Page 8 of 257 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Quarter back for the Indy Colts?
    No, that's Peyton. And Eli is the Manning for the NY giants. Maybe Archie or the other son, Cooper?

Football is a religion.

So are enviromental issues to some large Irish Catholic families living in Massachusetts.

There once was a senator who sailed Nantucket
    Who bailed his bilge with a bucket.
    When his diesel was found
    floating on top the Sound.
    He told the media to suck it.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/K.../14/80443.html

----------------
    I like BO's comments about teen pregnancies.

I think he's WRIGHT about that.

The person tha comes out AFTER BO makes a stupid comment should be president. It seems that he always needs to have his comments explained, lest he be "MISQUOTED".
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

There once was a senator who sailed Nantucket
    Who bailed his bilge with a bucket.
    When his diesel was found
    floating on top the Sound.
    He told the media to suck it.
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/K.../14/80443.html
    You have missed your calling Richard. You should be on the Editorial Page of newspapers far and wide with your witty (and true) poetry. Very well done! Wonder why this was not on any of the news programs I have heard so far today.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    You have missed your calling Richard. You should be on the Editorial Page of newspapers far and wide with your witty (and true) poetry. Very well done! Wonder why this was not on any of the news programs I have heard so far today.......

Doll,

Do you know how many years that limerick has simmered in the back of my brain? I laughed when I heard the story and as I lay in bed it came to me.
    Don't thank me.....I just write.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Senator McCain's guest appearance on Letterman >>>

Did anyone catch Senator John McCain on the Dave Letterman Show on Tuesday night?

If McCain doesn't make it into the White House, he's sure got a chance on the Talk Show Circuit!
    Maybe his One Liners were helped by the writers, but he managed to keep up with Dave
    throughout the entire show - good comebacks every time Dave threw him a line!

And he made some excellent points when he *got serious*, too.

GOOD JOB, Candidate McCain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Did anyone catch Senator John McCain on the Dave Letterman Show on Tuesday night?

If McCain doesn't make it into the White House, he's sure got a chance on the Talk Show Circuit!
    Maybe his One Liners were helped by the writers, but he managed to keep up with Dave
    throughout the entire show - good comebacks every time Dave threw him a line!

And he made some excellent points when he *got serious*, too.

GOOD JOB, Candidate McCain!!

No I didn't see that. I prefer Leno to Letterman so would have probably missed it even if I could have stayed awake. I hope to maybe see some snippets of it on some of the news shows.

Yes, I saw it. McCain did pretty good. I've been loving Letterman's
    quips about the candidates. he had some good ones on Rommey too
    before he dropped out of the race.

I really would have felt comfortable voting for McCain about 7-8 yrs
    ago, but since he's now such a good Bush buddy, I've lost my respect
    for the guy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Somewhere Ed Mcmahon is practicing.......HERE"S JOHHNY!

JM just has to keep Bette Midler off his show.

-------------------

Hey,
    If Hillary does challenge BO to a bowling match, will she use the bowling alley's balls or her own?

-------------

Will someone tell BO that in order to 'install' a cabinet, you have to get into the house first?

And that pesky Al Gore.....what does he have to say about the Tedster fouling up the Sound?

I think that the forefathers of this country were right to separate church and state and give people freedom of speech.

How else would the populace of the U.S. get some of the best sound-bytes
    on earth?

I popped on the tube and saw that a Catholic priest made some statements in support of rev Wright and Louie Farrakan.

Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary were blasted by a radio host - in not too kind terms - at an event in San Francisco.

A trip into CSPAN land got my attention- Nancy Pelosi is complaining about the Iraqis paying a buck thirty six at the gas pumps.....and having a glut of oil!

Funny, We entered the war to take the oil from Iraq for ourselves!

BO is shooting basketballs on camera and wooing the crowds in interviews at college campuses.

----------------

My final observations are about the Rep/Dem talking heads on TV and the peanut galleries at these political events.

I have noticed that most of the "experts" on the tube blog for a living and are way to young to remember cloth diapers. Could the plastic in disposable diapers have seeped into their brains? They speak like groupies of all things popular and don't see anything past rose colored glasses.

I love the crowds at the speaking engagements where the candidates appear.
    It's a riot to see a politician craft their statements according to what the crowd wants to hear.

Talk about unions and plants in the midwest, talk about student loans on the campuses. Plant a tree, go bowling or visit a homeless shelter.

Tell that group of people exactly what they want to hear, leave them warm and fuzzy inside, then go on to the next group and blow smoke up their stacks.

It funny and very sad to see these sheep fall for the line, promise or change.

Should they get to the big house they'll then have to explain to them that it can't be done because of the Senate or Congress - They won't pass the bills for the promises you made.

Me?
    I get tired of having to change my underwear because of smell of smoke in my pants.

------------------

I'm the Edster's Dad and I approve this message.

Obama's group at Indiana University is offering students 2 free tickets
    to see a Dave Matthews Band concert.They only have to register to vote.
    Ummm, I wonder who they might vote for?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Obama's group at Indiana University is offering students 2 free tickets
    to see a Dave Matthews Band concert.They only have to register to vote.
    Ummm, I wonder who they might vote for?
    Wasn't the DMB the group that emptied the waste tanks off the bridge onto the sight seeing boat?

What would Al Gore do?
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I think pitching to the audience is as old as representative politics itself. The candidate has to market him/herself, after all.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    I think pitching to the audience is as old as representative politics itself. The candidate has to market him/herself, after all.

Yes, but in these days of more info across the wires you'd think that people would pay more attention to the messenger, as opposed to the message.

Brett Favre in '08?

Anybody want to volunteer? You just have to be a "typical white person"
    to get in. Geeze.

Political Punch
    Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper

Jake Tapper is ABC News' Senior National Correspondent based in the network's Washington bureau. He writes about politics and popular culture and covers a range of national stories.

"We Need More White People"
    April 09, 2008 8:47 AM

At a Michelle Obama event, reporters from the Carnegie-Mellon University student newspaper "observed one event coordinator say to another, 'Get me more white people, we need more white people.' To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, 'We're moving you, sorry. It's going to look so pretty, though.'

"'I didn't know they would say, "We need a white person here,"' said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. 'I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn't know it would be so outright.'"

(For those who would criticize this blog for relying on a college newspaper, please recall how much the Obama campaign in its TV ads relied upon the support for his health care plan by the college newspaper the Daily Iowan.)

In any case, that Michelle Obama advance staffer just summed up the candidate's issues in Pennsylvania. They do, indeed, need more white people.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Anybody want to volunteer? You just have to be a "typical white person"
    to get in. Geeze.

Political Punch
    Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper

Jake Tapper is ABC News' Senior National Correspondent based in the network's Washington bureau. He writes about politics and popular culture and covers a range of national stories.

"We Need More White People"
    April 09, 2008 8:47 AM

At a Michelle Obama event, reporters from the Carnegie-Mellon University student newspaper "observed one event coordinator say to another, 'Get me more white people, we need more white people.' To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, 'We're moving you, sorry. It's going to look so pretty, though.'

"'I didn't know they would say, "We need a white person here,"' said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. 'I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn't know it would be so outright.'"

(For those who would criticize this blog for relying on a college newspaper, please recall how much the Obama campaign in its TV ads relied upon the support for his health care plan by the college newspaper the Daily Iowan.)

In any case, that Michelle Obama advance staffer just summed up the candidate's issues in Pennsylvania. They do, indeed, need more white people.
    LOL,

Don't you start with that TWP stuff!

Why the Eff does MO need her own event?

Sounds like the Tah raise Ah Kerry bug has bitten, again!