Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack's last photographs

Sorry I am so late posting on Jacks last pictures but when I first saw them and took one look I just started crying so hard I couldn't do it. I know NOBODY misses him like you do but being a part of our PT family it hurts us too. We have lost a member of our family...

Looking at the pictures just makes me want to snatch him off that computer screen and hug the daylights out of him. He was SO handsome!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Katie, I am so very sorry to hear that Jack passed. I had no idea. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that you can feel some comfort in knowing Jack loves you, and is still there with you. If you need anything, I am only a pm away. Love, Katie and kitties

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Jack sure was a handsome boy. I'm sure that Sunny is going through a grieving process just like you are and hopefully in time things will return to being more normal again. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thanks for these pictures. Jack was a happy cat. Give Sunny some kisses for me. Hugs to you.

What a beautiful cat, and so loving and well loved in return. Thank you for posting them.

My deepest sympathy to you. We are saying prayers for you and your angel.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel who has joined all the other angels in welcoming Jack
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you everybody for you kind words. I am devastated as you know.
    I have bought a cat journal to write letters to Jack. I read about in on a pet bereavement website and thought it was a good idea, so I can write letters to him about how much I miss him, how much I love him, and what he is doing now and everything I think about him. My thoughts that are there, that I need to express.

Has anybody else done anything like that? Kept a journal or written letters?

I am also going to make a scrapbook album of photographs of him too so I have a nice keepsake.

Has anybody else done creative things to help them mourn and grieve?

Kate

What beautiful pictures of Jack. Words just don't seem to comfort when we loose someone as dear as Jack was to you. (((HUGS))) Please give some extra lovings to Sunny for me as well, she is grieving Jack's loss as well.

When I lost my first fur-baby "Tony" I made a special collage frame with some of my favorite pictures of him. I also had his remains returned to me and he sits now with his sister Tigger right above my bed. I have a beautiful print picture of a tabby kitty looking out the window of a house. The kitty is looking down a gravel path. I have this print right above Tigger and Tony and it comforts me as the print reminds me that my babies are waiting for the day when I will come walking down the path to see them again.

I think your journal to Jack is a very lovely and touching. Again (((HUGS))) ---Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Those are wonderful pictures of Jack. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I had not heard of keeping a journal, but I think it's a great idea.
    When our Cocker passed Bruce made a memorial slideshow including pictures and video. There are some creative people here on PT, maybe someone would be willing to do that for Kate...? I would, but I'm not so creative.
    Also, when my brothers dog died I made a collage frame of pictures like Meg mentions above for the family.
    We also have DJ's (the cocker) remains on a shelf along with a couple pictures of him, two of his collars and his favorite toy.

I hope you can find comfort in writing in the journal to Jack. Please give some loving to Sunny for me.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)