Page 49 of 257 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

I enjoyed the Pres speech tonight too. I got a big kick out of seeing some of the Rep's expresions. Some looked like they were sucking lemons; or maybe sour grapes.

Let's face it. He has to do something and their big bailout laid an egg.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I enjoyed the Pres speech tonight too. I got a big kick out of seeing some of the Rep's expresions. Some looked like they were sucking lemons; or maybe sour grapes.

Let's face it. He has to do something and their big bailout laid an egg.
    And weren't they all over Obama wanting his autograph for the folks back home! They find Obama's ideas so awful...but 68% of their constituents like what he is doing...

And the rebuttal guy...is he a former grade school principal???? He sure talks like he is addressing the incoming first graders!

I don't recall anyone asking for GB's autograph!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    And weren't they all over Obama wanting his autograph for the folks back home! They find Obama's ideas so awful...but 68% of their constituents like what he is doing...

And the rebuttal guy...is he a former grade school principal???? He sure talks like he is addressing the incoming first graders!

I was a little surprised to see all these folks wanting a autograph from Obama. I don't blame them, I would too, but it did surprise me it happened in the House chamber.

Gov Jindal's speech was panned by everyone in the GOP camp. Only
    Rush came to his defense. Jindal is supposed to be the GOP's answer
    to Obama.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/02/25/...entors-jindal/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Tick.....Tock.....Tick......Tock.....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1235...mEditorialPage

"Mr. Obama is very good at portraying his agenda as nothing more than center-left pragmatism. But pragmatists don't ignore the data."

The President is clearly not a stupid man. He has to know, from history, what happens when you do the things he is trying to do. So that begs the question...WHY? A professor of Constitutional Law? Perhaps he studies it so that he can figure out ways around it? He is on record as saying the Constitution is too LIMITING. (DUH! That is what the framers intended for it.)
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I had to laugh at the "I never had a helicopter before" statement..

He didn't see the need to stop the order for a cheaper one?

It costs us just as much as AF1...

What a marroon!

----------

Are the EARMARKS everyone is talking about smudges he leaves on the doorjambs?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

A little quick history...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Williams
    While Americans, through ignorance or purpose, show contempt for our Constitution, I doubt whether they are indifferent between a growing or stagnating economy. Dr. Higgs tells us some of the economic history of the U.S. In 1893, there was a depression; we got out of it without a stimulus package. There was a major recession of 1920-21; though sharp, it quickly reversed itself into what has been call the "Roaring Twenties." In 1929, there was an economic downturn, most notably featured by the stock market collapse, after which came massive government intervention -- you might call it the nation's first stimulus package. President Hoover and Congress responded to what might have been a two- or three-year sharp downturn with many of the policies President Obama and Congress are urging today. They raised tariffs, propped up wage rates, bailed out farmers, banks and other businesses, and financed state relief efforts. When Roosevelt came to office, he became even more interventionist than Hoover and presided over protracted depression where the economy didn't fully recover until 1946.
    Full text here.

Article by DR Robert Higgs is here.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

.... He is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds.

That is the meaning of his anti-growth tax-hike proposals, which make absolutely no sense at all — either for this recession or from the standpoint of expanding our economy’s long-run potential to grow.

Raising the marginal tax rate on successful earners, capital, dividends, and all the private funds is a function of Obama’s left-wing social vision, and a repudiation of his economic-recovery statements. Ditto for his sweeping government-planning-and-spending program, which will wind up raising federal outlays as a share of GDP to at least 30 percent, if not more, over the next 10 years......

There is a growing sense of buyer’s remorse.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/29434104

Buyers remorse? Gee, who woulda thunk it? A guy with almost NO real leadership experience.... But gives on hell of a speech. Sounds like, dare I say it? Adolf Hitler?

Change we can believe in!!!! We will all be equally miserable!!! WOO HOO!

(Except our dear leader, he will NEVER feel the pain.....)

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

A little lighter now.... I thought this oddly appropriate.

http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-02-28/

Replace "Law" with "Constitution"

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Apperently the Germans feel Obama is the Second Coming...

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I guess I have to eat some crow.

Not even two months into the new president's term and I do see the difference in the country.

I had lunch with my sibs at a mall and I noticed a machine next to the carousel that said CHANGE on the front of it. When I paid the bill, I handed the folder with my money inside to our server and he came back later and told me he would be back with my CHANGE. I did ask him if BO was in the mall, he said, 'NO!' That made me believe that we can have change with him in office.

God bless America and the new president.

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Dear My President,

Why are you sending Ms. Clinton to the Middle East with 900,000,000 dollars for the Gaza Strip?

How will that money be spent? OR how many skyrocket missles can you buy for the idiots that are running the place?

Instead of making or giving them incentives - Don't shoot off rockets, blow up buses or kidnap people, maybe?- for a time period say every month, you just give them some money, hope they behave themselves and pray.

900,000,000?

We could take care of the OCTOMOM, her kids and have something left over to feed some of the poor effers in Appalachia here in the states.

Nice going-we'll talk to people, then give them money.
    If we can't kill them with kindness, lets give them money to kill someone else.

Maybe we can convince them to be our BFFFs?

Best FN FRIENDS FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/29434104

Buyers remorse? Gee, who woulda thunk it? A guy with almost NO real leadership experience.... But gives on hell of a speech. Sounds like, dare I say it? Adolf Hitler?

Change we can believe in!!!! We will all be equally miserable!!! WOO HOO!

(Except our dear leader, he will NEVER feel the pain.....)
    Yea, he should just stop trying to clean up the messes of the past Presidents and let our county finish going to hell in a hand basket.

Let all the banks fail, and the stock market too and all the businesses. Who needs em? When we are all poverty stricken we can then start all over from the ground up. At least we will all be equal then.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Yea, he should just stop trying to clean up the messes of the past Presidents and let our county finish going to hell in a hand basket.

Let all the banks fail, and the stock market too and all the businesses. Who needs em? When we are all poverty stricken we can then start all over from the ground up. At least we will all be equal then.
    Tell me how spending money we don't have and raising taxes on the people who make jobs is going to help?

Better yet, learn about the depression of 1920-21. See how we got out of that, FAST. Then see what happened in 1933. See how LONG it took to get out of that one.

There is a lot of culpability to go around, but the lions share of it rests with arrogant and corrupt government..... From both parties. It gets worse with a over educated, under wise, wanna be communist dictator in the White House.

People who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War