Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puppy love

puppy love

My dog is obsessed with a certain chaire in my house. sometimes I let her sleep on it and she wants to stay on it all day the next day.
    Does any one elses dog(or cat)love a certain chair also?
    Kendra Mc.

All of ours have favorite places, Dudley LOVES his dog bed that I got at an auction. Dogs are definitely creatures of habit. We have dogs that won't eat unless their bowl is in a certain place and one won't eat unless she has a ceramic bowl....they're just like us!! lol

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Rio's favorite place is attached to mommies knee.

Jazz's favorite place, everywhere Rio is.

Hmmm, now that you mention it, ours don't have a "real" favorite place. They are so accustomed to going everywhere, laying with us on everything (even on daddies lap on the recliner) that they don't have one.

Come to think about it, I guess the first 2 statements were true.

Now favorite toys......different subject.

oh yeah, Tango perches his your butt on the top of my sofa. He sits there like the king of the world. He also likes to steal my pillow and gives me the most pitiful look when I try to take him off of it.

Julie does

Julie LOVES under the table, thats where she sleeps... and where she stays like all the time! weird huh? wonder why she likes it there so much
    your buddy, Michelle

Yes, Dakota definately has a few favorite places to sleep. However, the one we find her in most is the chair. It is a recliner, yet it rocks when it's closed to she just jumps up there and goes right to sleep! It's so cute, but we've been trying to teach her that the furniture is not hers so she doesn't belong up there so it's kind of a pain that she won't listen and stay down. Even when we are home she tries to get up there.

Deisel's fav place is behind the chair in the livingroom
    Phoebe's fav place is anywhere I am!! Or the couch

Raustyk is whever I am or the couch, Mylo loves to squeeze under this little tiny end table, and Nanook loves his dog bed.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Malone also *Loves* to sleep under the dining room table...even more so if all the chairs are pushed in. I think it's cause he feels safe under there, like it's his little den. After we saw how he really likes small enclosed areas (under the desk is another) we went for crate training. I thought it was mean at first, but he really really likes his crate. I guess they were den animals at one point, weren't they.

OK enough of a ramble...

When my dog does sit on her favorite chair and i try to get her off she gives me this pitifull look or she rolls over and wags her tail as hard as she can it's soooo cute!
    Kendra Mc.

Smokey loves MY place in the bed. Every night, he'll jump and snuggle in right where mommy is gonna lay.
    So every night mommy says "Smokey that's mommy's place. Get off." And he gets down , lets me lay and then jumps back up and squeezes as close to me as he can.
    Hours later I wake up with him in the spot and me almost on the other side of the bed.
    It's a good thing he's so cute.

I guess Bob`s favourite place to be is in his crate, at least that is where he tend to end up. Other times hes just lying around on the floor somewhere. I never really trained him not to get on the furniture, he just doesn`t, never really tried to, even when he was a pup. Other dogs I have had did get up on the chairs, sofas and beds, but maybe because Bob was crated from the very first day I had him is the reason he doesn`t, and also why he now regards his crate as his `den` and goes to it a lot.
    Having said all that a couple of months ago he began getting on the sofa to look through the window, like as though he just discovered he could. It was/is very odd. Anyway, I don`t stop him, he seems to enjoy looking our so much He doesn`t lie on there or anything, once he`s had enough of looking out he gets back down on the floor. Though it can be a bit of a pain when Im sitting on there too and he sees something interesting and starts doing a `dance`with his two back legs with his tail swishing in my face! LOL.

Gracie, our German Sheperd, is not allowed on furniture. However, she does have a favorite chair to hide behind. She only goes back there when she has stolen a "prize." She's quite good so sometimes I don't realize she has swiped a blanket, rubber band, whatever, but then I see her peering at me from behind her chair and then I know that she's stolen something. If she ever gets a new spot, I'll be in trouble

I think Smokey's favorite thing is when he does get to lay in my spot, using my pillow, in the morning.

I put him downstairs w/ his breakfast and an open door to go potty. He does his stuff, I get in the shower and when I come out of the shower he's always laying in my spot all curled up & watches me get ready for work.

I love my doggie.

I have the exact same experience with Tango. He is always resting all over my pillow when I get out of the shower. I think to myself, Gosh it must be nice to be a dog!