Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat eats elastic???

My girl Bieli did that a few months back. My mom was babysitting while I had to go away. I came home and while cleaning the litter I noticed something odd. I actually took it out and realized it was a rubberband.
    She was fine. no biggie.
    Is yours still OK?
    Thanks for all your help,
    C

well......sorry I didn't update this sooner. I never found the elastic in the box but she had no negative effects so it must have passed (thank god)

PS-The pic of the two cats in the last post LOOK JUST LIKE MY TWO BABIES!!!!

My very old cat even eats stuff like ribbon off of presents and she always throws up I don't know how to keep her away either.

ahart44

My cat Baxter does not eat rubber bands but he finds some I missed. He brings them to me in carry it in his mouth. And then he drops it for me and then I tell him how good he is and give him cat treats.
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I agree, keep a close eye on her - and what's in her litterbox. I do hope it comes out in the other end! Just a few ago I saw an operation on a cat who had swallowed a string, it can get quite serious if not taken care of.

All you can do to avoid this, is to keep all string, yarn, elastic bands etc. in a safe place. If she is young, she will tend to explore, so keep an eye on her.

One time, my cat was in the process of swallowing some yarn, but luckily I was there to see it, and I pulled it slowly out.

She may want some cat grass, try that!

Good luck - and welcome to PT.
    Hi, is cat grass safe? My cat seems to want to always munch on her hard food and I can bet that she isn't hungry...she also gets soft food too. I thought about getting that for her but does it upset their stomach or is it safe? Thanks