Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
Suggestions ????
Private charities for starters. Private charities with STANDARDS. Stop making it beneficial for unwed mothers to have MORE children. Make it beneficial to live in a nuclear family. Not necessarily married, or even straight.... But a mother and a father figure. I know a lot of single mothers and it is HARD. Raising my daughter I see how important the different things my wife and I bring to the table are. That also makes me realise just how tough it is for single moms. SO please do not think I am sour on single parent homes. I just hope for dual parent homes as much as possible. It matters.

I know private charities work better than anything government could ever do. I KNOW it. I see it. We (my evil, profit making company) donates our valuable time, resources and material to several awesome private charities. One of them being an abused womens shelter. But, they have STANDARDS. If they burn a drug test, they are OUT. The kids go to a pre-screened, PRIVATELY funded foster family and the parent who broke the rules is on their own.

Harsh? Perhaps. Fair? You bet.

HARD time limits on public welfare. Make public welfare recipients WORK for it. I am tired of driving by the public housing units in my town and seeing 22inch wheels on the Mercedes, being driven by people witih cigarettes and beer.

I can add more, but it's time for the nightly Scrabble game. LOL

G'Night.