Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    So, what does everyone think of Charlie Sheen?
    I heard part of his radio interview from the Alex Jones show. He was talking about a mile a minute- the interviewer couldn't get a word in edgewise. And what he said made very little sense. I'm thinking he's either manic/bipolar or had taken too much medication (legal or otherwise). His behavior over the past year or so has been very erratic.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

U.S. - get out of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    What uppity hooey.

Apparently some people's knowledge of American history and what made this country great does not include the industrial revolution. (Pity. But then, it goes with the incorrect use of "paradigm" and the bad spelling. Education is everything!)

But it might help them understand this quote (which yes, I have quoted before)..."as you are to the least of my people...so shall you be onto me."

I have represented management in election campaigns with the Teamsters, the UAW, the Machinists. I have negotiated union contracts with (not against) the Teamsters, Machinists, IBEW, and the CTM. I have "won" more than I "lost."

Let me make something clear - I am the granddaughter of a poor immigrant. But I am not a victim. I own my own company. I have never belonged to a union. No one in my family has ever belonged to a union. Everyone in my family is a college graduate with a professional career.

But every member of my family understands what it means to struggle to achieve. They understand the need for a level playing field.

I do not expect others to be just like me. There are far more intelligent and capable people than me. And there are those who have not had the advantages I have had. And there are people who work for employers that deserve unions. And there are people who work for employers that do not deserve unions.

That doesn't make them victims. Nor inferior. Nor superior.

But I cannot abide people who say..."I did not need a union - so no one else does."

Elitist. Arrogant. Ignorant.
    Did the union or the tax payer pay for your service?

If the unions paid your bill I have no problem with you. If you ever negotiated a union contract on tax payers dollars, our problem will continue.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It's been an escalating cycle of acting out, culminating in the last week or so with several media interviews, in which he said all sorts of regrettable things sounding pretty egotistical, and maybe insane, insulting the shows producers and staff, etc.. See any US "entertainment" site for more info ...
    Thanks for that K. Yes, I can see he's really turned into a Looney Toon.

5. Disagree with Eliminating Bargaining Rights

According to a poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal 62% of Americans oppose the plan of the governor of Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 03-02-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Did the union or the tax payer pay for your service?

If the unions paid your bill I have no problem with you. If you ever negotiated a union contract on tax payers dollars, our problem will continue.
    Edwina Secretary you never answered the question? I am interested in knowing?

Unions are necessary believe me, especially if you are working for a large cooperation like UPS. They walk all over their employees & even do with a union in place. They have great benefits, pay is good, but boy you better not scratch the paint on their vehicles & it is written up as an accident. Three accidents or any speeding tickets even on your own personal time & you are fired.

An interesting blog post. There is a link in this post to another interesting post of his as well.

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com...amendment.html
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    An interesting blog post. There is a link in this post to another interesting post of his as well.

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com...amendment.html
    That was a good read Puck.
    But there are a couple of small typo's, and also I think they missed out on a comma somewhere.
    You know "Education is everything"....so therefore I will just have to discount the whole blog.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    So, what does everyone think of Charlie Sheen?
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I heard part of his radio interview from the Alex Jones show. He was talking about a mile a minute- the interviewer couldn't get a word in edgewise. And what he said made very little sense. I'm thinking he's either manic/bipolar or had taken too much medication (legal or otherwise). His behavior over the past year or so has been very erratic.
    I can't help but wonder... don't narcissists thrive on other people's attention to them? So what would happen if Charlie Sheen suddenly stopped being tabloid front-page news? He's become so bizarre; just swing the cameras toward someone else for awhile.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

10. Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    That was a good read Puck.
    But there are a couple of small typo's, and also I think they missed out on a comma somewhere.
    You know "Education is everything"....so therefore I will just have to discount the whole blog.
    I think you should just accept the "paradigm" of it..."per say"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Edwina Secretary you never answered the question? I am interested in knowing?
    Its part of her M.O. Most union contracts dictate that the other party, not the union, pays for the negotiator. So if ES, or her company, negotiated for any union against the tax payers, odds are the tax payers paid for her or her companies services.

Unions are necessary believe me, especially if you are working for a large cooperation like UPS. They walk all over their employees & even do with a union in place. They have great benefits, pay is good, but boy you better not scratch the paint on their vehicles & it is written up as an accident. Three accidents or any speeding tickets even on your own personal time & you are fired.
    Unions are necessary as a reminder to bosses, owners, corporations, and ceos and stockholders you frak with us we can shut you down. Ill walk away or bide my time till I can get a better job then rather then willingly join a union. At my new job Ive already pissed off the IBEW members, Ive told them Ill sign the card to listen to their speal but I would vote no to organize. I was on the IBEW blacklist early on as an electrician and that was the best decision for both the union and me.

Ive never worked for a company as large as the one that currently employs me, but if somebody I outperform gets ahead because of time spent rather then performance Im gone.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Its part of her M.O. Most union contracts dictate that the other party, not the union, pays for the negotiator. So if ES, or her company, negotiated for any union against the tax payers, odds are the tax payers paid for her or her companies services.
    Wrong. Both sides have their own negotiators, paid for by the individual parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Wrong. Both sides have their own negotiators, paid for by the individual parties.
    But if its a public labor union, wouldnt the tax payers pay for both sides?

ETA: The USPS is paid by forced public dollars and taxes. So any USPS negotiator is paid for by Gov force with tax dollars.
    Last edited by blue; 03-04-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    But if its a public labor union, wouldnt the tax payers pay for both sides?

ETA: The USPS is paid by forced public dollars and taxes. So any USPS negotiator is paid for by Gov force with tax dollars.
    The Union side is paid for by the dues collections from the salaries of the workers who are Union members.

As to the USPS being funded by taxpayer money, that isn't even remotely true. Outside of the money paid by Congress for free mailing for the blind, the USPS collects no tax money.

Any more myths you'd like to perpetuate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The Union side is paid for by the dues collections from the salaries of the workers who are Union members.

As to the USPS being funded by taxpayer money, that isn't even remotely true. Outside of the money paid by Congress for free mailing for the blind, the USPS collects no tax money.

Any more myths you'd like to perpetuate?
    Not trying to perpetuate anything. So if you don't join the USPS Union you are out of luck if you lose your job. Or you have to pay someone to represent you & then hopefully get your job back if you are fired. Then if you should get your job back would it be a living hell at the work place. Maybe that is why there have been so many shootings?