Page 88 of 257 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Code Pink calls the USMC criminals, and you think you should join Code Pink.

Code Pink has a counter recruitment movement for military service, and you guess you should join Code Pink.

It now seems to me, the purpose of your "In Memoriam" thread isnt supporting our men and women in uniform.
    Did you read what I wrote - I had to google Code Pink, as I didn't know what it was.

I did not know what it was: I had to google to find out. I saw it was a group of women against the war. I am, and have been since 2003, against the war.

I did not know the things you just mentioned - maybe they are true - maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    If in-human screaming in a high pitch voice, with the objective being drowning out the person speaking is your goal.... You would fit right in with Code Pink.

Code Pink are 60's era hippies who never grew up. But, they certainly do have their right to free speech. In fact, I encourage them to exercise that right.... Because everytime they do..... They show their ignorance.

Personally, I am torn on the current conflicts. Having been deployed to less than desirable places at government expense, i've seen this enemy, face to face. Had the motive been real, we could have ended it LONG ago. But sadly, the motive is to make money for certain companies.... So the war drags on.

I learned everything I needed to know the day we were read our ROE in October 1993. Thus the reason why I HATE our current government. How many GREAT men and women have been buried in the name of politics? By BOTH sides... I can name a few. I consoled on of their mothers, at his funeral.

Vote them ALL out. ANY incumbent. Make this a government OF THE PEOPLE.
    I am not a screamer. My mother raised me to be polite. I would be totally embarrassed to have my picture plastered across the pages of the press as some have been this last week.

Hippie - no, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Did you read what I wrote - I had to google Code Pink, as I didn't know what it was.

I did not know what it was: I had to google to find out. I saw it was a group of women against the war. I am, and have been since 2003, against the war.

I did not know the things you just mentioned - maybe they are true - maybe not.
    I did read what you wrote, I even reread it as I responded.

I came to the conclusion I did because I reread what you wrote. You didnt see the link for Code Pink calls marines war criminals when you Googled Code Pink? Or on Code Pinks website you didnt see....

What is Counter-Recruitment?

Counter-recruitment is a national movement to resist the recruitment of young people into the US military.

Counter-recruitment has several components: informing youth of the realities of military service; resisting recruitment through the schools via JROTC and testing; taking action on military sexual trauma; offering career alternatives to the military; vigiling and protesting in front of military recruiting offices; giving support to war resisters and veterans; and building awareness of militarism in our culture.

Our section on national counter-recruitment groups lists 21 active groups. Behind those websites and organizations stand combat veterans, researchers, high school teachers, civil rights attorneys, sexual abuse survivors, mothers and fathers, city government officials, students and artists. CODEPINK is proud to bring our lively woman-centered activism to the movement.
    link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

http://www.codepinkalert.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAU76bqL4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdrkmtkCw4

I was not a Marine. I was a United States Army Soldier. I had the privilidge of serving in combat. My best friend died while serving his country. It should have been me. Really.

These morons have NO IDEA what it costs to be free.

Again, I encourage them to speak freely. The simply show how stupid and ignorant they are. I LOVE it when they talk about "freedom of speech" and then denegrate the men and women who ensure it.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I am not a screamer. My mother raised me to be polite. I would be totally embarrassed to have my picture plastered across the pages of the press as some have been this last week.

Hippie - no, never.
    I know that.

Thank you. You are a model of grace... Grace.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I did read what you wrote, I even reread it as I responded.

I came to the conclusion I did because I reread what you wrote. You didnt see the link for Code Pink calls marines war criminals when you Googled Code Pink? Or on Code Pinks website you didnt see....

link.
    I googled them - quickly saw on wikpedia they were an organization for women against the war. I did not visit their website; I did not read any further than I just said: I did not see any videos.

You can believe me or not - I really don't care.

I know that.

Thank you. You are a model of grace... Grace.
    Thank you, Puck.

I googled them - quickly saw on wikpedia they were an organization for women against the war. I did not visit their website; I did not read any further than I just said: I did not see any videos.

You can believe me or not - I really don't care.
    I have no doubt you Googled them. I am at a loss why you would go to wikipedia and not check out their site for yourself.

I really am begining to think that you do not care, in memorial.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Poor Hillary

She can't seem to get out from under his shadow

KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's temper flared on Monday when a Congolese university student asked her for her husband's thinking on an international financial matter.

A week after former President Bill Clinton traveled to North Korea to secure the release of two detained American journalists and stole the limelight from the start of his wife's first trip to Africa, Clinton was clearly displeased by the question at town hall forum in Kinshasa.

''You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?'' she replied incredulously when the male student asked her what ''Mr. Clinton'' thought of World Bank concerns about a multibillion-dollar Chinese loan offer to the Congo.

''My husband is not secretary of state, I am,'' an obviously annoyed Clinton said sharply. ''If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.''

The question was left unanswered as the moderator of the event quickly moved on.

I have no doubt you Googled them. I am at a loss why you would go to wikipedia and not check out their site for yourself.

I really am begining to think that you do not care, in memorial.

Give her some time to check it out.

Grace is not like the others Dan. She might disagree, but she is honest.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Give her some time to check it out.

Grace is not like the others Dan. She might disagree, but she is honest.
    I agree she is honest.

This might be a reason why she might reconsider joining Code Pink....

ETA: That pic looks chopped so here are a few others.

Last edited by blue; 08-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I have to make a public apology to Grace.

I quoted and linked the word "memoriam" which isnt a word according to http://dictionary.reference.com/. However in memoriam is, and Grace has properly used it.

I could be an AH and just edit my previous posts, but I will man up and simply apologize.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    She can't seem to get out from under his shadow
    As it turns out...the translator made a mistake. The student was asking what President Obama thinks about the issue.

I don't blame her....I would be annoyed if someone asked my what my husband thinks about an issue. Reminds me of the first time I served on jury duty and the attorney asked me what my father did for a living - not what I did, not what my mother did -

And your special guest referee for today's event is Senator Arlen Spector!

With no 'disrespect' meant to our wonderful lawmakers?

Ya get what you sow, morons.

-------------

Watch the prez' THM meeting today.....

That should be interesting.

---------------

Poor Hillary,

She put on the 'shrew' in Africa, eh?

Now, her reaction wasn't very politically correct was it?

Of course she can't channel Bill. why would she want to do THAT!

15. Now here is one wild and wacky woman!

Orly Taitz

How did she get in the country???

And here is a great clip of screeching in a high pitch voice, with the objective to drown out the person speaking... you know...also known as a person interested in a rational discussion of healthcare?

rational?

It is going to be a long season!
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-11-2009 at 12:23 PM.