Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ms.Puss 08/20/2002

Ms.Puss 08/20/2002

well, it is 8:00 p.m. here now...
    i put Ms. Puss to sleep at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon....i've only just come up for air...my fiance helped me bury her at the base of a maple tree in our yard...she always loved this house...she was with me when i built it....i stayed with her when she went to sleep and wished her a good journey to The Rainbow Bridge...she'll be healthier there....God, how i miss her already...
    i am going to make a plaque for her grave...it will read:

For My Dear Ms. Puss:

Oh Harried Orphan
    Who Found Tender Refuge in My Hungry Heart
    Sleep Now in Peace
    You'll Be in My Heart Forever

i don't know how old she was...she found me in dec.1994..2 months after i lost my dear 19 yr. old dog Scrubber...i rented a house while i was looking to build...2 weeks after i got there...she was on my back porch every day...maybe the tuna i left out had something to do with it...but the moment i opened the door for her to come in...she went right to the master bedroom and jumped right up on my bed...she never left...since she was full grown at the time...i never questioned her age.....the vet thought her to be alot older than the 8 years that i had her....it seems like i had her so much longer.....
    i couldn't watch her suffer anymore...though she had all other normal signs....her crying for food because she couldn't eat properly...and a feeding syringe didn't work..and her hair falling out all over was something i couldn't stand any longer...she wasn't her normal self...though as the vet said...a fighter till the end...she really did just go to sleep...no suffering...no lingering....she didn't feel any pain...in the long run, i guess it was kinder.....
    though my heart is breaking for her now...i can't stop crying for her....
    i'm sorry to burden you all with this...but as cat lovers, i know that you'll all understand.....
    please say a prayer for Ms. Puss...that her journey to The Bridge is a swift and safe one...
    thanks for listening,
    Nicole

This is a portion of a letter that i sent to Randi....she has been supportive and kind throughout Ms.Puss' illness....
    then i realized that all good Pet Talkers are supportive and kind...i couldn't write again about my dear Ms.Puss...so i copied a piece of it...thank you
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

O I am so sorry about Ms. Puss. YOu did the right thing and she sounded liek a great cat. The plack is so thoughtful and I know she will love it.

Ms. Puss you are greatly missed and your owner loved you very much. I am glad you cna now roam in the heavens and have no more pain.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh, Nicole, what a hard decision to make, but one that was in the best interest of your precious Ms. Puss. You kept her from suffering. That's a good thing, and you gave her a wonderful home to live in. I'm so glad you stayed with her until the end. I did it when my Kaycee died and I have never regretted it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.

Logan

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know what your feeling.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh, Nicole. You are right we understand. Deciding to let an animal go is one of the hardest things in the world. I'm sure Ms. Puss knows how much you love her and that this was done out of that love. I had to do the same for my Lucy in 1999. I bet Lucy will show Ms. Puss all around the Rainbow Bridge. Just cling to the fact she is no longer in pain. You will be together again. My prayers are with you.

Rest in Peace, Ms. Puss ~

Dear Nicole ~

We're all so sorry for your loss of Ms. Puss...

Try to remember all the wonderful times She shared with you after you first rescued her.

And Ms. Puss will always thank You for this last rescue of kindness - from Her own failing body...

Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge, Ms. Puss.

/s/ Phred

Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You did the right thing for Ms. Puss so that she didn't have to suffer any more. Now she can play at RB without any pain or suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

{{{Nicole}}},

The new angel at the Rainbow Bridge loves you dearly and thanks you for years of love and care. I'm so sorry that she suffered so, and that you are suffering now that her pain is ended. Hang in there.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Thank you all for your kind thoughts....i really needed them tonight....
    i don't remember who suggested the petloss website...but it is very good...i can order a rainbow bridge tribute for Ms.Puss with her photo on it...so thank you again...

you are all very special and caring people at Pet Talk....i really appreciate it.....

Ms. Puss and i thank you all
    Nicole
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Nicole, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how your heart is breaking. It never goes away, it just gets easier. But it takes a long long time. Keep in mind that if love kept us alive, none of us would ever die.
    Godspeed to the Bridge, Ms. Puss. Give Kisses to all the pet talk babies that are there, you will know who they are. Tell them we love them and remember we love you too, and we will see you one day again. God Bless, we love you Ms. Puss
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Nicole,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. We are deeply saddend for your loss.

Katie, Kit, Louie & The Beans.

Delidog, I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Ms. Puss. I know how much pain you will have to go through because of your loss, but I hope that the fact that she is no longer in pain will help you heal quickly. You kitty will always be in your heart, and she died knowing how much you love her. Ms. Puss will always be remembered and greatly missed by all of us Pet Talkers.

Delidog/Nicole, I'm very sorry for the lost of your sweet Ms Fuss,my thoughts are with you.
    I always wonder how these little criters steal our heart!
    A maple,what a nice place to have a forever rest.
    You meet, you share, you part,that's life! And we can't help it! You sure gave her the best of the lifes and I guess somewhere there's a sweet kitty waiting for your love and Ms.Fuss will get a big smile in her face at the RB.

Koxka

Rest in peace , sweet Ms.Puss !!! You are happy now at the Rainbow Bridge ! Please say hello to my beloved RB-cat Sydney ! He is there since July 22 ; you will have a great friend in my Sydney !!!

Dear Nicole , be strong now ! I know that this seems impossible to you now ; you are heartbroken now and it is as if your whole world is falling apart ..... ! I lost my dearest Sydney a month ago . ALL Pettalkers were so supportive and helped me to cope with this terrible loss ( thanks again for this !!!) . Someone gave me the advise to get a new cat ; Thanks to my greatest PT-friend Niina (Casper & Kitty) , I found a cat-shelter , where I got my new cat Maya !!! Well , Nicole , believe me , this little rascal is really helping me to get over Sydney's sudden death !!! She will never replace my sweat Sydney , but I am able now to cuddle a new pet and give her all my love !!! Believe me , it helps !!

Take care , dear Nicole !! If you need someone to talk to , send me e-mails or a Private message ! I am always there to comfort you !!

Bye bye litle angel Ms.Puss !

Dear Nicole, we're so sorry to hear about Ms Puss. What a dreadful few weeks on this forum. Our thought are with you.

Nicole
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy