Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Oh Boy!!! Booby has more money than........

I'm guessing he has no idea who these people are or that he has time or desire to care. It is typical Booby Flake.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Oh Boy!!! Booby has more money than........

I'm guessing he has no idea who these people are or that he has time or desire to care. It is typical Booby Flake.

Just like his "I am going to steal that!" lines about the recipes, from the shows he does?

He seems to mostly take recipes and modify them to his own use. The more I see of him, the more I think that he has never "invented" his own recipes.

It's always about 'taking' recipes/concepts them adding ancho peppers. I see he's drifted away from mango salsa the last few years.

I was surprised about the article, I figured he'd steal recipes and that was it.

It just reinforces the idea that he's not the nice guy that people think he is.

Ina Garten is a real tool.

I had the FN on the tube and left it on while I was in the kitchen.

The program was about her visiting a friend and helping her cook some kind of pastry.

She had to stop and get the woman a 'piping set' to decorate the top of the thing that they were making. They started to cook and IG began to explain what to do. I thought she was kinda rude and thought she treated the gal like a dummy.

When the pastry was done?

IG sat at the table with another woman while the 'student' brought the thing to the table, then as any royal would do, she instructed the other woman to hand her the knives on the counter.

--------------

It's the IG show. You can tell the by bringing her friends on, she isn't shown up by a star. Plus, I get a kick out of her friends. The women hold her up with proper awe and the guys are FABULOUS!

IG gets more arrogant as the time goes by. I didn't like her much to begin with but she has moved into my top 5 of strong dislikes.

She is so full of herself. All she talks about is how great her food is. She has little to offer in my book. Most of the recipes I've seen her do are copies of someone else. It's sad.

How is Jeffrey still married to her? I think it's because he has always worked a long way away from home and commutes.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

How is Jeffrey still married to her? I think it's because he has always worked a long way away from home and commutes.
    Probably he does it to get away from her friends!

-----------

Fire engines sent to Blair's home

Three fire engines were sent to Tony Blair's home in Buckinghamshire after the former prime minister triggered smoke alarms while cooking breakfast.

Firefighters were summoned to the £6m South Pavilion in Wotton Underwood by an automatic alarm system, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Smoke had started to drift from the kitchen into other rooms in the seven-bedroomed house, but the first crew to arrive found no evidence of an actual fire.

The alarm was raised by automatic fire sensors at the Grade 1 listed home which is monitored by a security firm.

Control staff at the receiving centre immediately made a 999 call to the Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service which mobilised three fire engines.

A spokesperson for the Blairs said: "The Blairs were cooking breakfast when the smoke alarm went off. Because they live in a Grade 1 listed building, the smoke alarm is automatically connected to the local fire station, so the fire brigade sprang into action immediately.

"In fact it was just smoke without a fire but by the time Mrs Blair rang the fire service to tell them they didn't need to come, they were already on their way.

"All rather embarrassing and she'll certainly be sending them a big thank you note."

I don't feel bad now.

I like the Barefoot Contessa, I think its cute how she gets all excited when Jeffrey comes home, they seem to be very much in love, its refreshing.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I was looking thru some blogs about the TVFN and learned that Guy's last name is FERRY, not Fieri.

I wonder if the channel changed it or if he did.

http://www.youjustmademylist.com/?p=...1#comment-7357

I saw this and thought it was funny.

--------------

Dude, what is it with the Food Channel and their habit of tossing food away?

I passed by the BFC and she was making something with eggs. She separated the yolk from the whites-the whites went into the her trash bowl.

She made up some kind of excuse for tossing them.

-------------

The Chefs of Beverly Hills really sucks. The cooks want to be on TV, the people throwing the parties want to be stars and the parties are way too stupid. What a car wreck!

The TVFN is startin the "Cooking Channel" soon..

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/dining/21network.html

Doh!

Didja here about the TVFN chef busted for soliciting some bums to kill his wife?

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=499704&GT1=28102

------------

I watched part of the Beverly Hills/chef program. Hmmm....

------------

I was watching PBS and caught the America's Kitchen program.

The hosts were bbq-ingand were using a charcoal/Weber grill.

