Page 6 of 257 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

That is precisely why we have crap for candidates.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    Why not? The world is a vastly different place then it was when Kennedy was President, and no one knew what he was doing behind the closed doors of the White House. Now, we not only know - we know within minutes of the happening.

Whatever. The way I see it, if one decides they want to run for public office in this country, they better be prepared to have every facet of their lives put under the microscope. If there is a skeleton, it will be found. I'm not saying that is good - it's just the way our world is today.

And for Heaven's sake, don't allow your child to campaign for you if there is a skeleton. Hillary had to expect that one day someone would raise the subject, and Chelsea might be the one asked. If she is worried about her daughter - keep her out of it. And if she didn't anticipate this, she does not deserve to be President.
    Great post Grace. Back in the Kennedy era the worst thing we had to concern ourselves with was that he was Catholic! egads! A catholic president! Will the pope rule the USA? (sarcasm here....) I can remember my mom being upset when Adlai Stevenson was running for president as he was divorced. Her thoughts.....'how can you govern a country when you can't even keep the peace in your own household?' My goodness what would she think of today's choices?

Nowadays *inquiring minds want to know* and I mean KNOW everything, some of which I wish I didn't know. I agree that when you are running for president you, your family, your grandparents, in-laws, etc., and yes even your daughter are under the microscope. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Great post Grace. Back in the Kennedy era the worst thing we had to concern ourselves with was that he was Catholic! egads! A catholic president! Will the pope rule the USA? (sarcasm here....) I can remember my mom being upset when Adlai Stevenson was running for president as he was divorced. Her thoughts.....'how can you govern a country when you can't even keep the peace in your own household?' My goodness what would she think of today's choices?

Nowadays *inquiring minds want to know* and I mean KNOW everything, some of which I wish I didn't know. I agree that when you are running for president you, your family, your grandparents, in-laws, etc., and yes even your daughter are under the microscope. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the race.
    I still think folks would have some issues with divorce, I don't know of any divorced candidates.....but I could be wrong.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I still think folks would have some issues with divorce, I don't know of any divorced candidates.....but I could be wrong.
    Well Giuliani was and I don't know about McCain. Cindy is his second wife. Did his first wife die or is he divorced?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Well Giuliani was and I don't know about McCain. Cindy is his second wife. Did his first wife die or is he divorced?
    Yeah that is true, I haven't really heard too much about McCain I think the democrats are both getting a lot more media attention right now.

I have been frosted!

I remember an interview with a reporter who covered the Kennedy admin during the Marilyn Monroe visits.

He made a statement about the late night visits-He said that the reporters knew exactly what was going on, but there was an agreement within the reporting corps that no one would write about or report on the matter.

Old boys club? Loose lips sink ships? Or was the threat of a leak and the possible sanctions against the press -no access to the pres, pres creds revoked or ????? - too much of a gamble for a reporter looking for a great story?

Now, I know possibly everything about the morons running for president.
    I found out about boxers, smoking pot, cheating and alcohol use.

Ex-Gov. Spitzer liked different stuff from his dates, his replacement did coke an pot. Mayors are falling like flies too.

Yep, Hillary, Chelsea and the Billster knew that this was coming....

So, why are we so paranoid about asking Obama about his pastor?

------------

Yeah, we got crap for candidates.

Don't blame me. Blame the idiots who are donating-ah, buying the office.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I disagree. As I understand it, the question was whether Hillary's accusation that the Lewinsky scandal was part of a ''vast right wing conspiracy'' against Bill impacts her credibility.

How in the world would a child ever answer such a question about
    a parent? I don't think she ever could. The question should
    have been asked (if it had to be asked at all) of Mrs. Clinton herself.
    Only she & God know why she chose to believe her husband's lies &
    try to place blame on anyone but her husband.

Tammy Wynette ain't the only woman to believe you should "stand by your man" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

Personally, I like the Carrie Underwood version better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlyWdXS8JU&NR=1
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just heard of Fox News that the Dems are thinking of running Gore as the presidential canidate with Obama as the VP (or Hillary. which ever they decide on)

I would be outraged at that!!! Why should Gore be nominated for the president when Obama and Hillary have both gone through all this whoo ha to get nominated. Besides, we've listened to all this fighting for them to do THAT?

The more I hear, the more I think I should just write my name in.
    (when we vote in November, I mean)
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Just heard of Fox News that the Dems are thinking of running Gore as the presidential canidate with Obama as the VP (or Hillary. which ever they decide on)

I would be outraged at that!!! Why should Gore be nominated for the president when Obama and Hillary have both gone through all this whoo ha to get nominated. Besides, we've listened to all this fighting for them to do THAT?

The more I hear, the more I think I should just write my name in.
    (when we vote in November, I mean)

Don't worry Moff, It'll NEVER happen.

I would vote for you, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I went back to the beginning of this tome. It all began because of what Jeremiah Wright said in church one Sunday. Are you aware that the particular segment, shown on YouTube, is taken out of context?

Wright was inspired by a white man, Edward Peck. Peck had a 32 year career with the U.S. foreign Service.

If you're interested, you can read about it HERE

I opened up that link and saw that it was posted on the site that is one of the most credible sites on the internet......For bull excrement.

Ms Huffington is one of the biggest hate mongers in the world.

Imagine, letting someone post on your site that you hope a person dies a slow painful death from cancer.

I bet being married to her would make a man swear off woman.

So what - the article is correct.

So what - the article is correct.

I guess since she was married to a politician (do the research on that train wreck) she is above reproach.

got it.

My goodness Obama's pastor seems to be a real piece of work. I hope that Obama is stating the truth when he says he would have left the church if Pastor Wright had not retired. Possibly he is trying to stamp out what is now a forest fire. I have to wonder about people who sit in churches where this kind of stuff is put forth. Thank God every church I have ever attended has stuck to the Bible and preaching what should be preached. I, for one, am glad this guy retired although he certainly has left a legacy of garbage.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/...tor/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    I guess since she was married to a politician (do the research on that train wreck) she is above reproach.

got it.
    Ah yes, Caesar's wife should be above reproach (suspicion). But it wasn't Arianna having the affair - it was her wacko husband. And supposedly she knew about his predilections before she married him. And she arranged to get a nice sum of $$$ upon the divorce.