Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack's last photographs

Jack's last photographs

Here a couple of pictures, from a few we took of Jack on Friday and Saturday before he passed away on Tuesday evening. I am glad I have photos of him from his last days with us at home, seeing him settled although he was having breathing difficulties, he was still happy.

You can see how thin he is in these pictures compared to other pictures I have posted in memorial. He was very ill. Although I don't like to think of him as being ill, I'm still glad I have these pictures.

I have truely never known pain like the pain I am in now.
    Kate

Jack was a beautiful boy, and he had a great life. He was a character, and it is hard to believe just how much you miss them when they are gone. It is good that you have so many lovely pictures and videos of him though. That is so important.

How is Sunny reacting?

Sunny is okay, though she has searched for him around the house, and has spent ages smelling everything, particularly things that he used, sat on etc.
    I am a bit worried about her, and she does seem a bit depressed, she's a quiet cat anyway, and keeps herself to herself, but I know there is something different about her, she seems sadder somehow. I think she is definately missing him, and pining somewhat. We have been giving her her usual cuddles and kisses and she's sleeping with us in bed as normal, but I am sure she is feeling sad, as she has a different look on her face, her expression is different, she has sad eyes. It hurts me to think of her as missing him. I also think she has picked up on the mood of the household, and can tell that were are upset, where I have been crying a lot.

LES here; what a darling boy Jack was. I know you miss him more than anything. Sunny has to miss him, too. I'm glad you have these pictures, too.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

That is very true that cats do pick up on your mood. She will know how upset everybody is. I am glad she is still cuddling with you and sleeping on the bed. I suppose it is just a case of keeping an eye on her and trying to keep her engaged with you.

Please give her a little hug from me.

I have done the same thing just before the cat was leaving for the Bridge. We have these pictures, but I like to remember them when they were racing about the house, knocking things over, the rumbles, etc... Jack was a good looking fellow. His eyes spoke volumes and you can see he was much loved. Thank you for sharing the photos with us... take care of yourself... Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!

Such sweet pictures of your boy Jack. It's so different in the house after one of our furkids passes over to the Bridge. There's a huge empty space that no one and nothing can fill. After my Peeka died, for days her brother Boo went from room to room looking for her. On her last day at home before she went to the hospital, I said to him "Why don't you go comfort your sister?" and he walked right over to her, snuggled up and put his leg around her and stayed there. It was touching but heartbreaking at the same time, bittersweet. Your emotions will be raw for a while but you have so many good pix and memories to comfort you. It will get better w/time. I wish I could take your pain away but, unfortunately, only time can do that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The pictures of Jack is so sweet and I'm glad you have them. He was such a wonderful boy, and I know how much you miss him, as Sunny does. I hope it will be a comfort to you that he's right there in your garden and you and Sunny can go to visit him. The pain will go away in time, but until then, give Sunny some extra cuddles.

Sending big hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Give Sunny some extra cuddles for me. I know that she is missing Jack
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Jack Is Such A Handsome Cat, And Loks Splendid In His Wings Of Silver And Gold.
    Last Night They Were Playing With The Tasmanian Devils, Who Are An Endangered Species.
    They Are Going To The Diamond Island Resort, And Jack Will Stop In And See Sunny.
    He Knows He Missed And Will Bring Sunny Some Snacks From The Beach Sanck Bars, So She Will Sense His Prescence And Not Be So Sad.

I am so sorry you had to lose your precious Jack all too early in his life. He is a beautiful little soul and will always know he's in your heart.

I'm certain Sunny is grieving as you are. She has lost a friend and things have changed. This will make her sad for some time. Give her lots of love - it'll make you both feel better

Take care and cry when you have too - it does help

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

these are so sweet ... thinking of you again today [[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

{{{{hugs}}}}
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Jack was such a beautiful boy. He was very lucky to have you in his life.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I've come back to this thread dozens of times and each time some major LES comes on because I remember the pain that overwhelmed me when I let my Speckles go. Both of you were so lucky to have each other.

What a beautiful boy. RIP sweet Jack.
    {{{hugs}}} to you Kate.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.