Just like Booby Flay?, the gal cooking put the lid of the BBQ on the FLOOR..I have BBQed while camping in the dirt, but I refuse to eat food that's covered with the lid of a BBQ that was just on the floor.....

The Beverly Hills program was kinda interesting, I now have it on "record series," just young professional chefs in various real situations. I do like that the segment with the "Foodies" not everything went as planned, and they had to cope with real situations, like the equipment not working, simple things like each thinking the other was responsible for something ...

Did it show whether she put the lid down upside down, maybe so the bottom of the lid didn't touch the floor?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The Beverly Hills program was kinda interesting, I now have it on "record series," just young professional chefs in various real situations. I do like that the segment with the "Foodies" not everything went as planned, and they had to cope with real situations, like the equipment not working, simple things like each thinking the other was responsible for something ...

Did it show whether she put the lid down upside down, maybe so the bottom of the lid didn't touch the floor?
    LOL, me and my 'OCD' watched the lid go on the floor!

I watched the BH chefs most recent episode.

The chefs catered a party for an insufferable 17 year old punk, another event for some people who were really into wine and a dinner for a couple.

The 17 yo was a rude little twit. I wanted to punch him. The wine party was so over the top that I had to watch THAT and the couple's dinner party was VERY irritating.

The husband was a macho jerk with absoloutely no redeeming qualities, what so ever. He was a b@st@rd to his wife-he cut her down every step of the way. He complained about everything she did - the woman went into the kitchen and ended up helping the chef cook, so that was the all the ammo the hubby needed to make her look like a fool, and he never backed down, even when the chef went to the woman's defense.

I could really see all the belittlement turning into a steak knife to the forehead if the woman snapped later on in the marriage...but, this is a food thread?

I was looking thru some blogs about the TVFN and learned that Guy's last name is FERRY, not Fieri.

I wonder if the channel changed it or if he did.
    Guy Ferry? Oh my goodness. I'm guessing he changed it.

I see everybody on the Grilling show put the lid on the ground. Are they filming new episodes of that show?

caseysmom: I have to agree that Ina and Jeffrey are pretty cute together. They seem very happy. I seem to be liking her better, the more I watch the show. I like some of her friends too. T.R. is pretty cute. I think he's a model.

I can't get into Beverly Hill's Chef. I need to pay closer attention to it.

I'm still loving Pat Neely!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I have not been following any of the FC program/cooking programs for a while, so I tuned in to the Barefoot Contessa today for backgroung noise.

LOLOLOL,

"Does anyone want a piece of Salmon Quiche, it's got a pastry crust with fresh sage and pepper I ground myself!"

She always serves with a rather extruded commentary about what is in the dish.

Check it out.

-------------

Top Chef Masters.

They were down to the final 8 chefs. I am starting to like Gael Greene and her hats....

Um......the chefs?

I like Jody Adams, Susur I cannot stand.

Susan Feniger creeps me out. When the FC first came out I would watch it with the GF. Her program, Two Hot Tamales was a laugh riot.

Her outfits are really bizarre and remind me of the horrible clowns that would show up in the pediatric units and scare the crap out of the kids.

Art Smith, Oprah's chef?

He seem's like he's shell shocked and I wondered if working for the Queen of all Media may have imprinted her perfection on him?

It seems like he's always freaking out about what he cooks-like a scolded puppy!

---------

That said?

TV chefs are becoming the rock stars of food, but the newer, younger group seem to be way to enamoured of they way they look, not cook....

Getting off the butcher block now..

I have not been following any of the FC program/cooking programs for a while, so I tuned in to the Barefoot Contessa today for backgroung noise.

LOLOLOL,

"Does anyone want a piece of Salmon Quiche, it's got a pastry crust with fresh sage and pepper I ground myself!"

She always serves with a rather extruded commentary about what is in the dish.

Check it out.

I will try the quiche. Sounds yummy.

I watched Ina Garten yesterday too. Have you ever noticed that she entertains a LOT of men when her husband is not around. What is up with that?

Anyway, the show started out with her making breakfast for her husband, then off he went for a trip. Then she proceeded to make lunch for her card playing group. They were all men. Very strange.

I do realize, though, that this is all a set up and there are tons of people around producing the show.