Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Yes, Paul and I looked at each other and said "I hope Vic doesn't go home," and Paul accurately predicted who they did send home. For some reason they just never seemed to like her.
    I've Been Frosted

I wasn't surprised about last night's elimination. I wonder what Jeff's potatoes fried in suet tasted like -- somehow that doesn't appeal to me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh my goodness, Jeff almost blew it last night on mayonnaise. Bet he'll never use bottled mayo again!

And Penny - holy cow - was she trying to sabotage Mary Beth? Alton Brown called her out on camera.

Edited to add: I would watch all three of their shows... Sandwich King, of course; Mama's Boy- that sounds to me like it would be classic Italian comfort food, and there's just something about Vic that I like; and I know I would learn a lot from watching Susie, plus I like Mexican food. So let's just end it now. Give them all a show. Plus I keep thinking that the year Melissa won, her competitor Jeffrey seemed to have a lock on it; and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Jeff.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-08-2011 at 01:35 PM.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh my goodness, Jeff almost blew it last night on mayonnaise. Bet he'll never use bottled mayo again!

And Penny - holy cow - was she trying to sabotage Mary Beth? Alton Brown called her out on camera.
    And she wasn't even subtle about it. I mean, how immature is that?

I would not be surprised if the Food Network gave Mary Beth a show of some sort anyway, like they have done with other people with strong camera presence who didn't win!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm good with the outcome. I wish they would give each of the top three a show, because I would watch every one of them!

Exactly - I am guessing they will give at least Mary Beth a show of some sort, and maybe find a way to give Susie one, too. I still DVR Arti's show, Melissa D'Arabian's show, and "Big Daddy's" show, and there seems to be plenty of room, as they each only have a couple of months of shows a year, it seems.
    I've Been Frosted

I just saw the winner of the TNFNS on a morning show.

One thing that has always bugged me about the program is the way that they make the contestants pump up the personality levels.

The Sandwich King/Dude/Kid make a Greek sandwich and fried plantains.

He rushed thru the recipes and sounded so frantic that I got lost a few minutes in.

During the segment he kept repeating some saying to the host about them tasting his food. "Get into it, get into it...." It sounded like he was begging them to eat his food!

The one thing that always gets me about the FN is the conflicting recipes/terms that they use. He misused a term in the recipe that made me laugh.

A 'tostone' is term used when frying plantains. It has to do with the how they are cut before frying. They are cut into circular pieces, fried, flattened and refried.

The term comes from the shape of the plantains, they look like coins. The plantains were cut into log shapes!

He probably didn't do the prep work on the food he cooked, but he didn't correct the error.

I'll probably give him a gander to see if he is more relaxed during his show.

I imagine it was pretty rushed and stressful doing that right away! We'll DVR his show and see how he does!
    I've Been Frosted

So has anyone been watching Top Chef Just Desserts? It kinda seems like the Pastry chefs are nicer people in general than savory chefs!

And has anyone else seen the new show "Sweet Genius"? Talk about weird ingredients ... how is incorporating Peking Duck into a dessert going to prove you are a "genius?" I watch it, and it's kind of fun how the contestants are given an "inspiration" for each round - a carousel, a Faberge egg - and the judge does allows them to explain their interpretation of how their dessert reflects the inspiration, in needn't be too literal, which is fun ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So has anyone been watching Top Chef Just Desserts? It kinda seems like the Pastry chefs are nicer people in general than savory chefs!
    Who doesn't like a nice dessert?

I think that everyone likes cake, pie or something sweet, check out the faces around a table during that course..

THere does seem to be a different vibe to the show.

So is anyone watching Top Chef: Texas?

What do you think? I was glad they eliminated the person they did this week, as other people (Lindsay particularly) messed up the steaks, even though Ty-lör (what do you wanna bet his parents originally spelled his name Tyler) was willing to take the blame.

There just seem to be a LOT of chefs this season, I don't have a real favorite yet. And is anyone watching "Last Chance Kitchen" online? It's where the just-eliminated chef goes up against whichever other eliminated chef won the previous week, and eventually whoever is left remaining will be allowed to return to the show. An interesting twist, I think!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So is anyone watching Top Chef: Texas?

What do you think? I was glad they eliminated the person they did this week, as other people (Lindsay particularly) messed up the steaks, even though Ty-lör (what do you wanna bet his parents originally spelled his name Tyler) was willing to take the blame.

There just seem to be a LOT of chefs this season, I don't have a real favorite yet. And is anyone watching "Last Chance Kitchen" online? It's where the just-eliminated chef goes up against whichever other eliminated chef won the previous week, and eventually whoever is left remaining will be allowed to return to the show. An interesting twist, I think!
    I am watching.

I think the show could use new judges.

--------------------

I think the premise of "Chefs as Rock Stars" is getting some of the worst people on the show.

Of course, they need the drama to get people watching.

------------------------

I loved all the commotion about using corn versus flour tortillas for enchiladas.

I read the rule book for Mexican cooking, It's allowed under Rule 12 Subsection 12.5.

I saw a blurb on the news that talked about Paula Deen being sued by a former employee, not a good year for her, so far.

----------------

I finally caught an episode of Worst Chefs.....

I have to catch up on that show.

For some reason, I don't watch TVFN anymore. It seems that the network has really become very predictable and tedious.

The 'personalities' are just that, personalities and the programming is the same thing over and over again.

I guess you can only do so many 'chikin' recipes, but they are beating a dead horse. I would like to see some programs dedicated to technique, using utensils, products - as much as I do not like Martha Stewart, I do enjoy her Country Kitchen programs - they give you a lot of different stuff in a half hour, as opposed to shoving so much content into one FN show and then telling you to go to the website for the recipes.....

We're watching "Worst Cooks," and it is interesting, and nice to see them actually teaching real human beings things. I do feel bad of some of the contestants, who obviously did not have any kitchen time as children for whatever reason.

We were happy with the winner of "Top Chef: Texas," he seemed like a nice person and a talented chef.
    I've Been Frosted

So, is anyone watching "Chopped" in the new season, where it is all famous (Food Network/Bravo) chefs?

It amazes me sometimes what ingredients they come up with, and there are some things I have tried because they were on the show. Speck - which is smoked prosciutto - like cold bacon - is one example. But on this most recent show, one of the ingredients was "beef tendons" and I thought "Yuck! Why eat them?" and would not be tempted to try them even if I were not allergic to beef!
    I've Been Frosted