Thread: New hammy probs!

New hammy probs!

Ever since i got a hamster for my brother my hamster has been acting super weird. They are in the same room but not close and my hamster escaped the other night and managed to cut Humphrey(the new hamster). My hamster has also started running manically around his cage and he never ever used to do that. He used to be a super cuddly hamster that would fall asleep on my lap. He has also become very tertorial and has started spraying everything with his scent. Has anyone one else had theese problems and is it because of Humphrey or is it something else? PLease help! I want my old hamster back!!

Thanks for the great sig ellie!
    Sophie xoxoxo

It might be a good idea to put the hamsters in separate rooms, it might be because theyre both male and maybe timmy doesnt like the fact that theres another bloke on his turf.

thank you so much for the sig ellie! (whisk_luva)
    Jades animal friends;Pickle;RB Blue;RB Purple;Mitz
    RB Peanuts;RB Sweetie;Puss Puss;William
    RB Ripple- 1996-23/7/2007;Treacle;Spot;Red

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

Timmy might have some 'male' problems that are causing him to act so much more...odd. I keep most of my hamsters in the same room with no problems. The only thinga nd the best thing to do would be to have them and separate rooms, wash your hands before/after handling either of them and never ever let them meet(which you would have to do anyways).

I am worried about the cut on Humphrey. Is it deep, look rather gross/pussy, bleeding still? But if it is just minor then look here: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/inde...78&#entry92578
    Under C: Minor Cuts.

I use it for my hammies when they get cutes/bites which I haven't had to done in awhile actually and it works very well and if they manage to lick any then it doesn't hurt them.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Thanks for the advice. I thought it wouldnt be a problem (them being in a room together) but it is. I am not allowed to move him rooms. Which may sound weird but I have reasons. The only other thing, when Timmy escaped from his cage and attacked humphrey he did it again just as his cut was healing. I was holding timmy and he jumped out of my arms ran out of the room into humphreys and attacked him again. It was weird because we were in a different room and he just ran straight to him. The cut is ok now and is healing but timmy is still weird! HELP!!

Thanks for the great sig ellie!
    Sophie xoxoxo