Thread: The bell rang last night and Tanner got his wings

The bell rang last night and Tanner got his wings

Last night about 6PM Tanner crossed over to the RB at home with me holding him and with the help of a good and kind vet. I got Tanner when he was only 8 weeks old. He had been with me for over 16 years, two moves, and a lot of crap in between. Last year he fell and developed herniated discs and he never quite recovered from that. But he was still the alpha cat and every other cat (and human) respected him for it.

This has been a yucky year (I lost my heart cat Brady, my mother, and my sister) and this was just the icing on the cake. But at least he is no longer in pain and he has joined with our other furry ones who are waiting for me at the RB.

I am very sorry for your loss. What a great mom you were to Tanner. You two stuck to each other through good and bad times.
    Rest in peace, and be painfree at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Tanner!
    May next year be better for you and your family.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am sorry! Rest in peace Tanner!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am so sorry for you loss of Tanner. He is painfree now, but you will miss him. You have been together for so many years and I know how heartbreaking it is. Treassure the good memories and keep him in your heart.

Rest in peace, sweet Tanner! Go and meet the kitties on the RB who went before you.

Sending comfort and hugs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So sorry for all your losses, Cheryl, and we know he will be in your heart forever. Our condolences, sending big hugs.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you everyone. It is still difficult to believe that he is gone. I keep looking for him but then I realize that I will never see him again

Dear Cheryl, I am so very sorry to learn of the loss of your loving, beloved Tanner. What a wonderful long life he shared with you, starting when he was only eight weeks old and saying goodbye yesterday after sixteen years! You and he love each other dearly, don't you, always have, always will. My very deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love him and miss him and grieve him so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Now he is a beautiful, glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and strong again, playing with Brady Angel and his human Angels and so many other loving, beloved Angels, and watching over his dear Meowmie and family with love.

Dearest Tanner Angel, please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them that all is well, you are sending down love always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy and all our Angels
    Last edited by phesina; 12-19-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cheryl, how sad about Tanner. You did the right thing but that doesn't help the emptiness and heartbreak.

Fly at the Bridge, Tanner, pain-free. Wait with the others for your mom who you will see One Fine Day.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am very sorry for your loss of dear Tanner.

Thank you everyone. It has been a rough week and last night I watched It's a Wonderful Life. That was a mistake, because by the end I was sobbing and not just because of the movie.

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRRS~~~~~ to you, Cheryl.

Tanner Angel is sending down so much love to you from the Bridge. He knows just how well cared for and cherished he was on earth and always is and will be.

from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery