Page 256 of 257 FirstFirst ... 156206246247248249250251252253254255256257 LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

I may be wrong, but one of the first 'televised' beheadings was of an American aid worker who was captured and executed - I had no interest in seeing the tape, but the radio station I listened to played the screams of the young man as he was being slaughtered.

To this day, I remember the exactly where I was and the screams from this poor guy.

-------------------------------

The latest tape - the cruel murder of the Jordanian pilot - shows how depraved and evil these idiots are.

As sad as it is? The only response is to be more brutal than they seem to be.

I hope that this man's death isn't in vain and it becomes a rallying cry for the good people of the region to wipe these IS AHs off the face of the planet.

Sometimes a "squeaky wheel" doesn't need to be greased.

It needs to be pulled off the axle and put into the scrap pile?

ISIL (ISI,ISIS, whatever) just screwed up.

Jordan is probably the most competent Arab military there is, and given how Arab air forces select their pilots, he probably had ties to the royal family.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    ISIL (ISI,ISIS, whatever) just screwed up.

Jordan is probably the most competent Arab military there is, and given how Arab air forces select their pilots, he probably had ties to the royal family.
    Check it out....

If the pilot had been from the west, you would have seen/heard something like...

"government officials are meeting to draft an appropriate response to this crime/act"

The Jordanians just cut to the chase.

"Jordanian Officials vow revenge." or some such headlines?

And hours after the footage was released, they backed their 'promise' up.

--------------

As silly and simple as it sounds?

Bullies will do what ever they want until one person or a group of people show up on their front porch, looking to 'set things right'.

It might be about religion or land, but I'd like to think that people deep down just want to live their lives without having to worry about some knuckleheads telling them how to live?

Jordan's King Abdullah, himself a former general, angrily vowed to pursue ISIS until his military runs "out of fuel and bullets," in a closed door meeting with U.S. lawmakers that followed the release Wednesday of a grisly video showing a captured Jordanian airman being burned alive in a cage by the terrorist army.
    I think they done screwed up...
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I think they done screwed up...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/photo-...132100812.html

When you bite off MORE than you can chew, you'd better have a good dental plan?

Am watching the prez talking about his request to use force against the idiots of I.S.

------------------

One of the most amusing things about his little speech is his use of the word, "We".

As in We are degrading IS, We are winning, WE, WE, WE, WE.

I wouldn't expect anything less from the man that killed Osama, by himself.

I have been hearing on the news that people who are here illegally and do not pay any taxes can file and get an income tax refund!!! How can the government justify this for any reason??? They should give us citizens a refund first if they want to throw money around. I'm living below the poverty level on disability and would love to have some extra money I did not earn!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I have been hearing on the news that people who are here illegally and do not pay any taxes can file and get an income tax refund!!! How can the government justify this for any reason??? They should give us citizens a refund first if they want to throw money around. I'm living below the poverty level on disability and would love to have some extra money I did not earn!!!
    I have a really stupid question: How can you get a refund if you didn't pay taxes in the first place? That means that the taxes I pay as a middle-class citizen could potentially go to someone who is not in the country legally and may or may not even need the money? *banging head on table*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm not real sure how it works, It has something to do with a special tax credit they are able to get for the next 3 years or something.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

In 2001 I remember watching a short news clip of some IDIOTS blowing up a pair of giant statues because it went against their religion.

A bit later two airplanes hit two buildings in NY, another crashed into the Pentagon and the fourth crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.

--------------

Fast forward 14 years and again, the news reports of some IDIOTS sledgehammering statues and burning some antiquities because they are viewed as false idols.

When I was growing up I loved to go to the LA County Museum and walk around the exhibits. The smell of the area where they kept the mummies, the fiberglass Aztec calendar.........life sized and bigger than me at the time. moon rocks, the button to fire off the jet engine. I learned about how an astronaut was able to use the stars to find out where he was in the universe. There was a saber tooth tiger skeleton, trilobites, the insect exhibit.

Have you ever seen a real Goliath beetle? The gems and stone exhibit......

-----------

I can't really say just how MAD I got seeing the clip back in 2001.

Would 14 years make me any less sensitive to the what I saw yesterday?

Nope.

------------

The saddest thing on the planet is the stupidity of people and their 'religious zealotry'. My god probably isn't bigger or could kick your god's arse in a fight? The 'gods' and books/manuscripts that they have destroyed haven't been relevant for years......so why would the have any impact to your religion today?

---------

I wonder what the people who wrote and built those monuments and books would think of the animals that destroyed their work? Imagine carving out a figure in stone, something that you probably didn't expect to last a few thousand years, just to have it smashed up in an afternoon of stupidity?

incredible........
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Just heard a piece of an interview with Donald Trump on Hannity.

Good lord the man is an idiot.

He was talking about foreign policy, and what should be done in the middle east. He stated that "For centuries, Iraq has counterbalanced Iran, and when we invaded Iraq we took away the counterbalance".

First, Iraq as a political entity has not existed for centuries. It has, with the exception of the Babylonian empire, been a piece of someone else's empire for most of history.

Second, "Iran" has not existed as a political entity for centuries. It is the core remnant of the Persian empire, until recent times named Persia, not Iran. The Persian and Turkish empires did fight over the territory of Iraq, as it's the geographical meeting place of their borders.

He started talking about the G5+1 talks going on with Iran, and stated "Those people are always good negotiators". "Those people?" Which "those" are you referring to?

He's a bumbling idiot.

He started talking about the G5+1 talks going on with Iran, and stated "Those people are always good negotiators". "Those people?" Which "those" are you referring to?

He's a bumbling idiot.
    Thank heavens all his runs for President have been for naught! Being good at one thing does not make you an expert in everything, no matter what he thinks!
    I've Been Frosted

To quote a favorite radio show of mine?

"well you have wasted another perfectly good (hour) listening......."

-faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thank heavens all his runs for President have been for naught! Being good at one thing does not make you an expert in everything, no matter what he thinks!
    I left out what would be a diplomatically damning comment. He stated that the Iraqis are no good, they just drop their weapons and run in the face of ISIL...

Idiot, the Kurds are Iraqis as well, as are many Iraqis who didn't cut and run in the face of ISIL's onslaught. Nothing like condemning a country for the actions of a comparatively few.

As an aside, teh interwebz iz aflame with commentary and comments on Phil Robertson's appearance at CPAC. Guys, he's a "reality" show star who's about as real as naugahyde. I'm not worried about what a reality show persona says about ANYTHING! I'm far more concerned about what the candidates themselves are saying, hence my post about The Trump Chump's interview. (apologies to Burke Breathed)
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 02-28-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Phil Robertson is a 'reality' star who may make controversial statements.....It's the 'reality' politicians who make controversial statements that get me to guffaw with gusto.....NOT only that?

I have stopped listening to the buzz on ANY 'reality news' program or channels - The news/political talk shows have turned into a forum/gathering/round table of buffoons, liars and chicken little types who herald the "end of all mankind" due to the stupidity of the people in charge.

Call me skeptical, but I really believe all politicians are morons? Stop with the posturing and phony "I care for my constituents" blathering. On second thought, Keep talking. That way you can get 150,000 dollars a speech after you leave office.....

The only two places you get paid BEFORE you show up and work is the sporting arena and political office. Imagine getting paid to be a loser?
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.