Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow ~ Ashley's girl has gone to the bridge...

Ashley, I'm so sorry for your loss. So much sadness on PT lately. Shadow was a beautiful girl, she will be missed. Your in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Oh Ashley I'm so sorry to hear this news. Shadow always seemed like such a sweetheart, I know you and your family loved her very much. We'll all miss her, I wish I would have had the chance to meet her.

Have fun at the bridge with all of the other PT dogs beautiful girl, we love you.

I am so sorry, Ashley. I think everyone on PT will miss your beautiful girl. RIP dear Shadow. You will always be loved.

April 2nd, 1996 a sweet little Rottweiler came into this world. I was called up and rushed over to my Aunt's house to witness the miracle of birth. As the puppies grew, I was there, the curious little 8 year old that had only ever wanted a dog to call her own. I witnessed the docking and the dew claw removal, I was there when they opened their eyes and they became my favorite playmates as they grew.

Six weeks after the puppies were born I came home to a very special surprise. Shadow was mine. I had no clue that such a thing would ever happen and I was in disbelief. But my dream had come true, only she was even more special than I ever could have imagined.

As the years went by the lazy puppy turned into a strong, stunning adult. We'd "race" the neighbor girl and her Boxer on rollerblades constantly. It was one of Shadow's favorite activities. There I was, an 80lb ten year old with her 100 pound young Rottweiler...on rollerblades. Most would think that that would be a deadly combination, but Shadow was special. Shadow was raised in a house full of children, as my mom did daycare, and she was always the gentlest giant. Many times we'd dress her up, pretend she was the horse for our fake carriage, lay on her or read her a book and she never once complained.

Shadow taught me many things in life. She taught me patience; she was the first dog I ever attempted to train, and she could be extremely stubborn. She taught me endurace; whether it be rollerblading or going for walks she was always ready to go and I had to try hard to keep up with her. No matter what the weather conditions were, she always looked forward to our adventures. She taught me tolerance; she was always so gentle with everbody, and even took the additions of the rest of the Hoodlums in stride, even if she was an only child for 6-7 years. She taught me unconditional love; no matter what she was always as happy as can be wagging her little stump. But most of all she taught me how amazing dogs really can be. She was a dream come true to me and was a once in a lifetime dog. She made my passion for dogs grow and my love for Rottweilers stronger.

I will never forget her quirky love for jets. She could be laying in the garage and come running out to bark at a streak in the sky. We never did understand it. Or the way she loved ice cream more than anything. If we went for a walk and started heading towards her ice cream place she'd pull me the rest of the way there. Or the way she'd go between your legs when she wanted a good ol' butt scratch. It often surprised guests when she did it the first time, and it was always funny watching Shadow trying to go between the legs of somebody shorter. I loved the way she hopped a little when she barked, or growled when you hugged her. We always said it sounded like she was saying "awwww". I loved it when she'd beg and to get your attention she'd suddenly look out the window, at nothing, and growl. You'd ask her who was out there and she'd stare intently at your food. Like, see, I'm defending your house, I'm a good girl now give me food. I'll never forget the first time we went to the lake when she was just a puppy and she fell in the water. She was terrifed after that and never wanted anything to do with swimming. Or she'd chase our 4-wheeler at the cabin through the woods. We'd make my dad slow down so she could ride in the trailer with us. She loved cuddling in front of the TV as well. If you had a blanket and a pillow and were on the floor you were fair game. Most times she'd end up with your entire pillow and most of the blankets by morning. She was never much into playing with toys but she did have a favorite. A little purple dinosaur that she absolutely loved. She liked to sit at the top of the hill in the backyard and bark at the people below. Even before we ever fenced it in, she wouldn't go past that hill. She also loved the winter when we went sledding. She'd chase us down the hill on our sleds and grab our gloves, it was her favorite winter activity. I could go on forever, she was the best all around dog, we could take her anywhere and do anything with her.

I already miss her more than words can describe. She will always be my cow dog and I will always remember the big lug.

I just wished I could have been there when the decision was made. It hurts that I never got to say a real goodbye to my sweet girl. However, I am so thankful I got to spend her last week home with her. I'm going home tomorrow and I am dreading it more than anything. A Shadow-less house just isn't going to be the same.

I have some pictures and videos and I might make a memorial video when I have more time and when it doesn't hurt as much to go through them.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody, it means so much to me.

What a wonderful tribute to Dear Shadow. She certainly was a special girl.

Ashley, thank you so much for sharing that with us. Shadow was a very special girl, and I think she had a special place in the hearts of many Pet Talkers. I am once again reminded how much you can love, and hurt when you lose, a dog you have never met. I have been wondering if you were there when Shadow made the trip or if you were at school. I am sure it is hard not having been there to say good-bye, but the most important part is that you were always there for her when she needed you and shared many special and loving moments with her. {{{Hugs}}} I will be looking forward to the pictures and video.

I'm so sorry. I'm just seeing this

Rest in Peace Shadow Play hard at the bridge sweetheart

You were such a lovely girl and you will be greatly missed by all.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh such a sad time in PT So many precious pups are departing I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Shadow. What a darling face she had, so gentle and kind. I never had the pleasure of meeting Shadow, but I can tell she was a very dear soul. Please accept my condolences Rest in peace, dear sweet Shadow.

I am so sorry for your loss. So many loved ones lost recently. It breaks my heart to hear they have left.

Play free at the bridge Shadow. You will be missed.

RIP, dear girl, you are now a Shadow in the Wind, brushing past Ashley's cheek, nudging gently on her leg, letting her know you are near and doing well. Keeping and eye on the little girl you loved, who grew into a woman as you outgrew your puppyhood. You both grew up together a bond which will unite you both for Eternity.

RIP, dear girl.

Unhappy

omg I am so, so sorry Ashley! I LOVED her! Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) she was a gorgeous rottie girl and will always be remembered.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Beautiful tribute, Ashley. {{HUGS}}

I am so sorry for your loss.

*hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl!!! Bless you for sharing it with us and letting us see a part of the special bond you had with Shadow. My prayers are with you.