Page 34 of 257 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Debate or not to Debate

Well, really! I fully expect any second to see a picture of McCain ripping open his shirt and showing a big S! He certainly acts like he is super man, at least in his own mind!!!

Ok, suspend your own campaign and stop the ads ( you forgot to tell CBS by the way, they have shown them all morning. Odd not one of Obama's was shown.) Don't worry about the time and expense you cause the city where the debate would be held if you cancel to run to DC to act like you are a hot shot. Never mind that you could go to DC today and back for the Debate by tomorrow.

Never mind the fact that there are 98 other senators besides the two running for pres. All of whom have brains and are capable of working on the bail out mess. Never mind the fact that the banks helped get themselves into this mess by giving loans to lots of illegels who don't make enough money to pay back loans, BUT still insist on paying their CEOs more money than a golden goose could lay in a year.

Don't forget to remind God that the world will stop turning if you don't oversee his work!!! SUPER MCCAIN is on the job!!! GAG ME!!!!!

I've said for a long time we are in a recession. The middle and lower class people have know about it. It only becomes official when the wealthier class starts feeling the pinch. Welcome to our world!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

One of the better stories this election season is the cardbaord cutout of BO that was 'hung' from a tree with a note attached.

Apparently someone hung a cardboard BO from a tree -with fishing line around the neck- and a sign saying that he was a dropout from some kind of edcuational program.

Apparently the local officials took it down because it represented a lynching!

Can you beleive that? The PC police are on the prowl again. IF they wanted to portray a lynching don't you think a GIANT piece of rope would have been the result? Whoever put the cutout up probably went the fishing line route to KEEP from making it look like a hanging!

The cardboard cutout was not hurt and as of today is back on the campaign trail. Thin on substance and thick on ear width!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Never mind the fact that the banks helped get themselves into this mess by giving loans to lots of illegels who don't make enough money to pay back loans,
    Because Congress mandated that they do so. Big heart + little brain = economic chaos. The concept of MANDATING a bank give out loans to people, without as much as ID or proof of income, is insanity. It is SO insane that one might even begin to think Congress PLANNED this outcome. I wonder why?

ETA: A little background on the mandating thing.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/09/...of-credit.html
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Well, really! I fully expect any second to see a picture of McCain ripping open his shirt and showing a big S! He certainly acts like he is super man, at least in his own mind!!!

Ok, suspend your own campaign and stop the ads ( you forgot to tell CBS by the way, they have shown them all morning. Odd not one of Obama's was shown.) Don't worry about the time and expense you cause the city where the debate would be held if you cancel to run to DC to act like you are a hot shot. Never mind that you could go to DC today and back for the Debate by tomorrow.

Never mind the fact that there are 98 other senators besides the two running for pres. All of whom have brains and are capable of working on the bail out mess. Never mind the fact that the banks helped get themselves into this mess by giving loans to lots of illegels who don't make enough money to pay back loans, BUT still insist on paying their CEOs more money than a golden goose could lay in a year.

Don't forget to remind God that the world will stop turning if you don't oversee his work!!! SUPER MCCAIN is on the job!!! GAG ME!!!!!

I've said for a long time we are in a recession. The middle and lower class people have know about it. It only becomes official when the wealthier class starts feeling the pinch. Welcome to our world!!

I honestly believe McCain either has very bad advisors or has cracked
    under the strain of a very long campaign. As you said, everyone else in
    Congress is well aware of the money crisis & as of now, committed to the
    general framework of the new bill. He's a day late & a dollar short, as usual.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It saddens me to se that nobody seems to care how this 'crisis' came to be. Or understands the history of the original Great Depression. The government got us into this mess... What sane person thinks they can get us out?

But go ahead and keep playing the petty, partisan and sophmoric crap.

We are going to get what we deserve.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I am still waiting... No, PLEADING with the Obama people here to make the case to me for his economic plan. No baiting or trolling... I want to hear it from one of the people who believe in him.

All I need to know is the answer to one question. How does raising ANY taxes help? The last thing we need now is petty class warfare.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Multi-tasking?

Has anyone ever walked into a shop/business to be greeted by the clerk/associate on a cell phone, computer, register and talking to a customer at the same time?

The kind of service you get really bites.

Chances are a mistake will be made somewhere along the line and an unhappy consumer/customer is born! I really do not like anyone running the country with an iPhone shoved in their head, their chief of staff whispering in their ear, a computer screen on their lap and a stupid idea in their head.

I want someone who will take the most important problem fix that and work their way from there. You split you attention between jobs, you will get a half assed result.

---------------

And here is another thing that makes me laugh about the naivete and stupidity of people who think that the president "Has his finger on the button"

NO single man, president or otherwise can 'push the button' all on his own.
    He has staff that will help him decide if there will be any kind of retaliatory or first strike against anyone.

