Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

So what did you all think of the Top Chef finale?

It's funny how little we knew some of the chefs - it was "oh, yeah, her!" and I bet they were all relieved to not pick Robin out of the knife block!
    I've Been Frosted

Out of the two brothers, I thought Bryan should have won - I think Michael is an elitist at best. However, given the choice of the three, I really thought Kevin was more inventive. I hated Michael's comment that Kevin "cooks what I cook on my day off" - arrogant SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So what did you all think of the Top Chef finale?

It's funny how little we knew some of the chefs - it was "oh, yeah, her!" and I bet they were all relieved to not pick Robin out of the knife block!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I watched part one of the finale.

I was not upset that the gal was voted off, she had a strange vibe about her.

Tom C said that this year's finalists were top of the line, that this was the best season, talent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I watched part one of the finale.

I was not upset that the gal was voted off, she had a strange vibe about her.

Tom C said that this year's finalists were top of the line, that this was the best season, talent wise.
    You're right, Richard, Jennifer was a bit off. She was talented, but as the competition went on, something just wasn't right.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I just watched part II of the finale and am glad that Brian lost.

Micheal seemed to be the more down to earth brother.

-----------

What was the problem with Kevin and Preeti????

The edited out any interaction between the both of them and I wondered if maybe Kevin's 'eye for detail' may have sunk him?

I noticed K complained about her speed and the number of ingredients she dealt with. He made it clear that the squash had to be perfect, so maybe being perfect cost him the competition?

There is a certain level of perfection that demands you sacrifice speed to get the end result-I think he may not have trusted her to perform up to his standards!

---------------

Chef Academy starts an hour earlier.

I thought I was not going to like this show, but I like the idea of giving the contestants three chances before they get tossed.

I like the idea of giving the contestants three chances before they get tossed.
    A little contestant salad. . .?

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    A little contestant salad. . .?
    Dude,
    LOL. You are lucky my mouth was empty.

--------------------

Did anyone see the Top Chef Reunion?

Guy Fieri is a train wreck that I love to watch.

He did a Q&A in Playboy magazine....I'll have to read it again...he really didn't say much.

On his Diners and Dives program I caught a segment where he stopped in at a Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee (?)- It was in the Midwest and one of the signature dishes he tried was duck tacos.

GF and the owner made a batch. They showed how to make the marinade and then prepare the dish. I was kinda on board until they finished and the owner put pineapple and some other weird ingredient on the tortilla.

I DID DIG the fact that the tortilla were hand made with blue corn flour added
    to them-but the add-ons to the duck made me gag a little.

Pineapple?

At the end of the segment GF begins to praise the owner for his Original Mex Tacos.....
    I had to laugh because I don't think I have ever heard of a duck taco.

We kept them as pets, not as an entree.

People do use tortillas as a base for many kinds of tacos-If you can make a sandwich out of it, you can put it into a tortilla and call it a taco!

Anyway,

I love the way that the FN rewrites the menu and doesn't do fact checking or tries to pull a fast one on us all.

Pineapple?

He did a Q&A in Playboy magazine....I'll have to read it again...he really didn't say much.

On his Diners and Dives program I caught a segment where he stopped in at a Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee (?)- It was in the Midwest and one of the signature dishes he tried was duck tacos.

GF and the owner made a batch. They showed how to make the marinade and then prepare the dish. I was kinda on board until they finished and the owner put pineapple and some other weird ingredient on the tortilla.

Pineapple?

At the end of the segment GF begins to praise the owner for his Original Mex Tacos.....

People do use tortillas as a base for many kinds of tacos-If you can make a sandwich out of it, you can put it into a tortilla and call it a taco!

Anyway,

I love the way that the FN rewrites the menu and doesn't do fact checking or tries to pull a fast one on us all.

Pineapple?
    FN doesn't expect people like you to be watching, Richard.

They should hire you as a consultant.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

The Iron Chef program with the White House chef was totally predictable. I watched a total of 3 minutes. Even Nigella Lawson and Jane Seymour could not get me to watch that dog.

-----------------------

I watched part of the new 'worst cook' program, it was good.

I love Ann Burrel-on one of the promos/commercials that ran? Sshe tells a gal that she has to pull her hair back while she cooks....

Pineapple?

Anyway,

Pineapple?
    I dig Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! One of the diners Guy visited for his show was a local joint not far from here, on Route 66 (Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket) ... and I like that he is actually trying to keep some semblance of a family life while he is boppin all over the country in that red car.

I watched the "Next Food Network Star" marathon on New Year's Eve ... not as much fun now that I know the outcome ... I got the impression several times that Jeffrey perceived himself as the one to beat; and talked/performed like he was aware of that. I'm glad Melissa won!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/conviction-kitchen/

This is a new series where 24 convicts are tasked to open an eatery in three weeks.

Premieres tonight.

Looks good!

Hey, Is R Ray packing on the lbs.?

I caught her on her other TV show and she looks "body healthy"!

-----------

Is anyone watching Worst Chef? I missed last night's episode!

I love that show.

I watched the first one, couldn't talk my hubby into switching to fn he was watching some shoot em up crud in the bedroom so I just fell asleep.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Is anyone watching Worst Chef? I missed last night's episode!

I love that show.
    I am! Jenny asked Chef Anne if she had something against Jenny personally because she's been giving Jenny a harder time than the other recruits on the red team. Chef Beau didn't stop David from chopping garlic with the peel on - ick! The blue team did pan-roasted duck and the red team did pork - I printed the pork recipe so I can try it when I get all the ingredients. I won't be a spoiler but I was a tad surprised at the outcome.

I caught just the beginning of Bobby Flay doing a Throwdown of a beautiful cake - twelve really thin layers with icing in between each one - that he said was one of his all-time ever favorite desserts. I think it might have been a coconut icing. I will have to go on their Web site and see if I can find the recipe for it - it looked super delicious, muy delicioso!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678