Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please help me, to help a wandering pupper!

No. I have not seen Isaiah in quite awhile . I feel deep down in my heart that he is gone, but I hope so badly that I am wrong. My bad thoughts are more solidified by something my dogs found on the river shore. I'm not sure if you all want to hear those details. I don't know that it was Isaiah, but I'm very happy I did not find what a found any sooner. I wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I dearly miss Isaiah's sweet face and wish that wherever he is, living or dead, that he is finally in peace, in place without pain, where no one will hurt him anymore. I pray that he will feel the love and acceptance that every sweet creature deserves. He was counting on me, and I feel I let him down. Wherever he is, he will always be in my heart. Isaiah was a special boy, and whether he knew it or not, he will always be loved.

I'm so sorry Jenny. I was kind of hoping you would have better news. I was looking forward to adding him to our family. If that was Isaish, I hope he's at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for us. Now I'm really sad.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Ahh. I am sorry to hear the sad news.

Don't ever feel that you let poor Isaiah down. You did everything that you could. You were probably the only one that ever loved him, and I am sure he knew and appreciated that. Whereever he is lets just hope that he's happy.

-Diana

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Jenny, I'm so sorry too. Unfortunately there will be times when even our best isn't enough to save one.

You did your best. And I'm sure Isaiah knew it.

Mary

I just read the story of Isaiah from start to finish and want to say that you may have helped him more than you know just by letting him see that someone did care for him. I wish I had read this whole thing sooner because I would have at least offered you an idea that has worked for me lots of times.....not every time, but more than I can count. To rescue a very scared stray who needs help right away, a trap has worked really well. I get them on loan from my local animal shelter/humane society. They are basically a long cage in which you set the smelliest food you can find at the far end. They are spring loaded; when a dog goes in, he must go all the way to the far end where the food is. When he steps in that area, the open end of the cage where he went in falls shut. It does not hurt them because the dog is in the deeper end, by the food. However it will scare them! 2 thing are very important--when you get the cage you must be prepared to sit somewhere nearby for hours & hours watching, because people will steal them! Also you want to remove the cage & dog as soon as he is trapped & not leave him in that vulnerable situation. You might also need help moving him because the cage & dog can be very heavy. But I have caught dogs this way who were very smart & wary; it just takes a lot of your time & patience. I sometimes bring a pillow to sit on & water for myself. Can you ask your shelter if they have such traps & go look at them, on the chance you might see Isaiah again? If you do see him again, you might want to get a trap quickly. Or, if you're totally convinced you'll never see this sweet dog again, maybe this info. can be of some help to you with some other stray in the future. (It has worked for me with cats too, though not quite as well as with dogs.) Sorry this message is so long, and so late! I'm sure everyone reading your story feels like I do, that you are a good & caring person for trying as hard as you have to help Isaiah.
    C J

God bless you Jenny you did try and thats whats important. Like CJ said you showed that poor dog love. And maybe by all this being written it will help one of us get a stray to safety.

Ever since the first time, I saw Isaish, I saw my sweet Addie in his eyes. The way she looks at me and lets me see deep into her soul. Isaiah did the same thing. Whenever, I look at Addie I see a bit of Isaiah. It's hard because it reminds me of his absense, but in a way, it also keeps him with me. I know that Addie and Isaiah have had similar hardships in their lives, and share a bit of the same sweet abused abandoned puppy soul. I am so greatful to have been able to save Addie and I think the loss of Isaiah reminds of how lucky Addie and I are to have each other. Addie thanks me everyday in her precious doggy ways, for rescuing her from the hell that was once her life. We will always share a special bond. She is my heart and I will never take her for granted.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. They mean a lot.

Jenny, I almost hate to ask, but what was it you found by the river that made you think you'll never see Isaiah again? I'm still wondering if there is any chance at all of seeing him again. CJ

Originally posted by C J
    Jenny, I almost hate to ask, but what was it you found by the river that made you think you'll never see Isaiah again? I'm still wondering if there is any chance at all of seeing him again. CJ
    We found a skeleton. It was too big too be a cat and I have never seen any wild animals that large in the area. My dogs usually run and sniff and try to eat the fish and small wild animal remains they find. This time they just stood there looking at it. They were very calm and quiet, which is nothing like them. I have no way of knowing that was Isaiah, but I don't know that it wasn't. Wherever he is, I hope he is at peace.

Wow, it almost sounds like your dogs "knew" something. But on the other hand, maybe it was a poisoned animal & they knew to stay clear. Our Bassett Hound once found a skeleton near the river bank, in a place no dog could have gotten to without a lot of trouble. It was dog-size but we couldn't tell what it was. For remains to be skeletal, wouldn't they have had to be there a long time? How long has Isaiah been gone now? I truly hope you will see him again, or if not, that he is at least not suffering any more. C J