Thread: Politics and religion.

Glenn Beck, henceforth known as, Glenn" I Have A Scheme" Beck will
    have satisfied his need for attention for awhile. Can't wait to see what he
    comes up with next.LOL
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    I knew these two would finally get together.

Wooo, love the shoes. Both pair.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Glenn Beck, henceforth known as, Glenn" I Have A Scheme" Beck will
    have satisfied his need for attention for awhile. Can't wait to see what he
    comes up with next.LOL

I really feel sorry for you Liz. It has to be tough to be such a cynic all the time.

But also, thank you. Thank you for showing us, again, that you have no real intrest in knowing what today was all about. But why bother actually watching or listening, eh? Keith and MSNBC 'tells' you all you need to 'know', right?

Fight the tide all you want... But America is awake. Thank God for Barack Obama.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    wooo, love the shoes. Both pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizlovesshoes!!!
    oh shoes!!!!
    :d
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    But why bother actually watching or listening, eh?
    Was it even on any station? I went looking a couple of times, for either of the events, and could find nothing other than a few, short clips. Worthless for getting any sort of feel for either of them.

Oh well, I got lots of stuff done around here instead of being parked in front of the TV having my head spun in circles by Beck or Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Was it even on any station? I went looking a couple of times, for either of the events, and could find nothing other than a few, short clips. Worthless for getting any sort of feel for either of them.

Oh well, I got lots of stuff done around here instead of being parked in front of the TV having my head spun in circles by Beck or Sharpton

Don't think it was on TV, was it? Didn't see it, didn't look for it. Why bother
    when I can just imagine the guy and get a headache. He's a trainwreck.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Since Im always willing to learn new stuff....

What are good left leaning talk radio shows, what are good left leaning TV shows, I can already find the left leaning press on my own so hit me with what yall listen/watch.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Since Im always willing to learn new stuff....

What are good left leaning talk radio shows, what are good left leaning TV shows, I can already find the left leaning press on my own so hit me with what yall listen/watch.
    I rarely listen to anything on the radio except classical music and the Tigers games. TV - I watch Rachel Maddow, but not every night. There are priorities in my life - like baseball and hockey.

I like Rachel because she doesn't scream, screech, interrupt, or talk over her guests. She has a preponderance of like minded guests, but is not afraid to have the opposite viewpoint represented. And she is always polite to her guests.

I don't always agree with her, but I enjoy her shows. She's been to Iraq twice during the summer, walking around in the heat with Richard Engle. This week she's in New Orleans.

It was broadcast live on C-Span.

The only people who can "spin your head in circles" are the people who you ALLOW to do so. Allowing a person to give you a headache by simply 'imagining' him... LOL How absurd to let any person do such a thing to you, especially when you have no REAL idea who they even are and clearly have no desire to understand them.

Ya know? For people who claim to be so open-minded and accepting of ALL people.... You do not make much of an effort to understand the people with whom your idols tell you to disagree with. But then again, that takes effort... So much easier to call people names.

Carry on! We don't really need you to make sure our posterity has a future worth looking forward to. Because the light always pushes the darkness aside.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    It was broadcast live on C-Span.

The only people who can "spin your head in circles" are the people who you ALLOW to do so. Allowing a person to give you a headache by simply 'imagining' him... LOL How absurd to let any person do such a thing to you, especially when you have no REAL idea who they even are and clearly have no desire to understand them.

Ya know? For people who claim to be so open-minded and accepting of ALL people.... You do not make much of an effort to understand the people with whom your idols tell you to disagree with. But then again, that takes effort... So much easier to call people names.

Carry on! We don't really need you to make sure our posterity has a future worth looking forward to. Because the light always pushes the darkness aside.
    Are you speaking to me, Puck?

Remember when I said this - post #2473 -
    You know, on a couple of occasions I have turned on Glenn Beck's mid-day radio show. I had to stop doing it.

He made no sense to me - within a few minutes my head would be spinning as he bounced from one nutty idea (at least that's how they seemed to me) to another. I don't understand where he is coming from, or where he is going.

I don't listen to, or watch, Keith Olbermann either. I'm more comfortable with hosts who don't scream and shout; hosts who don't repeatedly interrupt a guest.
    Then you responded with this, post #2475 -

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    You know, on a couple of occasions I have turned on Glenn Beck's mid-day radio show. I had to stop doing it.

He made no sense to me - within a few minutes my head would be spinning as he bounced from one nutty idea (at least that's how they seemed to me) to another. I don't understand where he is coming from, or where he is going.

I don't listen to, or watch, Keith Olbermann either. I'm more comfortable with hosts who don't scream and shout; hosts who don't repeatedly interrupt a guest.

Must be my age
    He has RAGING ADD. LOL He admits as much. Maybe that is why I find it 'easy' to follow him.

The more you listen, the more you understand him.

But, I totally understand the sentiment of him being hard to follow sometimes. It has nothing to do with age.
    Boy, I sure did misunderstand you. First you claim to understand where I am coming from - now you insult me.

. All this talk of Obama makes me SICK!!! I am NOT his biggest fan. He is just horrible! Religion? Of course. I am a christian baptist. No offence to Richard here, but I would just find a new church instead of sittin around DRINKING and watching tv. No offence, just what I believe. I don't believe in drinking, and if you want to drink, it's fine, i will still be your friend, it does not matter. Some people believe in drinking and some dont. Obama is just messing America up... totally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Are you speaking to me, Puck?
    Only in the first paragraph and then not just you.

Remember when I said this - post #2473 -

Then you responded with this, post #2475 -

Boy, I sure did misunderstand you. First you claim to understand where I am coming from - now you insult me.
    I misunderstood what you meant by the term "spinning heads in a circle" when you used it the second time. I took it to mean that you found the message disagreeable, rather than difficult to follow due to his delivery style.

If you were insulted by what I said, I apologize. The post was written more for 'someone else'.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I loved the hemming and hawing of Al and Jesse.

If they were so interested in equality and justice?

EVERY YEAR they would get a permit for the steps and have some kind of rally.

Eff the both of them, they are nothing but opportunists and fame 'hors'.

Please,
    They do not speak for me as a man, 'minority' or whoever else they want to align themselves with.

They push the 'minority' agenda-it's convenient to call us that because it shed a light on us that makes us seem like we are still second class citizens.

This home squeeze don't play that game....I don't think that I am any less than the next guy or gal.

-------------

I also saw my president say that Katrina was a man made disaster.

Well, we'll see in five years what a PRESIDENTIAL MADE disaster the health care initiative is. I really can hardly wait for BO to take his place in the annals of history as the ------------ president ever.

I laugh every time I see BO does the head tilt/head shake/chin out movements everytime he thinks he is being noble and 'kingly'.

The emperor has no clothes on...

Just thought I'd toss that in.

Man made disaster...that's right, It's ALLL GWB's fault. Five years later...we will never move on as long as the buffons writing his speeches think that way.

Why, hell, I want to blame George Washington for everything.

I was watching REDEYE on the FNC /aug31st show/ and the opened with the Glen Beck rally story.

They quoted 6-7 news sources, one of them was the El Lay times, and each of them, in on form or another noted that the crowd was predominately/mostly/largely white.

So WTF did that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Sometimes I think that instead of race relations getting better? We just slide back down the ladder.

--------------

Yesterday, Matt Taibbi got his arse handed to him by a woman on while they spoke about the same topic on a news program, I want to say that it was Anderson Cooper's program? It was CNN.

Taibbi is a really fun to watch, he's one of the 'new hip' electrojournalists that came from Rolling Stone magazine. He writes these opinion pieces that read more like slanted BS than real opinion tomes.

MT made a comment about there being only white people in attendance and the gal asked him how he knew that was a fact....

He saw it on TV.

That is the kind of spin that the "mainstream" media puts on shiat like the GB rally.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopOpinion

This piece is critical of Mr. Beck. But see what is said about the people.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War