Thread: Politics and religion.

Blog Entries
    Next year I will be able to collect my social security & I am currently working part time being paid & volunterring hours to help the non profit place I work for keep their doors open. I work for mimimum wage when I do get paid. I also work with 3 young teenagers who drive cars & have cell phones & dress nicely. They don't clean toilets, sit on their asses complain over who's turn it is to give the next tour. Just damn down right lazy along with the rest of the children in the USA. They have it all & seem to want more. You know what I think you should all do is get off your fat lazy asses get out there find a job & work. You want it all then earn it.

As far as social security I earned it damn it. Whatever I spend will go back into my community. Lets have some of those Federal & State employees take a pay cut! The fat cats in Washington keep giving themselves raisies while the rest of us are suppose to suck it up. Locally our county attornery along with a bunch of county employees wanted raises while in the mean time our county roads are going to hell.

Another thing this country would not be in the hole if people paid their debts. Living beyond ones means can cause that.

I think we should clean up our own mess here in the good old USA first. As far as the Muslims go. They come here to work or live, plan on changing your life style or don't come here. Womens rights & the freedoms we have here don't exist in Muslim countries never have & never will. It a part of their so called culture. Men rule & women are just there to use & abuse.

As far as the war goes there is oil, minerals, things our greedy country can use. It is not just about terrorists their is more to it then that.

The problems in the USA come from within. It is all about greed & power & it sucking us all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Next year I will be able to collect my social security & I am currently working part time being paid & volunterring hours to help the non profit place I work for keep their doors open. I work for mimimum wage when I do get paid. I also work with 3 young teenagers who drive cars & have cell phones & dress nicely. They don't clean toilets, sit on their asses complain over who's turn it is to give the next tour. Just damn down right lazy along with the rest of the children in the USA. They have it all & seem to want more. You know what I think you should all do is get off your fat lazy asses get out there find a job & work. You want it all then earn it.
    You paint with a brush which is overly broad. I know younger people in jobs who work their butts off.

As far as social security I earned it damn it. Whatever I spend will go back into my community. Lets have some of those Federal & State employees take a pay cut!

You don't think I earn my pay? I beg to differ.

The fat cats in Washington keep giving themselves raisies while the rest of us are suppose to suck it up. Locally our county attornery along with a bunch of county employees wanted raises while in the mean time our county roads are going to hell.
    So vote their collective behinds out of office and give them a permanent vacation. I tire of hearing these gripes and seeing polls with 14% approval for congress, yet the incumbent re-election rate is over 90%.

They can't be too bad if you keep sending them back to Congress and their other elected jobs.

Another thing this country would not be in the hole if people paid their debts. Living beyond ones means can cause that.
    How about having Congress loan money only to people who can afford to pay it back, and not punish banks with fines for good business practices in lending? Congress writes the rules the banks play by. Congress mandated that banks accept a certain % of sub prime loans. I know people with jobs in the $30-40K/year brakcet who were approved for over $250K in home loans. They didn't take them, but the money was there if they wanted it.

Womens rights & the freedoms we have here don't exist in Muslim countries never have & never will. It a part of their so called culture. Men rule & women are just there to use & abuse.
    Again, an awfully broad brush. Prior to the Soviet invasion, women were doing pretty well in Afghanistan. There are also majority muslim countries with secular governments where women are allowed freedom.

As far as the war goes there is oil, minerals, things our greedy country can use. It is not just about terrorists their is more to it then that.

The problems in the USA come from within. It is all about greed & power & it sucking us all in.

Ahhhh, back to the war is about oil.........

What have oil prices done since the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Last time I checked they went up.

Here's an idea:

Drill where the oil and Natural Gas are available in the US, get GE back in the business of producing Nuclear reactors for civilian use, open up Yucca Mountain (but whatever you do, leave that waste in such a manner so we can get to it later......we might find uses for it), and end the NIMBY movement with regards to energy.

Either that or go back to an early 19th century societal energy use across the board.

I have no issue with either option, but pick one and deal with the reality. You CANNOT have things both ways.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Blog Entries
    You all wanted an opinion I jumped in. Politics as usual. My beliefs are broad so be it, they are my beliefs. Politicans are politicans they are all crooks, I don't care who you vote in. They start out with good ideas & get sucked in to it with the good old boys. Those kids that have jobs good for them maybe more kids will get out their & try to earn a wage instead of expecting mommy & daddy to pay for everything while the whole family goes into debt because they are living beyond their means.

Can you tell me why these banks are building big new buildings all over the USA? They must not be hurting to bad. MY son & daughter in law want to add on to their house & the banks are taking them for a roller coaster ride.

Lets go for other choices when it comes to powering our homes, cars, industry etc. Wind Generators are a start. Thermo energy, using the sun. All the things that are naturally there. Nuclear energy scars me to tell you the truth. Those barrels stored in that mountain are probably leaking as we speak.

As far as the Muslims go they have to change things their self. In Iraq, Bush had planned on educating the next generation, well it is not working out. The people are pissed over there they don't want our Western ideals crammed down their throats.

