Page 15 of 257 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracefulsarah View Post
    Yes, but how long after the election will she wait until she has BO assassinated?
    I've thought of that too!!! Nothing she and Bill do would surprise me!
    I'm gonna write my own name in!!! I wonder how my 4 cats would like living in the White House!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Shouldn't she wait to be offered the position?

Why be shy about it?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Gracefulsarah View Post
    Yes, but how long after the election will she wait until she has BO assassinated?

Funny.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Why be shy about it?
    I don't think "shy" is even in her vocabulary!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Why be shy about it?
    I am hearing reports that people feel she is stealing Obama's thunder on his big day by inserting herself into the picture. They say that timing is everything.

Gracefulsarah, you are not the first person whom I have heard make that comment.

MOFF you have my vote!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Hey, I resent that! I am from a small town and my dad always had guns around. (yes I know how to shoot one too!!! Don't like them but can still shoot them)))
    Now be nice or I'll whack you with my Bible!!! (and I have several of those too!!!)))
    Sit with me and let's talk this over......I got some chaw and 'shine to help pass the time!

-------

I went to Catholic school, women with bibles in hand don't scare me....

---------

One thing that makes me giggle silly is the people "behind the scenes" who are running the campaigns- the advisors.

They are like lawyers with out the degree...They try to paint a rosy picture of the person that hired them, they get paid, win or lose-They come up with the dumbest strategies. I think they are scummier than the politicians themselves.

[QUOTE=Pam;2020359]
    Gracefulsarah, you are not the first person whom I have heard make that comment.
    QUOTE]

She just scares the *!#$ out of me. I don't think there's any level she and/or Bill wouldn't stoop to in order to be "in power" again.

Edit: I can't get the quote thingy to work properly. Hmmm...
    Visit my photography web site! http://www.purplepenguinphoto.com
    0.1.0 German Shepard/Chow mix (Kiley)
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa (Nelson)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
    1.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Sampson & Delilah)
    *Sammy was Pet of the Day!!*
    http://petoftheday.com/archive/2007/September/06.html
    Please click and view my dragons! They need clicks to grow:

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Sit with me and let's talk this over......I got some chaw and 'shine to help pass the time!

-------

I went to Catholic school, women with bibles in hand don't scare me....

---------
    How about a woman with a Bible, a splitting headache, and 4 grouchy cats?
    Scared yet?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Scared yet?
    I think that's it!

----------

Did anyone see the story about the 'artist' in New York that did a show on HRC and BO? He put up window signs that said The assassination of HRC and BO. I was watching a Mexican TV station and couldn't follow all the details. I think the Secret Service-Oh, lol! I almost wrote the SEACREST SERVICE! -made him take down the word assassination!

I really shudder when I hear something like that. I know that we all have the freedom of speech, but it's a spooky thought anyway.

Two things come to mind, the movie Taxi Driver and the book, DEAD ZONE, by Stephen King, also made into a movie.

We really don't need anything like that happening during the run up to the election.

Scared yet?
    That reminds me of an old Paula Poundstone routine about being President while PMSing. "You're starting trouble while I'm retaining water?!" she shouts.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I was feeling kind of bummed about HRC not winning the race until I
    saw this article today. Pretty much sums up the whole thing.

Keeping the pace to the finish line is a win for Clinton
    Mary Schmich
    June 6, 2008

Thank you, Hillary Clinton. Thank you for not quitting before it was time.

Clinton has driven a lot of people nuts by staying in a contest they decided should be over because they wanted it to be. They wanted her out before the vote in Indiana. Before the vote in West Virginia and Kentucky. Before Puerto Rico, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota.

And every time I heard the self-appointed umpires try to end the game while Clinton had a plausible chance, even a small one, I thought of a story one of my sisters told me a long time ago about running high school track.

Because my sister was fast and strong, the coach sometimes made her run with the boys. Girls running with the boys may not sound like a big deal, but in those days it was almost as noteworthy as a woman running for president.

So my sister ran with the guys. But whenever she reached the last stretch, she slowed down, which meant a boy always beat her.

