Thread: Politics and religion.

For those of you in Massachusetts, did you know "the shot heard round the world" was fired in New Hampshire

American history, as written by Michele Bachmann.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    For those of you in Massachusetts, did you know "the shot heard round the world" was fired in New Hampshire

She is quite cute as well. Think we can ship her off to Australia with the other historian?

Keep digging that hole ladies.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    She is quite cute as well. Think we can ship her off to Australia with the other historian?
    I agree - she is quite attractive. And another plus for her - she didn't up and quit halfway through her first term in Congress. She stuck it out and is now in her third term. She also has 5 children, and has been a foster mom to 23.

I think Wom is the perfect answer - he seems to have more knowledge of American history than she does

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

When I lived in New England I often visited Concord and Lexington, NH.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I think Wom is the perfect answer - he seems to have more knowledge of American history than she does
    Thankyou Gretchen.
    She would be a sweet partner to have.
    She has looks AND a sense of humour....now that TWO plus's.
    I gotta tell ya.....there's some people here who have less sense of humour than a house brick.....the ones that THINK they are educated

"I'm Back !!"

7. Sadly she lacks a brain to go with her looks and "sense of humor."

This was a prepared speech - not an "off-the-cuff." Doesn't she have some handlers who can connect the state she is in (physically ) with the appropiate information.

What she did would be a bit like making a speech in Alaska extolling the Civil War battles fought there.

It's not only long-ago history - she gets recent events wrong, also.

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was President. (April 28, 2009)
    This is the woman who wants to have lessons on the Constitution given to all Congressmen and women At the very least, she should have someone proof-read her comments.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Thankyou Gretchen.
    She would be a sweet partner to have.
    She has looks AND a sense of humour....now that TWO plus's.
    I gotta tell ya.....there's some people here who have less sense of humour than a house brick.....the ones that THINK they are educated
    I don't know who you are referencing here, John. I do know that I would prefer that people who represent me in Congress and/or Senate and/or White House have some semblance of knowledge. If one is going to speak about events that are documented in history books, one should be darn sure one has the facts correct, or one risks looking like a fool. If one does not know, one should keep one's mouth shut.

10. It must be difficult keeping history straight when you are busy worrying about ...light bulbs

This is what gets me about many of the Tea Party and their ilk....they prattle on about "The Founding Fathers" while being so ignorant about "The Founding Fathers." So they just rewrite history they way they think it should have been. Putting Lexington and Concord in New Hampshire - okay - many people are not good at geography - but to say those "Founding Fathers" "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

What...

The Declaration of Independence was 1776. The Civil War started in 1860. The 13th amendment went into law in 1865.

And they still weren't tired after working on something for 90 years? How old were these guys when finally "slavery was no more"? 150? Wow... Wouldn't it have been easier to write a constitution that prohibited slavery in the first place?

That depth of ignorance is startling on so many levels.

If they were so concerned about making 'slavery no more' why did some of them own slaves, eh George Washington?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    It must be difficult keeping history straight when you are busy worrying about ...light bulbs

This is what gets me about many of the Tea Party and their ilk....they prattle on about "The Founding Fathers" while being so ignorant about "The Founding Fathers." So they just rewrite history they way they think it should have been. Putting Lexington and Concord in New Hampshire - okay - many people are not good at geography - but to say those "Founding Fathers" "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

What...

The Declaration of Independence was 1776. The Civil War started in 1860. The 13th amendment went into law in 1865.

And they still weren't tired after working on something for 90 years? How old were these guys when finally "slavery was no more"? 150? Wow... Wouldn't it have been easier to write a constitution that prohibited slavery in the first place?

That depth of ignorance is startling on so many levels.
    Those new light bulbs aren't living up to what they said they would. The light is dim & proper disposal is a problem. It is like nuclear power plant waste & what to do with it?

Weren't a good part of our founding fathers slave owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Weren't a good part of our founding fathers slave owners?

Yes they were - which begs the question what was MB thinking of when she said this -
    "the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States....Men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country."
    Not only did she get the bit about slavery wrong, John Quincy Adams was only 9 years old while the Founding Fathers were doing their thing. She obviously got father and son mixed up along with the other errors.

14. And...John Quincy Adams died in 1848....still well before slavery was no more in the United States. He must have had a rather "unrestful" time in the grave for 20 years or so.

I wonder if Michelle Bachman knows her hero - John Quincy Adams - was a fan of high tarriffs (aka taxes) to be used to build infrastructure such as roads and canals and of a national bank?

Isn't that the kind of stuff the Tea Party doesn't like?

I don't know who you are referencing here, John. I do know that I would prefer that people who represent me in Congress and/or Senate and/or White House have some semblance of knowledge. If one is going to speak about events that are documented in history books, one should be darn sure one has the facts correct, or one risks looking like a fool. If one does not know, one should keep one's mouth shut.
    Some semblance of knowledge ???? Well I'm sure she does have that.
    Perhaps her forte is knowing more important things than history. Is she supposed to know EVERYTHING ???? Or do you think she should do what other so called smart people do....when in doubt consult a book ???? (Says a lot for knowledge that SMART people are supposed to have in the first place).

I find the woman unpretentious and well grounded in common sense....now that's gotta be better than some of the yoyo's who are in power who probably know the middle name of the first slave in the USA, but know buckley's about running a chook raffle.
    I mean gee.......you have an ex movie star and body builder in power in Cal.,
    because he is married to a Kennedy and has lots and lots of money ???? Says a lot for the voters in Cal. doesn't it ??? But you know, I'm just an Aussie, with my own humble opinion....who am I to suggest that Daffy Duck is more intelligent than Arnold.
    Ya gotta look deeper than the big words and the bucks old mate.

Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to maintain correct spelling, perfect positioning of smilies, capital letters where required, a perfect understanding of what a GOP is etc etc; the writer cannot be held responsible for minor mistakes made in this post. The writer hereby "Without Prejudice" ADMITS that he has not a clue as to where the first shot was fired during your Civil War (but he does know how to build an Olympic Village).

"I'm Back !!"