We all may have to give up something in the future if things keep going the way they are. Actually we have already so to speak. I know it is a broad response.

Wind power is a very, very partial solution, as the wind doesn't blow 24/7, and the NIMBY crowd (strangely enough a large % of them are pushing for alternative energy, just not where they can see it)

Solar also is a very partial solution, with one caveat: Fund the hell out of NASA, and give the 10 years to have a solar power satellite system in place. Otherwise, you're limited to powering individual locations with photovoltaic cells, and there are some REALLY nasty chemicals used in manufacturing them. Eventually our house will probably be using them for supplemental power, but they aren't a solution unless you live in Arizona.

The other problem with both wind and solar is that you cannot efficiently transmit electricity over large areas. The loss is substantial Besides, as the recent fiasco in upstate NY shows, even high voltage lines aren't immune from NIMBY. (Unless you get into REALLY high voltages, and then forget even getting a permit to look at maybe possibly building a grid. China has accomplished extremely high voltage grid lines, we have not)

Nukes? TMI gave the residents in the immediate area an extra dental X-ray. It wasn't failure, it was proof of concept.

Chernobyl cannot happen in the US, as we don't use that type of reactor.

Barrels leaking in Yucca Mountain? They can't be. Last time I checked, there weren't any there.

Until people really decide they want alternative energy, it's not going to happen. The one option we know how to implement on a large enough scale to be an impact immediately is Nuclear, but it's so expensive legally that it's practically pointless to even ask for a permit for a plant.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Wind power is a very, very partial solution, as the wind doesn't blow 24/7, and the NIMBY crowd (strangely enough a large % of them are pushing for alternative energy, just not where they can see it)

Solar also is a very partial solution, with one caveat: Fund the hell out of NASA, and give the 10 years to have a solar power satellite system in place. Otherwise, you're limited to powering individual locations with photovoltaic cells, and there are some REALLY nasty chemicals used in manufacturing them. Eventually our house will probably be using them for supplemental power, but they aren't a solution unless you live in Arizona.

The other problem with both wind and solar is that you cannot efficiently transmit electricity over large areas. The loss is substantial Besides, as the recent fiasco in upstate NY shows, even high voltage lines aren't immune from NIMBY. (Unless you get into REALLY high voltages, and then forget even getting a permit to look at maybe possibly building a grid. China has accomplished extremely high voltage grid lines, we have not)

Nukes? TMI gave the residents in the immediate area an extra dental X-ray. It wasn't failure, it was proof of concept.

Chernobyl cannot happen in the US, as we don't use that type of reactor.

Barrels leaking in Yucca Mountain? They can't be. Last time I checked, there weren't any there.

Until people really decide they want alternative energy, it's not going to happen. The one option we know how to implement on a large enough scale to be an impact immediately is Nuclear, but it's so expensive legally that it's practically pointless to even ask for a permit for a plant.

Thought the subject was Religion ? and who peed in your Cheerios this AM?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Shifted from religion to the economy to energy about midway up the page.

I can't reference who did what in my wheaties this morning, as it is part of an ongoing investigation.

Blog Entries
    Blame it all on Pucky he started it further up the page.

Did you ever wonder why we (society) let our children get away with being lazy? I wonder if it has anything to do with discipline being so taboo? (Thank you Dr. Spock, moron.)

Before you respond, remember that it is those lazy kids who will be providing you your SS check....

As far as social security I earned it damn it. Whatever I spend will go back into my community.
    Earned it? Last I checked, SS was not an investment system. The current working people pay for the current retired people. It is NOT a bank account saved up just for you. So, knowing that....

What happens 10 years or less down the road? When there are VASTLY more people drawing SS than paying into it? Something will HAVE to give.

There are no easy answer to the problems we face. There HAS to be pain. Pick your poison I reckon.

Lets have some of those Federal & State employees take a pay cut! The fat cats in Washington keep giving themselves raisies while the rest of us are suppose to suck it up. Locally our county attornery along with a bunch of county employees wanted raises while in the mean time our county roads are going to hell.
    Better yet... Make public employee unions illegal. Let the cream get paid what they are worth and the less than cream.... What they are worth. You know, a free labor market?

As it stands now, in my state at least, the taxpayer is the one on the hook if the public employee pension system cannot afford its payouts. In times like this when the economy is down... Is it really fair to further burden those already deep in it to pay MORE? If everybody else is taking a cut, why not government?

Who's greed and lust for power are you talking about?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

You all wanted an opinion I jumped in. Politics as usual. My beliefs are broad so be it, they are my beliefs.
    I don't want to speak for LH, but I am not trying to 'prove you wrong'. I think this is a good discussion.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Puck, there's a REASON I'm an officer for what is, for all intents and purposes, a public employees' Union.

Research the labor conditions in the US Post Office prior to 1970 and it might open your eyes to see why the APWU exists.