So stop it! The red button only exists in movies and comic books.

The Dems say that the GOP works with the fear factor when it comes to campaigns. The dems have used the 'button' analogy and a commercial where they have some doctors telling the voters about JM melanoma and how bad his odds are of another bout with it.

I had to laugh because they have the GQ looking doc, with a stethoscope draped over his shoulders talking about JM's cancer. They then show a side photo of JM looking like a frankenstein monster.

I really trust a doctor, who probably has never been near JM, on a commercial set wearing a stethoscope.
    PLEASE!!
    ----------------

Stop with the stupidity and madness-Where is Susan Powter when you need a bit of direction.

I started out being neutral and leaned to the left, right, left, right and now
    I am sitting down and laughing. The last 12 months have been entertaining and before that the speech at the 04 Democratic Convention where some unknown nitwitgave a talk and blinded everyone to the fact that there were/are other people more that fit for the nomination of presidental candidate!

It's coming down to the slickest line of BS that gets slung last.

ME? I want the winner to be the person that causes the population the worst case of pain and misery! I love to watch people elect and defend the biggest morons on the planet. I thought NP wa going to set the Congress straight.

That bag of wind has flipped more times that a underage Chinese gymnast, and is dopier than a Tour de France cyclist.

Enough already, I really DGAF about multitasking, stopping a campaign or melanoma. Prove to me that you will at least try to make change-not steal it from my pockets.

Community organizers are some of the shadiest people on the planet. Some of the people I have read about in the paper make me laugh. The 'gang counselor' that was bagged with Meth and guns, The city councilman who spent my tax money sending flunkies on personal errands-The COs job is to stir the neighborhood pot and when things don't get changed, they shrug shoulder and go on to the next 'problem'.

Multi-tasking?

No, Political ADHD! Just pay attention to what you are doing at the moment.
    the simpler things can wait and you will grow in your ability to chew gum, breathe, read -then sign a bill/law that will take care of all the cronies who put you into the White House-all at the same time.

-----------

We need someone like the new PM of Israel - A funny name with a serious job.
    And those crazy Israelis! Didn't they learn when Golda was running the show?
    Of course the newbie, probably has never been a PM before, does that disqualify her?

Did you see where McCain really cheesed David Letterman off ?

Aparently he was to be on Letterman's show Wednesday night but canceled an hour before because he was, um, RUSHING off to catch a plane to DC to solve the "crisis".

Letterman found out McCain was instead in makeup getting ready to do an interview with Katie Couric. Letterman really blasted McCain on his show and offered to give McCain a ride to the airport.

I wonder if Letterman will still vote for him.

Lo and behold!!! McCain decided to go to the debate tonight after all. Yea, after Obama said he would talk to the people without him. Obama called McCain's bluff and won this round!!!
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 09-26-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Did you see where McCain really cheesed David Letterman off ?

Aparently he was to be on Letterman's show Wednesday night but canceled an hour before because he was, um, RUSHING off to catch a plane to DC to solve the "crisis".

I could see if it was Hanna Montana, Clay Aiken or the last person that was voted off Dancing With The Stars that stood him up.....

Since when does a politician have to keep a promise?

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It would be the logical way to do it, but would never happen. Too elitist.
    And the pool of presidential candidates as it exists now isn't? You need at least 10 million dollars to even think about becoming President. You don't get that working at Wally World.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    And the pool of presidential candidates as it exists now isn't? You need at least 10 million dollars to even think about becoming President. You don't get that working at Wally World.

At 8.50 an hour?

7776470.5882352352941176470588235 hours, before taxes.

Many pres bids are financed by entities that are more like the human side of a ventriloquist pair. The candidates need someone with a hand down their pants to make their mouths move and eyes to blink.

Yep, Ole honest Abe L. would never get elected today. He wasn't rich enough.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

It's the political party that choses the candidate and raises the money
    for them to run in the first place, but it sure is expensive nowadays.

It's really hard to believe Lincoln was in the same political party as Bush
    and McCain. They have really lowered the bar since the old days.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

IF he wasn't so fricking lazy and counted up all the pennies he owns?

Here's a question that I pondered for all of three seconds.

If BO was a community organizer, just like JC, where are all the reports/news clips of the wonderful things he's done?

I figure if he can claim that on a resume', why not give us some hard facts to judge him by.

----------

Another thing about the debate.

What was the "That's not true!" statement getting tossed in while JM was talking?
    That's one of the "dem' tactics I have noticed the party has adapted lately. SHOUT PEOPLE DOWN!!!!! Sheesh. what a marroon!