Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

New season, new format for "Next Food Network Star"... they are already assigned to teams. i think the candidate who got eliminated was p***ed because she didn't get to prepare the course she wanted, it came out in her presentation and she tried to cover it up by saying she was so passionate about her POV that it came across as anger. I was most impressed by the guy from Hawaii.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I figured she'd be the one to go. She never spoke up first when any of the options were offered, then was annoyed she got stuck with the last one. She just did not seem ready emotionally or food-wise to be a FN Star. Pretty, sure! But in the "stew room" before the decision, they showed her saying "I think I'm a good cook ..." which was an immediate red flag. If you are not confident you are a GREAT cook, or chef, none of the rest matters on this show! And her food looked like something I have seen a million times before, no "twice" whatsoever!
    I've Been Frosted

I disagree with tonight's elimination. I thought someone from another team should have been cut. I'm not liking this team idea too well. Let the season go on, though...

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Once again I think they made the wrong decision. The runner up has been given those same instructions over and over and over again -- but no change. Oh well, we'll see what happens next week.

I was okay with last week's elimination. This week I think the judges were absolutely wrong.

Has anyone else been watching "Around the World in 80 Plates"? It seems really interesting, and a good idea!
    I've Been Frosted

Hey, anyone still watching "next Food Network Star?" Who are you rooting for, if so?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hey, anyone still watching "next Food Network Star?" Who are you rooting for, if so?
    Yep, I am! I'm rooting for Yvan.

I'm happy with the choices made by the network as far as who gets a pilot. Just one disappointment for me. I like the outcome of Alton's team best!

I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but I like most of the folks who are still in the running as of last week!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, I had forgotten that at the end of last week Nikki had not yet been eliminated. I never did like her, she just seemed somehow artificial to me.

I watch a lot of shows on which people can vote, but this is the first time we voted for anyone! (I say "we" because one is allowed 10 votes per day, so Paul voted once).
    I've Been Frosted

Is Martie the only remaining finalist who doesn't live in New York City? Talk about a home field advantage... Justin's pilot gave me an impression of him as a "mini-me" of Alton Brown. I wouldn't be too likely to make Caesar salad with aspic and grilled romaine. I liked Yvan's pilot the best because it was about food and his family. Michele's chowder didn't look anything like what she was eating at the restaurant, and since I don't entertain a lot, I'm not likely to watch Martie's show. However, I'm thoroughly biased after two seasons of Chicago's own Sandwich King, Jeff Mauro. He's got such an extroverted personality and such a focused POV that I think he's a tough act to follow, so to speak.

Is "Big Daddy's House" still on? I'm just trying to figure out where the previous winners are now.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Is Martie the only remaining finalist who doesn't live in New York City? Talk about a home field advantage... Justin's pilot gave me an impression of him as a "mini-me" of Alton Brown. I wouldn't be too likely to make Caesar salad with aspic and grilled romaine. I liked Yvan's pilot the best because it was about food and his family. Michele's chowder didn't look anything like what she was eating at the restaurant, and since I don't entertain a lot, I'm not likely to watch Martie's show. However, I'm thoroughly biased after two seasons of Chicago's own Sandwich King, Jeff Mauro. He's got such an extroverted personality and such a focused POV that I think he's a tough act to follow, so to speak.

Is "Big Daddy's House" still on? I'm just trying to figure out where the previous winners are now.
    Michelle is not from NYC, further North! I DVR Big Daddy's House whenever it is on, I have not seen it in a while, but I can never tell when one of their "Seasons" is gonna start. We record Melissa D'Arabian's show, and I'll watch it if there's anything she's making that I could maybe eat! Michelle said she was making clams, not chowder.
    I've Been Frosted

And the winner is ... not the finalist I wanted to win; but the one I expected would be the winner. That's okay. I'm sure this person will do a great job. I am not going to say who won in case anyone hasn't seen it (Don't look on the FN Web site; they've already shared who it is). I'll do this: The next Food Network Star is (winner's name here)!

I would have been happy with any of the final three, and wonder if they will give the others shots at shows as well, like they sometimes do!
    I've Been Frosted