Page 87 of 257 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    RM reminds me of my older sister. Not a good thing, Oh, I do tune in to her show also-not for long, but I do tune in!

The link doesn't go!

I'll find it on the site!

That's strange. Can you just do a copy and paste of this -

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/25859.html

That one works for me - right now.

What?

No shopping or traveling?

I stand corrected! She's a real great politician!

----------

Have you ever seen her hubby?

I wanted to see what he looked like, but have passed on 'googling' him. I want to wait until he appears on his own accord- No, not driving an Accord,
    That family seems like the Town Car Elite!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If you never heard of Senator Richard Lugar, you are seriously stupid
    about Politics.

Lugar? Is this another 2nd amendment issue?

----
    "stupid" (by meriam webster) slow of mind : obtuse b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish

maybe "ignorant" fits better?

"ignorant" 1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>

These are not the droids you were looking for

So you really should tune in Rachel Maddow one evening. She does not cut guests off, nor does she talk over them. She interviews all sorts - last night there was some far right person. You could sort of tell from her expressions how she felt about him. But she was consistently polite, and thanked him for coming on.

Last nights show was especially interesting. She doesn't ask the "usual"
    questions which makes for a good conversation.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4079175.story

Reporting from Washington — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, insisting at the start of a long and politically heated summer congressional recess that healthcare reform can be achieved this fall, today are calling the disruption of "town-hall'' meetings by vocal protesters "simply un-American.''

"We believe it is healthy for such a historic effort to be subject to so much scrutiny and debate,'' Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Hoyer (D-Md.) write in an Op-ed essay published by USA Today.

Since I stupidly obsess about my reps, I am going to call Steny Hoyer a moron, just to balance things out. And I am going to make fun of his name, too! Steny?

Dissent is good?

Yeah, when she is not the subject of the public's ire..
    I love it.

When our reps start asking that the attendees show courtesy at these THMs they should be reminded that they show us no courtesy when they go to Washington and make us believe they are there in our best interest.

The new, young, hip regime in power is going to have to deal with the old, cunning and way smarter voting blocs. BO didn't count on people, who have worked most of their lives to get what they have, getting mad.

In Health Care, the rule is 'We cannot give you the care you grew up with, so suck it up."

-------------------------------

Now, I don't think that anything good comes out of people yelling at each other, but these two dimbulbs should keep their opinions to themselves. It's really UnAmerican to call Americans UnAmerican.

I am going to move to Russia next year. Their president doesn't play basketball.

He rides horses, sans T-shirt and is way more manly than OUR president.

I have seen my leader bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4079175.story

Reporting from Washington — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, insisting at the start of a long and politically heated summer congressional recess that healthcare reform can be achieved this fall, today are calling the disruption of "town-hall'' meetings by vocal protesters "simply un-American.''

"We believe it is healthy for such a historic effort to be subject to so much scrutiny and debate,'' Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Hoyer (D-Md.) write in an Op-ed essay published by USA Today.

Since I stupidly obsess about my reps, I am going to call Steny Hoyer a moron, just to balance things out. And I am going to make fun of his name, too! Steny?

Dissent is good?

Yeah, when she is not the subject of the public's ire..
    I love it.

When our reps start asking that the attendees show courtesy at these THMs they should be reminded that they show us no courtesy when they go to Washington and make us believe they are there in our best interest.

The new, young, hip regime in power is going to have to deal with the old, cunning and way smarter voting blocs. BO didn't count on people, who have worked most of their lives to get what they have, getting mad.

In Health Care, the rule is 'We cannot give you the care you grew up with, so suck it up."

-------------------------------

Now, I don't think that anything good comes out of people yelling at each other, but these two dimbulbs should keep their opinions to themselves. It's really UnAmerican to call Americans UnAmerican.

I am going to move to Russia next year. Their president doesn't play basketball.

He rides horses, sans T-shirt and is way more manly than OUR president.

I have seen my leader bowl.
    So, if it's healthy for HCR to be the subject of scrutiny and debate, then how are the protesters un-American. That makes no sense.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    So, if it's healthy for HCR to be the subject of scrutiny and debate, then how are the protesters un-American. That makes no sense.
    It makes more sense if the entire article is read.
    (Nancy Pelosi/USA TODAY)

We believe it is healthy for such a historic effort to be subject to so much scrutiny and debate. The failure of past attempts is a reminder that health insurance reform is a defining moment in our nation's history — it is well worth the time it takes to get it right. We are confident that we will get this right.

Already, three House committees have passed this critical legislation and over August, the two of us will work closely with those three committees to produce one strong piece of legislation that the House will approve in September.

In the meantime, as members of Congress spend time at home during August, they are talking with their constituents about reform. The dialogue between elected representatives and constituents is at the heart of our democracy and plays an integral role in assuring that the legislation we write reflects the genuine needs and concerns of the people we represent.

However, it is now evident that an ugly campaign is underway not merely to misrepresent the health insurance reform legislation, but to disrupt public meetings and prevent members of Congress and constituents from conducting a civil dialogue. These tactics have included hanging in effigy one Democratic member of Congress in Maryland and protesters holding a sign displaying a tombstone with the name of another congressman in Texas, where protesters also shouted "Just say no!" drowning out those who wanted to hold a substantive discussion.

Let the facts be heard

These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views — but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades.

Health care is complex. It touches every American life. It drives our economy. People must be allowed to learn the facts.
    Entire article here.

I'm not gung-ho on the health care thing right now, but I do think constant disruptions of these meetings will certainly not educate anyone.

It makes more sense if the entire article is read.

Entire article here.

I'm not gung-ho on the health care thing right now, but I do think constant disruptions of these meetings will certainly not educate anyone.
    I have read the article and it still makes no sense to call people un-American for protesting. They call it "drowning out the facts"; that in itself is insulting because it implies that only their side have the facts, i.e, the truth. Shout downs don't solve anything but I can certainly understand frustration at the feeling of not being heard.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    it still makes no sense to call people un-American for protesting.
    I've been thinking about this, and, of course, you are correct. Protesting is part and parcel of the history of this great country.

It's the yelling and screaming that bother me the most. And I know there was plenty of that in the 18th century. But when folks yell and scream at each other, no one gets the message - so how are we to make sense of it all?

Talking & asking questions are fine, but coming to meetings with a
    protest rant, is not helpful at all. Not letting all voices be heard is not
    democracy. Shutting off the normal give & take of a discussion, just
    builds frustration & halts progress.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Talking & asking questions are fine, but coming to meetings with a
    protest rant, is not helpful at all. Not letting all voices be heard is not
    democracy. Shutting off the normal give & take of a discussion, just
    builds frustration & halts progress.

Sayeth the crazy Code Pink protestors. LOL

There are elements on both sides that partake of this behavior. I have seen video of morons being stupid and I have seen arrogant members of Congress ignoring and denegrating their constituents.

So much for "dissent being the highest form of patriotism".
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Sayeth the crazy Code Pink protestors. LOL
    Are you referring to women against the war? I had to google Code Pink, as I didn't know what it was.

If it is, then I guess I should join, as I have been against the war since Bush launched it in 2003.

Are you referring to women against the war? I had to google Code Pink, as I didn't know what it was.

If it is, then I guess I should join, as I have been against the war since Bush launched it in 2003.

If in-human screaming in a high pitch voice, with the objective being drowning out the person speaking is your goal.... You would fit right in with Code Pink.

Code Pink are 60's era hippies who never grew up. But, they certainly do have their right to free speech. In fact, I encourage them to exercise that right.... Because everytime they do..... They show their ignorance.

Personally, I am torn on the current conflicts. Having been deployed to less than desirable places at government expense, i've seen this enemy, face to face. Had the motive been real, we could have ended it LONG ago. But sadly, the motive is to make money for certain companies.... So the war drags on.

I learned everything I needed to know the day we were read our ROE in October 1993. Thus the reason why I HATE our current government. How many GREAT men and women have been buried in the name of politics? By BOTH sides... I can name a few. I consoled on of their mothers, at his funeral.

Vote them ALL out. ANY incumbent. Make this a government OF THE PEOPLE.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Code Pink calls the USMC criminals, and you think you should join Code Pink.

Code Pink has a counter recruitment movement for military service, and you guess you should join Code Pink.

It now seems to me, the purpose of your "In Memoriam" thread isnt supporting our men and women in uniform.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.