Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
This assault rifle at presidential event makes me so very sad and so very sick and so very ashamed.

Are these men so desperate for attention or so small that they must take assault rifles with them??

Where are the people who were so concerned about Air Force One being flown over Manhattan...that was so frightening...and this isn't????
In modern times, I have never heard of an American being saddened, sickened, or ashamed of another American exercising thier Rights before. This isnt any of the horrible things our country did or condoned of in the past, these are decent law abiding citizens.

They arent desperate for attention, they are tired of their elected officials riding roughshod over their Rights. Way to insult law abiding Americans.

These men were polite, patient, and understand with the pro Obama supporters that were bussed in for the rally.

Arizona wasnt subjected to a horrifying event the way New York City was, way to belittle an entire city.

P.S. Thats a carbine, not an assault rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
Where are the President's security people? It might be legal by a State's
statute, but they shouldn't permit this around any President. There are two
many wingnuts that might think they are right to kill a public official.
According to U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan when asked if the people carrying firearms posed a threat to the POTUS,

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donovan
Of course not.
Source.

Gosh Liz...can't interfer with their Second Amendment Rights! Uzzis in our schools, churches, shopping malls, movie theaters, hospitals, workplaces, and town hall meetings...
Cant have people legally carrying firearms in public, that might endanger criminals.

Its Uzi BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
They were outside - the President was inside - none of them got anywhere near him. And if they had wanted to go inside, they would have relinquished the weapons.

In Arizona, one can legally carry just as they were doing. As was stated in the CNN article -
The POTUS was never in any danger, so lets criminalize law abiding citizens is what they are saying. Lets not let the law get in the way of irrational thinking Grace.

And what was the point? To merely endanger the people who were there, but not the president? Does a weapon like that REALLY belong in a crowd of people?

I somehow expect if I walked around Columbine High School carrying a weapon like that - people would be appalled. Oh what I am I saying...maybe not.
Who exactly was endangered? The people who fear inanimate objects? How many O supporters in that crowd were carrying a knife or know martial arts? Arent they considerred a risk to the public at large, and if not why not?

Alot less kids might have died at Columbine if somebody did have an AR 15 carbine on hand, not you obviously.

I believe they just amended that law...you can now take your Uzzi into a bar or any other establishment that serves liquor.

guns in bars
From the article ES posted.

The measure would ban drinking while packing and allow restaurants to deny entry to gun-toting citizens by posting a sign next to their liquor license.
I can see how that would put alot of people at risk.

I do not know the technicalities of taking a gun slung over your shoulder off to shift the weight or taking a gun off your shoulder to kill...and when that becomes illegal...nor do I particularly want to know.
Ignorance must be bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
I realize they were legally carrying those guns. There are many things that are legal.

And stupid and sick and reprehensible.

There is a thread about little girls in beauty pagents. Those are legal...but stupid, sick and reprehensible.
Stupid and sick and reprehensible for demonstrating American Rights, another first Ive seen. Stupid and sick and reprehensible for being law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
JUst because the guy was black he should not be able to carry?

LOLOLOLOL, if he was white it would be the second coming of Hitler.
Exactly!! IT would be a much bigger story if it had been a white guy with the AR 15.

I do not know the race of any of the men who carried guns.

Is that important to you?
I think this is the first time Ive seen where ES has colorblind glasses on.

This guy looks really dangerous.

Youtube vid.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
I remember President Kennedy being killed in public by a nut with a rifle.
There seems to be no way to limit the sale of guns to stable people.
Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I just finished a book about the Secret Service. Back in 1963 Kennedy was warned, repeatedly, not to go to Dallas. By Senator Fulbright, by Adlai Stevenson, and others. Back then only 2 Secret Service agents had gone to Dallas to check things out. Not one building on the route was checked. These days, whenever there is a motorcade, buildings along the route are checked. Empty offices are sealed shut. Presidential cars are bullet proof.

Today, Oswald would not have been able to reach that window. Kennedy would not have been in an open car.
Liz, I dont think I could have said it better then Grace. There are now laws about who can legally own a firearm. Today LHO would not be able to own a firearm legally, but those laws only apply to Law Abiding Citizens.