Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Seriously - try ordering online! Go to Dominos.com, and type in your zip code and find your store. You then pick your pizza, and you can just click on things for what crust, what sauce, what toppings, etc. And, after speaking with the folks at our local Dominos, they prefer the online orders, because they know exactly what the person wants, and the person knows exactly what they will be paying, too. I can easily order a pizza with no sauce - I am allergic to something in each of their sauces - online, but in any store, I have to repeat myself several times "Yes, NO sauce, I really mean it." I have never had them put sauce on a pizza when I have ordered it online!
    Never tried it but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Just read that Gordon Ramsey is doing a new show where he takes 'regular' people and tries to turn them into chefs!

------------------

OH, I just saw the eel and peaches poretion of CHOPPED...

Did that chef just go off on the judge?

I had never seen the woman judge before, but that guy was brutal....all over a friggin raw peach?

DUDE!

I just pulled a loaf of bread out that I added some onion flakes and dried basil to -1 tsp each- I also reduced the amount of sugar in the Amish bread recipe by half.

At first it had no depth to the flavor - it wasn't as sugary - but it wasn't until I sprinkled a little kosher salt and melted butter....

Oh my.

I made that?

I think olives, dried tomatoes, pepperoni and fresh would rock, not all at once!

The next loaf I have rising has more salt, basil and onion flakes- I also am trying the quick rise yeast...see what happens then!
    Stay tuned?

Did anyone watch Food Academy on Bravo?

I started to hate this program but it's starting to grow on me.

I am a little tired of the "Mean Foreign Chefs". I HATE IT WHEN they destroy dishes-both the food and plates- by dropping them into trashcans or the floor.

Mainly because of the shards of china/ceramic. That stuff is sharp.

---------------------------------

It looks interesting but, with BRAVO, they edit the programs/previews to make it look like something else is happening-That turned me off to TOP CHEF. It starts out well, then the program and editing gets stupid and I don't care about the chefs towards the end of the season......Oh, Padma has become very irritating-it's the way she presents herself and the way she talks.

---------------------------

I was trying to catch up with Top Chef and wondered....

Why did they bring everyone to a steak house, then the special guest tells everyone she's a veggie?

The cooks change their dishes and when they are served the judges wonder why the meal sucked?
    Last edited by RICHARD; 11-18-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    DUDE!

I just pulled a loaf of bread out that I added some onion flakes and dried basil to -1 tsp each- I also reduced the amount of sugar in the Amish bread recipe by half.

At first it had no depth to the flavor - it wasn't as sugary - but it wasn't until I sprinkled a little kosher salt and melted butter....

Oh my.

I made that?

I think olives, dried tomatoes, pepperoni and fresh would rock, not all at once!

The next loaf I have rising has more salt, basil and onion flakes- I also am trying the quick rise yeast...see what happens then!
    Stay tuned?
    This is sounding better and better, Richard. Can't wait to hear more.

I didn't see the show on Bravo. Sounds like something I would have liked to watch. I wonder how I missed it?
    I'll be on alert for a replay of it.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    This is sounding better and better, Richard. Can't wait to hear more.
    I have had pizza everyday since Sunday.

I posted another dough recipe on the "Recipe" thread and I was amazed at the results of the new batch.

The dough is so light and fluffy that I have made pizza, breadsticks and a few other creations.

I got a can of cheap spaghetti sauce, opened a can of sardines and mixed those together. I rolled out the dough and put the sauce, cheese and pepperoni on one edge, then rolled it like a jelly roll and cooked it for 20 minutes on a pizza stone. I let it cool and sliced it into bitesized pieces..Great with beer, the saltiness was a little too strong in some bites, I jsut have to adjust my recipe.

I didn't use all that sauce, too salty, so I saved it for tonight's creation. a regular pepperoni and cheese, with sausage and basil from my garden.

I have yet to taste it, If I post tomorrow it means it was o.k.!

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    i have had pizza everyday since sunday.

I posted another dough recipe on the "recipe" thread and i was amazed at the results of the new batch.

The dough is so light and fluffy that i have made pizza, breadsticks and a few other creations.

I got a can of cheap spaghetti sauce, opened a can of sardines and mixed those together. I rolled out the dough and put the sauce, cheese and pepperoni on one edge, then rolled it like a jelly roll and cooked it for 20 minutes on a pizza stone. I let it cool and sliced it into bitesized pieces..great with beer, the saltiness was a little too strong in some bites, i jsut have to adjust my recipe.

I didn't use all that sauce, too salty, so i saved it for tonight's creation. A regular pepperoni and cheese, with sausage and basil from my garden.

I have yet to taste it, if i post tomorrow it means it was o.k.!
    Yummmm!!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Wow...Richard...you are the man of my dreams! Pizza every night and homemade? I'm in love.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Wow...Richard...you are the man of my dreams! Pizza every night and homemade? I'm in love.
    LOL, at this rate, I'll be able to claim a PT woman in every state.

--------------

If you have to make a kitchen purchase? Grab a pizza stone.

I got mine from Pampered Chef and it rocks me! It crisps up the bottom of whatever you are cooking and the pizzas have been spectacular.

We're still following this season of Top Chef, and are rooting for Kevin - whom we call "red beard" - his food looks yummy, and not as prissy as some of the other chefs. It's all well and good to do fancy stuff, but at least cook it right and tasty!
    I've Been Frosted

I got mine from Pampered Chef and it rocks me! It crisps up the bottom of whatever you are cooking and the pizzas have been spectacular.
    My husband and I have managed to break three pizza stones. We gave up and use cushioned cookie sheets. I found out it's probably because I insist on cleaning the things with soap! (slap hand) BAD Maggie, BAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We're still following this season of Top Chef, and are rooting for Kevin - whom we call "red beard" - his food looks yummy, and not as prissy as some of the other chefs. It's all well and good to do fancy stuff, but at least cook it right and tasty!
    I'm still following it, too! I like all the contestants that are now left, but Kevin is an original!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

--------------

LOL!!! Just make sure you bring Ed along for entertainment.

You can't help it if you're just an all around great guy. Keep on with the wonderful tips and humor.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Is anyone out there (besides me) following The Next Iron Chef? I was rooting for Chef Mullen, but he's been eliminated. If Chef Mehta wins I might need to have a chat with the Chairman. Chef Mehta's kaiseki preparation was over the top with all those flowers. Go, Chef Garces, go!

I stumbled into Guy Fieri and his son cooking together - it looked like the topic was Thanksgiving leftovers. I thought it was nice to see him with his son! They were making sort of a one-dish meal with potatoes, tomatoes, and leftover roasted turkey. I came into it part way through so I'm not sure what all Guy had in the pan before he added the tomatoes.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Is anyone out there (besides me) following The Next Iron Chef? I was rooting for Chef Mullen, but he's been eliminated. If Chef Mehta wins I might need to have a chat with the Chairman. Chef Mehta's kaiseki preparation was over the top with all those flowers. Go, Chef Garces, go!
    I am, I kind of like Chef Mehta's exuberance, but maybe that's just me! I was rooting for Amanda Freitag, but she got eliminated, so it'll be interesting to see which one wins.
    I've Been Frosted