rebate?

He got rid of his "Van"....

--------------

23 more czars to go!

-----------

here we go!
    the prez speaks.