For another example of why we need Unions, read:

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...cal-violations

and take into consideration that management at the plant has been screwing with the employees repeatedly about BS safety violations, but when someone finally has had enough and calls OSHA for real violations, what happens?

I spent this morning in a pre-disciplinary interview for my comments to OSHA.

Blog Entries
    Pucky, That is what bothers me, these kids that get whatever they want, whenever they want. There probably won't be any S.S. left but I am going to enjoy it while I can. A person can not just rely on S.S. to tied you over & if a person is smart there will be cash under the mattress.

When I talk about THEY, I mean the politicans & the richer than richer that control this country. You can throw the big CORPS.,in there too but they are owned by the richer than rich anyways.

Unions?!?! My dad belonged to the railroad union my husband United Parcel Service Union. If you didn't want to be working a 12 hour day 7 days a week with only a day off a month like my grandfather did on the railroad when there were no unions then a union would make sense. The employees pay into the union so it does not involve the state or federal funds that I know of. There are mom & pop companys in this country that still exist where you don't need a union they are good to you & you are like family. But when you get into the big Corps. you better have your back side protected.

Those wind generators may not work in your part of the country but they do here in the Midwest. The Dakotas & Nebraska have them all over the place along with Minnesota & Iowa. We also have grain ethonal plants the greenies don't like them, but whatever surplus corn we have goes to them to make ethonal & it is blended into the gas. Everyone has to keep trying to come up with something that will work, we can't be dependent on oil forever.

Yes this is a good discussion. I don't have numbers to back any thing up & when you do have numbers where do they come from? It would be like I won the championship with my steer at the fair. No one asks how many were in the class with me? What if there was only one other person & they got reserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Puck, there's a REASON I'm an officer for what is, for all intents and purposes, a public employees' Union.

Research the labor conditions in the US Post Office prior to 1970 and it might open your eyes to see why the APWU exists.

For another example of why we need Unions, read:

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...cal-violations

and take into consideration that management at the plant has been screwing with the employees repeatedly about BS safety violations, but when someone finally has had enough and calls OSHA for real violations, what happens?

I spent this morning in a pre-disciplinary interview for my comments to OSHA.
    If the primary goal of being safe, was the mission of public employee unions, i'd be behind you. But when my property taxes go up 15% so that the teachers don't have simply not get a raise ONE year.... And so they don't have to contribute ONE CENT to their super-duper cadillac health plan... AND so they can build a shiny new stadium for the worst performing high school in the county... AND so that their pension plan remains solvent... All in a time of financial crisis.. (Except for public employee union members I guess.)

Ya see where I am going?

We told our staff... If it ever came up that we have to unionize our company, we are just closing the doors.

I get the safety thing. What I can't stand is the stuff I described.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Puck, I just sent you a PM, but for everyone else:

If I wrote a novel about the reality of the USPS and tried to sell it as fiction, it would fail, as no one would believe it.

Pucky, That is what bothers me, these kids that get whatever they want, whenever they want. There probably won't be any S.S. left but I am going to enjoy it while I can. A person can not just rely on S.S. to tied you over & if a person is smart there will be cash under the mattress.
    What do I tell my kid(s) then?

Unions?!?! My dad belonged to the railroad union my husband United Parcel Service Union. If you didn't want to be working a 12 hour day 7 days a week with only a day off a month like my grandfather did on the railroad when there were no unions then a union would make sense. The employees pay into the union so it does not involve the state or federal funds that I know of. There are mom & pop companys in this country that still exist where you don't need a union they are good to you & you are like family. But when you get into the big Corps. you better have your back side protected.
    I have no problem with private company unions. So long as the employee knows what he is getting into.

Everyone has to keep trying to come up with something that will work, we can't be dependent on oil forever.
    I agree 100%. But until we get 'there', what do we do?

Yes this is a good discussion. I don't have numbers to back any thing up & when you do have numbers where do they come from? It would be like I won the championship with my steer at the fair. No one asks how many were in the class with me? What if there was only one other person & they got reserve?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...cit_chart.html

http://www.visualeconomics.com/gdp-v...bt-by-country/

For starters... But, any one can do the math. Look at the current debt. Add the current (projected) deficit. Look at the pending number of retirees, then compare that to the number of people who will be working and paying SS taxes.

Something HAS to give. One way or the other. Wait till all the 'stimulus' money is spent, with nothing to show for it, save shiny new roads and bridges. 2.5 trillion or so in 'new' money, chasing the original amount of goods and services.....

Simply put, the government(s) has to stop spending money like they are.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    Right now the farmers in this country are needing help & are asking our own people to come & work for them. It is hard work but the rewards are great exercise, accomplishment getting the crops in, do you think any of our people will want to help out? Oh & we would all be paid most likely a minimum wage. This is true I heard it on our local farm forum this morning.

There probably won't be any social security, sorry kids you probably will be living under a different kind of government. We owe China big time maybe they will take over our country.

Haven't BO & the rest of his friends talked about a world government? Maybe that is where we are heading?