Thread: Politics and religion.

Government computers are only allowed to run certain applications.

Anything from GSA can be relied on as being vetted, hence the apps store.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Government computers are only allowed to run certain applications.

Anything from GSA can be relied on as being vetted, hence the apps store.
    So you would feel comfortable uploading your hard drive to the .gov?

I dont want any .gov app anywear near my computers.

Yeah Im a bit tinfoil hattish tonight.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

If you read the disclaimers you'll see that the site is intended for government agency use only. Multiple agencies have their own intrawebs, the GSA site is on the internet so any agency can use it.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

If it is for government use only why is it on the WWW? and not a .gov intranet?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Again, many agencies have their own intranets.

It's on the internet so any agency can access and use the GSA sites, rather than have a limited access .gov intranet, which would create major headaches for IT.

So why would anyone want a .GOV app?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    So why would anyone want a .GOV app?
    Again..........

it's not a .gov app.

It's a software site run by the General Services Administration to provide pre-vetted software to run in government networks and platforms.

An IT person can go to the GSA site, find the app they need, buy it through their department's purchase system and run it.

You cannot go out to pcmall and buy an off the shelf app and run it on a government system without vetting the app.

Again..........

it's not a .gov app.

It's a software site run by the General Services Administration to provide pre-vetted software to run in government networks and platforms.

An IT person can go to the GSA site, find the app they need, buy it through their department's purchase system and run it.

You cannot go out to pcmall and buy an off the shelf app and run it on a government system without vetting the app.
    Its Mr President selling APPS.GOV with his Mac book. Its a service sold by the GSA. My tinfoil hat may be a bit tight tonight screw the .gov as a general rule. You may trust them but <tinfoil Hat>I Dont</tinfoil hat>
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Again, and for the final time, it's not a public purchase site, it's for government agencies to purchase from.

To quote the disclaimer: (bold emphasis mine)

Before using/purchasing the products and services on apps.gov, please do so in accordance with your agency's policies and procedures pertaining to Procurement, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Privacy, Accessibility, Social Media, and any other applicable Federal mandates.

I knew it!!

A Drinking Contest wins the PM of Aussie Land!!! No wonder yall keep the Ruskies out.

Do yall use the Wet TShirt contest for more then the local government postings?
    Ol Julia might be good with a few drinks in her. I wouldn't mind getting her tanked up just to see what I'd get for nothin from her. (Mind you, she hasn't anything I'd pay for )

Again, and for the final time, it's not a public purchase site, it's for government agencies to purchase from.

To quote the disclaimer: (bold emphasis mine)

Before using/purchasing the products and services on apps.gov, please do so in accordance with your agency's policies and procedures pertaining to Procurement, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Privacy, Accessibility, Social Media, and any other applicable Federal mandates.
    So now .gov is trying to be like the Apple App Store. If thats the case we may as well start voting from the rooftops. The POTUS cant even use a PC, as evidenced by his health care PSA, he needed a Mac and a teleprompter. He doesnt even respect his office or us.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Ol Julia might be good with a few drinks in her. I wouldn't mind getting her tanked up just to see what I'd get for nothin from her. (Mind you, she hasn't anything I'd pay for )
    Julia? Pics?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Julia? Pics?
    Julia.....a typical lawyer....head like a biscuit tin.

Blog Entries
    But I bet has brains like Enstein.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Julia.....a typical lawyer....head like a biscuit tin.

Don't know anything about her politics, but all her brains appear to fit
    nicely in that pretty head.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt