Page 52 of 257 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

It's a sad sad day indeed, when we think what type of underwear ANYONE wears is any of our business!!! People get a life of your own and stop trying to live through someone elses underwear choices!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sped thru the Obama/60 minutes program on Sinday night.

Didn't really pay attention....But I saw on the news highlights the comment from Steve Kroft to BO.

"Are you punchdrunk?"

What kind of stupidity is that? If I was BO I would have answered, "Have you ever had your taxes audited thru you sphincter? Just kidding, Steve-o!"

OH, call me a hypocrite, but I would not be so stupid as to make a comment like that to the POTUS' face. MY comments are just musings from a disgruntled citizen, but SK is SUPPOSED to be a member of the media?

Give me a break.

Again, I didn't vote for the dude, but the office does deserve a little respect and I thought that the comment was one of the dumbest I have ever heard any 'talking head' make to a president.

What an moron.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I sped thru the Obama/60 minutes program on Sinday night.

Didn't really pay attention....But I saw on the news highlights the comment from Steve Kroft to BO.

"Are you punchdrunk?"

What kind of stupidity is that? If I was BO I would have answered, "Have you ever had your taxes audited thru you sphincter? Just kidding, Steve-o!"

OH, call me a hypocrite, but I would not be so stupid as to make a comment like that to the POTUS' face. MY comments are just musings from a disgruntled citizen, but SK is SUPPOSED to be a member of the media?

Give me a break.

Again, I didn't vote for the dude, but the office does deserve a little respect and I thought that the comment was one of the dumbest I have ever heard any 'talking head' make to a president.

What an moron.

Well , Obama has taken a lot of hits lately, so I think it's a fair question.

Besides, it's guy talk, right?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Well , Obama has taken a lot of hits lately, so I think it's a fair question.

Besides, it's guy talk, right?
    Nope, It's BS.

I could see it done off camera or as a little fun and games leading up to the interview....
    I think it was Bill O that had the dictionary meaning of the word and though I cannot get into SK's head, it was a a pretty stupid thing to say....

From the Merriam Web website...

1 : suffering cerebral injury usually from many minute brain hemorrhages that is a result of repeated head blows received in boxing and is typically marked by mental confusion, incoordination, and slurred speech
    2 : behaving as if punch-drunk : dazed , confused

Kinda like telling the guy, "Man, are you all there?"

Guaranteed that two 'regular' guys would have given each other the stink eye and something would have been said about someones maternal parent.

Nope, It's BS.

I could see it done off camera or as a little fun and games leading up to the interview....
    I think it was Bill O that had the dictionary meaning of the word and though I cannot get into SK's head, it was a a pretty stupid thing to say....

From the Merriam Web website...

1 : suffering cerebral injury usually from many minute brain hemorrhages that is a result of repeated head blows received in boxing and is typically marked by mental confusion, incoordination, and slurred speech
    2 : behaving as if punch-drunk : dazed , confused

Kinda like telling the guy, "Man, are you all there?"

Guaranteed that two 'regular' guys would have given each other the stink eye and something would have been said about someones maternal parent.

I don't think Obama's ego is that fragile. This was an informal conversation.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

6. This is fascinating. The same man who defends insulting the military of...in fact the whole nation of one of our closest allies...

...takes offense at a slang expression used in a interview that he admits he did not watch all of or watch what he did very closely.

Punchdrunk....okay..."meaning have you been hit so many times you are dizzy." Wow...I can see how that is insulting...

I would suggest actually WATCHING the entire interview instead of just picking out words.

I know BO could not have thought up of the new term for "War on Terror"- He doesn't write the teleprompter speeches.

WTF is it with these morons who think that by changing the words WOT to some simplistic wordage -it was Overseas Something Innocuous- that the world will be a better place?

A spousal abuser is still some bully that kicks their SOs arse.
    Same with the 'combatants' at Gitmo-they are the enemy.

I guess the new word for presidential cabinent members should be changed to High Level Morons.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I know BO could not have thought up of the new term for "War on Terror"- He doesn't write the teleprompter speeches.

WTF is it with these morons who think that by changing the words WOT to some simplistic wordage -it was Overseas Something Innocuous- that the world will be a better place?

A spousal abuser is still some bully that kicks their SOs arse.
    Same with the 'combatants' at Gitmo-they are the enemy.

I guess the new word for presidential cabinent members should be changed to High Level Morons.
    You mean kinda like garbage man is now sanitation engineer?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You mean kinda like garbage man is now sanitation engineer?
    Yeah,

I think the term that's to be used, per the WH email that circulated is, "Overseas COntingency Action".

And since the reporters can call BO "punchdrunk", I'll call on him to see if the Special Olympics has a political arm, just in case.

Yeah,

I think the term that's to be used, per the WH email that circulated is, "Overseas COntingency Action".

And since the reporters can call BO "punchdrunk", I'll call on him to see if the Special Olympics has a political arm, just in case.

"A rose by any other name"....and a terrorist by any other name is still a terrorist.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yeah,

It's actually "Operation" not "Action"

Don't worry about Obama, he's fine.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Speaking of words and their meaning, has the word Christian changed
    it's meaning lately???? This quoted article is from from a Christian organization.

Burt Prelutsky was a TV writer a long time ago. Then he aged
    out of it and became a crank. This wasn't one of those major loses like
    Steinbeck. Now he writes a column for Townhall.com, the popular website owned by a Christian radio network.

Here's something from his current offering:

Take Michelle Obama...please. Every time I turn around, there she is on a magazine cover. Now, normally, like the Mafia, I lay off the spouses, but inasmuch as this particular spouse attended the same racist church as her hubby for 20 years, I'll make an exception in her case. After all, in spite of the fact that affirmative action got her an Ivy League degree and a $7,000-a-week salary and, moreover, has sent billions of dollars for no particularly good reason to Africa, she insists this is a mean country. The burning question in my circle is: if the First Family gets a female dog, will she be the First Bitch or will she have to settle for second place?
    Get it? Because "bitch" had two meanings!

Ah, Christian-sponsored humor. That's not just funny. That's Jesus funny.

Weird that Burt Prelutsky doesn't work more. Because that "take my wife... please" bit is also pure dynamite. Must be ageism.

Naturally, the left-wing media is now trying to convince us that this James Brown-look-alike has all the allure, glamour and fashion sense of Jackie Kennedy.

She's not pretty, for heaven's sakes! She's black! She's a black bitch!

You can read the rest at Townhall. The Internet home of culture warriors Dennis Prager, Bill Bennett and Michael Medved.

(Who have all, by the way, written about Barack Obama's horrible, shocking association with that racist hatemonger Jeremiah Wright. Who called America an ugly black bitch. Oh wait, he didn't.)

(They've also all written columns bemoaning how angry and mean liberal humor is.)

If you read Burt Prelutsky's columns, you'll see that he isn't a racist; he just has a lot of thoughts -- I mean a lot -- about how black people should behave. If Langston Hughes had talked about black people as much at Burt Prelutsky does, someone would have told him to sit down.

Here's another Burt Prelutsky column from Townhall:

If we were a racist society, Oprah Winfrey, your fairy godmother, certainly wouldn't be a billionaire; she'd be fetching someone's mint julep. And Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice wouldn't grow up to be secretaries of state; they'd be sweeping out the stables. And Will Smith and Denzel Washington wouldn't be movie stars; they'd be in the fields picking cotton.
    That's awfully big of us, letting Denzel Washington rise so high above his station. Thanks, Burt. Thanks Townhall. (Cross-posted with Stormfront.)

The executive editor of Townhall is Hugh Hewitt. His current column is about how terribly offended he was when Barack Obama made a joke about the Special Olympics:

We should hope President Obama makes more than apology. We should hope he makes good.
    By getting me a julep.

Now, if there's one thing I hate worse that playing gotcha with a joke that goes wrong, it's using guilt-by-association and high dudgeon to score cheap political points. But I gotta ask:

Should we hope Hugh Hewitt apologizes for publishing sad old Burt Prelutsky?

How should he make good?

Oh, the Christian broadcasters who own Townhall, the site that says Michelle Obama is a bitch and Will Smith is lucky he's not picking cotton.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It's actually "Operation" not "Action"

Hmm, No wonder I was a c student on poli sci.

---------

Hey,

it was o.k. for people to talk for the last 8 years.

So why the disharmony now?

THis makes me laugh because foul mouthed radio hosts came out and called people far worse and no body gave a flying, Mach 1 crap. So now someone calls a few names and people are getting mad and blog about it,

I can see the idiots that seethe, then purge a fat pile of steamy......opinion, post it, them some other righteous idiot dissects it, posts about it and nothing is done or said.

Ohh, he called a Woman of Strength a name.

That makes all the rest of the planet Women of Weak?

---------------------

I think I'll go plug into some rap right now, Biatches!

I think Obama could do a great service to the Special Olympics by taking the chalenge and bowling against the SP Gold Medal winner.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I think Obama could do a great service to the Special Olympics by taking the chalenge and bowling against the SP Gold Medal winner.

LOL, like a Vlad Putin style of press op?

Um Ah........Do you think....ahh........ummmm that the SP has a.......ummmmm
    debate um team?