Thread: Politics and religion.

The looming government shutdown is a sad state of affairs, but even
    worse is the awful news I heard about yesterday. Fox network is NOT
    renewing Glenn Beck"s TV show. Where ever will I get the REAL INSIDE
    SCOOP on politics now? We are all doomed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The looming government shutdown is a sad state of affairs, but even
    worse is the awful news I heard about yesterday. Fox network is NOT
    renewing Glenn Beck"s TV show. Where ever will I get the REAL INSIDE
    SCOOP on politics now? We are all doomed.
    I heard and am desvastated. <<Snicker>> Who will idolize Sarah Palin now? Who will connect the conspiracy dots for us? Who will make the tea for the tea party???

I REALLY am sorry to hear that. Don't agree with everything he says. But I liked him.

Looks like Spooky Dude finally got him off the air.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

He's not dead, I'm sure he'll be all over other media outlets, like radio.
    I've Been Frosted

I just visited his web site. He's not been cancelled. He has just made a new deal with Fox. So we will wait and see.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Something a bit more cheerful -

From Politico -

Giffords office plans for shuttle
    By: Meredith Shiner
    April 8, 2011 01:38 PM EDT

The office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) released details of her potential appearance at the launch of the the space shuttle, Endeavor, which her husband Capt. Mark Kelly is expected to command.

The launch is scheduled for April 29.

In a statement Friday, the recovering congresswoman’s office indicated staff is “making plans” for Giffords to attend, pending medical approval from the staff at TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she has been since the end of January when she suffered a gunshot wound to the head during a mass-shooting in Tucson.

“Our office is making plans for her to attend, pending medical approval,” the statement read. “Doctors overseeing the congresswoman’s recovery at TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston will have the final word on whether Giffords will be able to attend the launch at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.”

Giffords’ office said the dates of her travel have not yet been determined and that she would not meet with the media or issue a statement from Florida if doctors clear her to attend the launch.

Instead, members of her staff plan to hold a press conference “to discuss the event and her reaction to her husband’s latest mission.”

Giffords’ chief of staff Pia Carusone and Communications director C.J. Karamargin, Giffords’ communications director are expected to speak on her behalf.

Attending the launch has long been the stated goal for Giffords, whose recovery so far has been cited by doctors as “miraculous.”

Dont worry ladies, you can still listen to his radio show, and he will still be collaborating with Fox News Channel. No need to panic.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Maybe now the loonies will shut up about this.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/27686335/detail.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Maybe now the loonies will shut up about this.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/27686335/detail.html
    Maybe yes; maybe no. The real loony loonies will not want to believe it.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/04/27...age_newsletter

Vote for Donald Trump, the man who can make Bill O’Reilly look like the most sensible guy in the room. . .. . . . . . . . . . Gail Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Maybe yes; maybe no. The real loony loonies will not want to believe it.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/04/27...age_newsletter

Vote for Donald Trump, the man who can make Bill O’Reilly look like the most sensible guy in the room. . .. . . . . . . . . . Gail Collins

Great article Grace.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Bout dang time. Go Trump for taking credit.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

liz, I thought this was interesting, regarding the long-form birth certificates -

In recent memory, there have been two adoptee Presidents: one never elected, the other elected twice.

As adoptees, neither Ford nor Clinton would necessarily have been able to access their long-form birth certificate, let alone make it available for review by others. Adoptees need the permission of their birth parents to see the “long form” certificate.

Have we now reached the point where an adoptee cannot be President?* (Or, at least, a Democratic adoptee?)

*In fairness, Clinton was adopted by his stepfather and therefore could probably access his long form if necessary. So long as his mother is still alive at the time of the request.

Watch the OTHER hand

Obama is a very clever politician. He used this totally ABSURD 'birther' crap very well. If I was Obama, i'd want my opponents talking about it too.

So while everybody is talking about the President's birth certificate, the REAL news of the day gets glanced over.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42784201

Gee... Who saw inflation coming?

Hooray for fake money! My daughter is totally screwed, but the boomers get to keep their SS! Woot!
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Obama is a very clever politician. He used this totally ABSURD 'birther' crap very well. If I was Obama, i'd want my opponents talking about it too.

So while everybody is talking about the President's birth certificate, the REAL news of the day gets glanced over.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42784201

Gee... Who saw inflation coming?

Hooray for fake money! My daughter is totally screwed, but the boomers get to keep their SS! Woot!
    Your daughter had better learn early to work hard, save, and invest. That is what we have done all these years along with our folks who lived through a depression & had nothing. Also tell her not to live beyond her means. Learn to save her pennies early on. If you don't need it you can do without. Forget about the SS thing get off of it. It is just a pettily part of what is wrong with our country.

The baby boomers give back to society by volunteering many many many hours. They are not leeches asking for handouts.

Medicare is not completely FREE. We have to pay into it along with acquiring a supplemental policy along with supplementing any drugs we may need.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Your daughter had better learn early to work hard, save, and invest. That is what we have done all these years along with our folks who lived through a depression & had nothing. Also tell her not to live beyond her means. Learn to save her pennies early on. If you don't need it you can do without.
    Well, as best we can, we already live this way. But saving our pennies won't matter a hill of beans if those pennies are worthless. THAT is what I am getting at.

Forget about the SS thing get off of it. It is just a pettily part of what is wrong with our country.
    Sorry, but no. SS is NOT a "petty" thing. Were it run as was intended, it would be in fair shape. Right now, its full of IOUs. The Keynesian geniuses don't think that is a problem, 'because we just owe that money to ourselves'.

If that does not indicate a problem to you... There is nothing more to discuss.

The baby boomers give back to society by volunteering many many many hours. They are not leeches asking for handouts.
    Heh... Until someone tries to cut it, to try to ensure that our posterity has SS available to them as well....

No, not all 'boomers' are leeches. But they sure did a good job setting up their posterity for failure.

Economics is not a game, it works on natural LAW. We can screw around and play games all we want... Sooner or later, the bills come due. The boomers don't really have to worry about that all too much. Hannah does.

Sucks to be born and already be in the hole a quarter million dollars.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War