Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sophia's poor little mouth....Update #25 with pic

Sophia's poor little mouth....Update #25 with pic

Sophia could use some good vibes today. This morning she was washing her face. She's a bit obsessive about that! Everytime she pawed her mouth she let out a loud mew. She's a talker and always mewing about something, but this was distinctly different sound and clearly unpleasant for her! When I lifted her lip, her little gums are all red and swollen.

Sophia has already lost many of her teeth. She was found as a stray with a horrible gum infection. That was almost exactly a year ago. It's part of why she lives with me. When I met her, her little face was all swollen and she was miserable. I kinda flipped out on the shelter board about why they were letting an animal in their care suffer. I felt a bit obligated after that and brought her home. She's become my little snuggle buddy.

My vet clinic keeps a couple slots open for emergency appointments. Sophia is off to the clinic at 2:30 today.
    Last edited by Glacier; 03-10-2008 at 09:40 PM.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

POOR SOPHIA!!!!!!!! Our Raven(COTD 12/9/04) came to us with such bad teeth, two visits to the vet later, Raven had all her teeth removed. I hope that your dear Sophia will be feeling better after her teeth are taken care of. No fun for cats or humans to have problems with their teeth!!! SUPER vibes and prayers for dear Sophia!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I was wondering this morning how the beautiful Sophia was doing. But I sure would have preferred happy news

Poor Sophia - prayers and good thoughts headed your way for a speedy resolution.

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Have You got Your Kleen Skrubbies all ready ta wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

Sophia could use some good vibes today.
    Sophia is off to the clinic at 2:30 today.

We'z hopin You signed in onna "Assist" fur dis wun.
    See iffin You anna White Coats kan get Mis Sophie all fixed up inna Toofie Department.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Oh poor Sophia, that must be painful. I hope the vet can give her something for it and she'll be painfree.

Sending positive throughts. Good luck, little girl!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Positive vibes being sent to Sophia. Hope she is feeling better soon.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Gentle healing prayers on the way for sweet Sophia.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well Bo Bo And Joseph Have Lost Most Of Thier Teeth And They Are Doing So Much Better Now. They Can Eat What They Used To And Are Putting The Weight Back On.
    Is Sopia Losing Weight And Does She Have Bad Breath, Then The Teeth May Have To Be Pulled.
    We Are Praying That Things End Up Well For Dear Sophia.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw, Sophia, I sure hope the white coats can give you some immediate relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    My vet clinic keeps a couple slots open for emergency appointments.
    Oh Tamara, I thought this was going to read:
    My vet clinic keeps a couple a slots open for me.

Oh goodness, that's not good. How is Sophia doing now? Better, I hope.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Oh Tamara, I thought this was going to read:
    My vet clinic keeps a couple a slots open for me.
    Well, I'm sure sometimes they do! The receptionist commented today that she recognizes my truck now so she had everything ready before I even got in the door!

Gary, Sophia has already had major dental problems. She has very few teeth left, especially in the back of her mouth. She hasn't lost any weight, but that's probably because she only eats soft food anyway. She very rarely eats kibble.

Sophia is going back in on Monday for a dental. She will likely loose the few teeth she has left. Jessica(her vet) is going to try and save her fangs. She doesn't have much inflammation in the front so they might be saveable. I suspect the rest of them are gone this time.

Sweet little Sophia, my mushpot kitty, turns into a spitting, clawing demon cat at the clininc. She got a manicure as she was trying to slash everyone. We had to get a tech to help hold her so Jessica could look in her mouth. I find it kinda funny that my two most affectionate cats, Sophia and Glacier, both act like wild cats at the vet, but my house feral, Polly Paws, suddenly wants to cuddle when she's at the clinic!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Good luck to Sophia with her dental visit. Poor thing.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Sophia - let them help you to feel better sweetheart
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

We Are Sending Prayers For Sophia, Especially The Tooth Challenged Cats, Who Know What Poor Sofia Is Going Through.
    We Hope That This Time Fixes Everything!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good luck Sophia, we also know what you are going through. My Patchs loss her teeth becouse of the diabeties and after about a year she could eat dry food, but her favoret was still water mellon.
    GILL & Crew;