Here's another story that will put HR's comment into perspective.

lol, you may think that I am siding with him?

I worked at night in a hospital and had to deal with the admitting office.

I walked in one night and the clerk was trying to get some info from a Mexican couple who were expecting a child.

From around the corner I was listening to the conversation and heard the clerk ask the couple, "Que es el nombre de telephone?"

She was asking them for the name of their telephone!
I was laughing because of her frustration and her question.

With that, she walked around corner and said something about Mexicans and them not learning English.

I got effing indignant and went to translate for them. When I finished I was really ticked off and left the office.

BTW, She was about 6 foot, as Germanic as they come and had a really hard attitude when she was there-it would have been a good fight had we locked up!

I hated her with a pink and purple passion for a long time afterwards.

-----------

Hmmm, is she really racist?

Setup? A small admitting office, desk in the middle, with chairs front and back.

Same scenario, but with a caucasian couple who were expecting.

The woman was heavy duty into the Lamaze thing. She was sucking air and kept chanting, "I am going to have my baby here!"

Ann stood up at the desk, put her closed fists on it, leaned over and hissed at the woman, "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE THAT BABY IN MY OFFICE!"

The woman stopped breathing and went quiet.
She had her baby in the OB ward.

Now I am thinking that this beeyotch is crazy! She hates everyone!

--------------

As time went by, I found out that she wanted kids very badly and was unable to conceive!

AHA! She hated everyone with serviceable uterus!

Years later I told her about the "nombre" incident and we had a wonderful laugh about it.

She wasn't a racist, she was crazy!

----------------

How crazy?

The day admitting clerk was a black woman who was just as mentally ill.

She was pregnant with her first child and the same night clerk told her that she was going to have a white baby.

Black babies are born pale and their skin gradually darkness at time goes on.

When the baby was delivered the woman freaked out! I could only imagine the scene from "Alien". That didn't come out of me!!!!!

We worked together for a few years and I learned about people, race and culture from them both. It was wonderful and always will think kindly of those two people.

We were a true rainbow coalition that never, ever hestiated to help each other out. We laughed about ourselves, our backgrounds and the color of our skin.

-------------------

Maybe HR has a problem with ebonics. I sometimes I listen to a rap song and cannot make heads or tails of the lyrics.

Does that make me racist?