Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I am! Jenny asked Chef Anne if she had something against Jenny personally because she's been giving Jenny a harder time than the other recruits on the red team. Chef Beau didn't stop David from chopping garlic with the peel on - ick! The blue team did pan-roasted duck and the red team did pork - I printed the pork recipe so I can try it when I get all the ingredients. I won't be a spoiler but I was a tad surprised at the outcome.

I caught just the beginning of Bobby Flay doing a Throwdown of a beautiful cake - twelve really thin layers with icing in between each one - that he said was one of his all-time ever favorite desserts. I think it might have been a coconut icing. I will have to go on their Web site and see if I can find the recipe for it - it looked super delicious, muy delicioso!
    It was a coconut cake!

Thge do not have the program listed on my On Demand section, so I'll have to look for the worst cook program when the rerun it.

I have to say that I am falling in love with Ann Burrell!

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01...white-house%2F

Well, so much for credibility.

----------

Did anyone watch the end of Chef Academy?

I like the show and was really intrigued at the way the people were allowed more than one boo boo on the show.

I'll watch again, it was entertaining and not overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Is anyone watching Worst Chef? I missed last night's episode!

I love that show.
    I was a little surprised and disappointed by this week's outcome. I think Jenny's move from red to blue will work to her advantage. She is the recruit I am pulling for.

I'm also following "Chopped" -- but the one that was on last night (chicken wing appetizers and John the firefighter/chef) was so one-sided I couldn't get into it.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Did anyone watch the end of Chef Academy?

I like the show and was really intrigued at the way the people were allowed more than one boo boo on the show.

I'll watch again, it was entertaining and not overbearing.
    We watched it, and I was kind of glad that the one woman who didn't graduate, did not graduate. She made so many mistakes, and seemed to be there more for fun and home entertaining than for a real career like some of the other cheftestants. I thought that some of the "practical jokes" Chef Novelli played went a bit too far, but it was otherwise enjoyable to watch.
    I've Been Frosted

TVFN will premiere a Mex Food program tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

I guess Daisy is gone?

I saw the Mex food program. IT was o.k. C+.

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/01/21/food-tattoos/

Do these work if you are a cannibal?

Is anyone watching Worst Chef? I missed last night's episode!

I love that show.
    Richard, did you see it last night (1/24)? What did you think of the outcome? I didn't agree with the red team recruit who was eliminated, but I did with the blue.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Richard, did you see it last night (1/24)? What did you think of the outcome? I didn't agree with the red team recruit who was eliminated, but I did with the blue.
    I started to watch it and fell asleep!

When it 'reruns' I'll let you know?

Thanks!

Let me ask you something.

Would the program have been better if they had kept the worst chef (compared to how they badly they cooked) and worked on them for the duration? I know they picked the chefs that made the most progress, but I would have loved to have seen the worst chefs staying on an getting their chance.

It seems that they kicked the worst chefs in the teeth, then kept the ones that were doing well. Or, am I crazy?

----------------

Some of the shot looked like they were stage a bit and I didn't care for the 'walking up to the buidling' shots. I don't care for Jeffrey Steingarten and I noticed that as he and the women judges approached the front door he made no effort to open it for the women!

---------------

On a side note?
    I am disliking the Barefoot woman more and more. She's a snob. Guy Fieri....
    I love the places he goes to eat, but just find his humor and the need to touch the food items very unappealing.

I just find that a person's kitchen should be treated like a underwear drawer.

LOL, bear with me....

Should you get an invitation to look inside, it doesn't give you the right to touch everything in there.

Now, If I found undies in your knife drawer-that's another show!

We were so hoping for the "blue" finalist to win and I hoped that someone was going to offer her a cooking school scholarship - maybe (yes, I am an optimist) someone did so afterwards, or off camera?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We were so hoping for the "blue" finalist to win and I hoped that someone was going to offer her a cooking school scholarship - maybe (yes, I am an optimist) someone did so afterwards, or off camera?
    Yeah, I was waiting for that too.

Something good will happen for her...

---------------------------

I was doing some chores with the channel on-and Guy was making some kind of turkey melt.

The recipe calls for some bread crumbs, egg and herbs.

He grabs a bowl and fills it with the bread crumbs, He cracks the egg on the cutting board and you can see some of the yolk has leaked onto the board.

He grabs two plastic bags with the herbs in them and drags them over the spilled yolk. He takes what he needs from them and pushes the bowl away. The spilled yolk is now spread across the board.

The next ingredients are onions to be carmelized, the slices them on the same board and the spilled yolk is now part of the onion slices!

The onions go into the pan and he brings out a package of ground turkey, opens that over the spill, puts the turkey in to the breadcrumb mixture and
    then slides the bowl over the smeared egg and goes on to make the patties for the sandwiches.

He never washed his hands, nor made any attempt to clean up the spill.

ewh....With all the paranoia about salmonella and e. coli I was kinda hoping that he would be a little more careful in the way he prepped the food.

As you can see, I have quite a bit of time on my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I was hoping for her too. I filled the "Contact Us" form out on the FN Web site and asked them to do exactly that. I hope we haven't seen the last of the blue finalist.

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/conviction-kitchen/

I had insomnia last night and saw episode 5...

This is Hell's Kitchen, The Next FN Star and Top Chef rolled into one, on heroin, steroids and just a tad of mental problems.

WOW. It's far more interesting than I thought.

The language is coarse and I miss some of the stuff because of the accents?

But, if you do any of the kitchen/chef shows?
    You cannot miss this one.

It's not getting a prize, a restaurant or you face in a dining/food magazine.

It's way past real life.

I am always the eagle-eye when it comes to watching chefs/cooks and how they follow cleanliness rules. Guy is one of the worst. Paula Deen probably gets the prize for this because she wears her huge diamond ring(s) while mixing food with her hands and licks her fingers constantly. GROSS.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I