Thread: Helppp..

Helppp..

Bennie (my cockatiel) doesn't really like eating vegetables. I know it's not good to feed a strict seed diet and occasionally, i'll get her to eat some lettuce or broccoli, but most of the time she doesn't want anything to do with anything other than seeds.

How can I get her to eat more vegetables, fruits and other healthier things?

The best you can do is to continue to offer it to her. How do you give it to her? In a bowl? My cockatiels don't eat fruits and vegetables too well from a bowl. My friend feeds her birds on a plate, maybe Bennie would prefer that? I usually use a close pin to clip foods onto the cage bars, my birds eat really well that way.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    The best you can do is to continue to offer it to her. How do you give it to her? In a bowl? My cockatiels don't eat fruits and vegetables too well from a bowl. My friend feeds her birds on a plate, maybe Bennie would prefer that? I usually use a close pin to clip foods onto the cage bars, my birds eat really well that way.
    Yeah I usually just chop them up thinly and put them inside of his food dish. I thought maybe because his food dish is familiar to him, he wouldn't hesitate eating out of it. But, i will definitely try the plate and pinning it on his cage. Thanks so much!