One day the coach called her over and pointed it out. Girls had a habit of doing that, he said, but don't. Don't quit early.

Whether we've all consciously recognized it—and a lot of people haven't yet—it was important that Clinton not quit early.

For her candidacy to matter as much as it might, for it to genuinely advance the possibility of a woman as president in some year before the ice caps melt, she needed to keep the pace all the way to the finish line, even if she didn't cross it first.

Has Clinton been the perfect female candidate? There's no such thing, not if perfect means a woman who can command the votes and respect of everyone, or of every woman. Women are just like everybody else: We vary. So do our political tastes.

So, no, Hillary has not been a perfect candidate; some of what she's said and done has made even her supporters wince.

What she has been is a tough, smart, energetic, passionate campaigner who attracted almost 18 million voters and ran neck-and-neck until the very end.

That's as amazing and inspiring as the fact that she was outrun by Barack Obama, the son of a white Kansas mother and a black Kenyan father.

This week CBS News released a poll on Clinton. It showed that seven in 10 voters think her candidacy will make it easier for other women to run for president.

Seventy-six percent of Democrats said it would. So did 63 percent of Republicans. If she'd quit the race before now, those numbers wouldn't be so high.

"I think she changed forever our understanding of the possibilities of leadership," Gloria Steinem, quoted in the Boston Herald, said this week. "She showed such courage in the face of a media that was trying constantly to get her out of the race and all the misogyny . . . She put up with that with grace. She enlarged my vision."

And then Steinem—a famous feminist who had ardently backed Clinton—said she's going to campaign for Obama.

That's good sportsmanship and good timing, the spirit Clinton should display on Saturday, when she's scheduled to officially step out of the race and endorse Obama.

But if Clinton had gotten out much sooner, we would have spent a lot less time thinking and talking about women's place in politics. Although that would have suited a lot of people fine, we're better off for the discussion.

From here on out—absent some astonishing plot twist—two men, as usual, will be running for president. May the best man win.

But let's give some credit to the woman who broadened our vision, who showed us that girls don't always quit early.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good article.

My opinion on women doing anything is this.

If a woman wants to compete with men, go for it. But, do not complain about getting dirty, literally and figuratively.

By the same token, the men she competes with should offer her the same competition that they would afford another man.

By that I mean, Don't slap her arse during or after a game, don't pull a strength move that she can't match, use guile, brains and a little finesse..
    I have been in some of the most satisfying games (behave yourself!) with women when I have played-as opposed to trying to out muscle- them.

----------

Gals will always get the short shrift, menopause, monthlies, hormone comments. The most dangerous opponents to any woman politico are the AHs like Dean and Pelosi- the female basher and the old crow who can't stand to see woman ascend to something they can't or will never be.

They only care for end result, should BO get the House. The salivate over the chance to show up on the White House door step, hat in hand and remind the him about the color of lipstick they were wearing when they kissed his arse.

Ah, politics!

----------

By the same token -no pun intended there, god knows you can't say anything these days without someone playing the race card- I heard two interesting news stories/clips about women and politics.

The woman who called BO and 'inadequate black man'. I was waiting for the backlash of protest against the media for playing the clip of her saying that.
    Nothing, nada, zilch.

Then a guest on a news show was asked about who she was going to vote for.....She hinted that her vote was going to BO becaUse he is a ROCK STAR!

WT Ever Loving F does THAT mean?

Why not put Mick Jagger in? Bob Dylan? Axel Rose?

We love our rock stars, but they come with a severe handicap. Drugs, alcohol, vapid personalities and not the best judgement.

Everyday I see a little more clearly.

No one questions BO is inadequate and a rockstar.

God, Have mercy on our souls, our country and the state of Rock and Roll.

AMEN.

Remember this little fact in a few years from now.

There is a heat wave that starts from the tip of Florida and stretches into the Mid Atlantic area.

In FLA there have been blackouts from an overloaded electrical network.

"I can't charge up my electric car to get to work!"
    From on extreme to another.

Think about this when you vote in November.

-------------

Oh, Hybrid means.....

Hey, You Bought Right In to the Drivel!

Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.
    Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.